2019 Reservations Now Available On-line

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
I don't know when this came open but you can now book and reserve 2019 room-only reservations for your Fort Wilderness stays on-line at the WDW website. As of today (Wednesday June 20, 2018) you can book out as far as departing Tuesday November 5, 2019. That is a little longer than 500 days but not by much.

I will work up the year-over-year data as I have in the past once it becomes available.

Bama Ed

Yep, 2019 packages were released yesterday. 2019 room only reservations have been available for awhile (those can be booked by phone 499 days in advance).

It's not much cheaper the first week either... Our 8 day stay is still going to cost almost $900 for a tent site for our popup. We may be getting a camper by then but I almost want to just stick with the pup to save $300 on a campsite :)

Personally I am waiting to see if we break the $200 a night barrier (with tax) for a Premium in the Christmas/New Years period. We were close last year at $196.

I remember on this board when the highest in-year rate for any site hit $100. And we moaned and groaned about it then.

It's a good thing Disney has added all those new features, wangdoodles, and watchamacallits to the campsites annually to justify the higher rates.

:rolleyes:

Bama Ed

No kidding. My spring break dates are $133/night for a TENT site!

This past spring break 2018 high rate for Tents was $144 WITH TAX (which I think is about 11%) so yep it's definitely an increase year-over-year. When you reserve a site with Disney online, the rates quoted don't include tax.

Last edited:
Personally I am waiting to see if we break the $200 a night barrier (with tax) for a Premium in the Christmas/New Years period. We were close last year at $196.

I remember on this board when the highest in-year rate for any site hit $100. And we moaned and groaned about it then.

It's a good thing Disney has added all those new features, wangdoodles, and watchamacallits to the campsites annually to justify the higher rates.

:rolleyes:

Bama Ed

This past spring break 2018 high rate for Tents was $144 WITH TAX (which I think is about 11%) so yep it's definitely an increase year-over-year.

Come on, they added great new features. You can no longer request to be near the elevator while in the campground. Last September they removed some trees, oh wait that was the hurricane. They added, mmm no, uh give me a minute, umm, there must be something, it is right on the tip of my tongue....

And my personal favorite too-expensive-to-add feature: a couple of $250 propane patio warmers so you can use the Trails End porch on those frigid nights. I actually complained to the manager about it especially since we had just come from the Wilderness Lodge where the outdoor area at the new bar was downright toasty. That must be what $350/night buys you. :sad:

I paid $165 a night this past 2nd week of March for a premium site. It was made worse by the heavy crowds. No more spring break for this guy.

OK, I just booked Halloween 2019, it was a lot less painful, lol. I still have Christmas to book, that will be a scary one!

Only 2019 booking I have is with a friends family in July. We have not settled the normal Winter trip. I missed out on Jan/Feb this year after a I managed to shatter my heel in December.

Only 2019 booking I have is with a friends family in July. We have not settled the normal Winter trip. I missed out on Jan/Feb this year after a I managed to shatter my heel in December.

Hope you have healed up, jbrostek.

Bama Ed

Getting there. Big catch up post was made yesterday. Looks like end of Jan 2019 might be the adult trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!