2019?

I believe that all of the schools in the North East are still in session. NY schools all have Regents Exams the 3rd week of June, so they can't close before that.

I am planning a solo trip in the spring of 2019 to finally experience F&G and then another in the fall, not sure if I want Galaxys Edge to open at that time or not since it will be a chaos, lol. I do want that land to open but not necessarily be there at the beginning.

I am planning a solo trip in the spring of 2019 to finally experience F&G and then another in the fall, not sure if I want Galaxys Edge to open at that time or not since it will be a chaos, lol. I do want that land to open but not necessarily be there at the beginning.

I know. It's so hard to even think about a plan when we a) have no idea when GE is set to open (late 2019 is pretty ambiguous) and b) CROWDS. Do I even try to get there in 2019, even if GE is open and brave the crowds or do I wait until 2020?

I hoping to get a trip next Oct 19 in the UK half Term - taking in both F&W and a Halloween party .

That is of course dependent on SW land being open; as I might need to move the trip to the Christmas Holidays if they decide they want to leave opening till the Thanksgiving holiday.

Darn you Disney and all your fun stuff

I hoping to get a trip next Oct 19 in the UK half Term - taking in both F&W and a Halloween party .

That is of course dependent on SW land being open; as I might need to move the trip to the Christmas Holidays if they decide they want to leave opening till the Thanksgiving holiday.

Darn you Disney and all your fun stuff

I know! So many new things coming!

What other planning can I possibly do? Our Disney Trip is like 430 days away. So far I just know what dates( and it took awhile to set the dates).

Does anyone have a timeline that you use to prepare?

What other planning can I possibly do? Our Disney Trip is like 430 days away. So far I just know what dates( and it took awhile to set the dates).

Does anyone have a timeline that you use to prepare?

I don't think so, right now. I'd suggest reading what you can on these boards; they really helped me prepare for my first trip. what planning you do and when depends on your family, really. For example, you know best if your family will want to park hop or stay in one park per day and that will help you make decisions about what tickets to purchase, what park to visit each day, ADRs, FPs, etc. If you want more details, PM me and we'll chat! Talking about Disney planning is a hobby of mine :smooth:

:confused3
I don't think so, right now. I'd suggest reading what you can on these boards; they really helped me prepare for my first trip. what planning you do and when depends on your family, really. For example, you know best if your family will want to park hop or stay in one park per day and that will help you make decisions about what tickets to purchase, what park to visit each day, ADRs, FPs, etc. If you want more details, PM me and we'll chat! Talking about Disney planning is a hobby of mine :smooth:
Thank you. I would love that. I think I will have the hardest time doing Fastpass. I read up on it and still I'm confused.

So on another note, How do I pm you?

Woo. May 3 - 12, 2019. Adding on a couple nights so we're not as scheduled as we've been in the past. That said, hmm, better start thinking about those ADRs!

Before our trip, I got a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, which I found to be quite helpful.

The planning really gets going a bit before 180 days out. You make your ADR's at 180 days, so a bit before that, you have to figure out what park you will go to on what days. Once that is done, then you can figure out what Table Service restaurants you want to eat at, and at about what times, and then make yourself a list. On the 180 day mark, you make your ADR's for those meals. After that, the next milestone really is the 60 day mark for making your FP+ selections.

Before our trip, I got a copy of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, which I found to be quite helpful.

The planning really gets going a bit before 180 days out. You make your ADR's at 180 days, so a bit before that, you have to figure out what park you will go to on what days. Once that is done, then you can figure out what Table Service restaurants you want to eat at, and at about what times, and then make yourself a list. On the 180 day mark, you make your ADR's for those meals. After that, the next milestone really is the 60 day mark for making your FP+ selections.

I haven't read the Unofficial Guide, but I've seen many posts just like yours. :)

Would love to go for our 30th anniversary in November. But if not then I hope Christmas 2020

It's funny that the original post was in 2017, which was when I started thinking about a 2019 trip. We had to wait until both kids were in college, so they would have the same winter break in January. I'm here to look for new tips, because we haven't been in 2 years and a lot has changed. I can't wait!

I will be ravelling solo in Jan-Feb, don't know yet exact dates. Then I'm doing a solo DCL in September and then I'm travelling in November/December in time for Star Wars: Galaxy Edge land opening with my Fiancé. 2019 can't get here any sooner!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!