2020 DVC Annual Dues

I do not know the SSR actual figures for administration and front desk, although $9M sounds high, e.g., BWV is only about $4.1M. Nevertheless, the total figures you are seeing in the Riviera budget for 2020 do not reflect the total operational or capital costs of the entire resort. The figures you are seeing are based on what has already been sold and what is likely to be dedicated to DVC during 2020. DVD still has a lion's share of the resort and the amount that it is likely to be responsible for by end of 2020 is not included in the annual budget. As Riviera gets sold year over year, you will see those total numbers per budget item increase and then once the resort sells out, you will have total actual numbers. More reliable at this time is the per point costs set out because those are determined based on the total points applicable to the resort in relation to the total budget for the resort that includes everything still unsold.

I thought the $9 million was high too..but I was comparing the 2 documents as they are both my home resorts, I didn’t look at BWV, my other one because it’s shared.

But, your explanation makes perfect sense as to why it’s so different at this point, since the resort is t yet all DVC.

Thanks!

I thought the $9 million was high too..but I was comparing the 2 documents as they are both my home resorts, I didn’t look at BWV, my other one because it’s shared.

But, your explanation makes perfect sense as to why it’s so different at this point, since the resort is t yet all DVC.

Thanks!

Ya I didn't look at the total cost but simply the cost per point.

The other persons example make sense. I wonder if RIV being a newer resort figured on "longer" stays? In comparison SSR has to account for so many people who fill in random days with their resort.

You might have someone stay at SSR for 1 day and then 6 nights at RIV. The manpower/supplies/magic bands are the same for both but you would see a 6x price increase for SSR.

Ya I didn't look at the total cost but simply the cost per point.

The other persons example make sense. I wonder if RIV being a newer resort figured on "longer" stays? In comparison SSR has to account for so many people who fill in random days with their resort.

You might have someone stay at SSR for 1 day and then 6 nights at RIV. The manpower/supplies/magic bands are the same for both but you would see a 6x price increase for SSR.

We will see what happens next year when more points are sold and how that total goes up in comparison to SSR since that is sold out.

Ive never seen more than 5 CMs at the lobby at SSR checking people in so it would seem it has to be more of the “administrative“ aspect than front desk.

it could also be that they budgeted for the Skyliner and Busses to be used full time just in case the skyliner broke down. I guess just wishfull thinking the dues might go down some on Riviera. I still can't figure out why its so much more. Now if we knew it wouldn't go up for 3 years while other resorts did then it would be more reassuring. Which it seems like the newer ones stay similar right? Exp. Copper Creek? Not much of a change this year at all.

There was some speculation initially that Riviera had higher dues due to anticipation of higher staff costs from the increased minimum wage, and that other resorts would increase in the near future also to "catch up" so to speak. Not sure if that theory has been disproven or not based on the 2020 dues, or if it's still a valid theory.

There was some speculation initially that Riviera had higher dues due to anticipation of higher staff costs from the increased minimum wage, and that other resorts would increase in the near future also to "catch up" so to speak. Not sure if that theory has been disproven or not based on the 2020 dues, or if it's still a valid theory.
The theory that I promoted, similar to what you are talking, is that Riviera wouldn't see an increase in the dues from 2019 to 2020 because the resort was open only for 2 weeks in 2019 so the dues in 2019 were likely using the same costs as the 2020 estimated dues. This was shown to be correct. The tangent to that is that the other resorts should see an increase because the minimum wage (average for the year) from 2019 to 2020 would be increasing again so those resorts were fully expected to see an increase in the Dues; this was proven to be true. They didn't come up to be aligned with Riviera but my educated guess (if CCV is any indication) the other resorts in a couple years time will be aligned with Riviera. Better to "guess" dues high then set them low and be accused of artificially deflating them for sales (BLT, AUL).

The theory that I promoted, similar to what you are talking, is that Riviera wouldn't see an increase in the dues from 2019 to 2020 because the resort was open only for 2 weeks in 2019 so the dues in 2019 were likely using the same costs as the 2020 estimated dues. This was shown to be correct. The tangent to that is that the other resorts should see an increase because the minimum wage (average for the year) from 2019 to 2020 would be increasing again so those resorts were fully expected to see an increase in the Dues; this was proven to be true. They didn't come up to be aligned with Riviera but my educated guess (if CCV is any indication) the other resorts in a couple years time will be aligned with Riviera. Better to "guess" dues high then set them low and be accused of artificially deflating them for sales (BLT, AUL).
So if you had to guess you think that Riviera won't increase much for 2020 or 2021 while other resorts increase like CCV and come in line with Riviera's $8.30 due rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter