2020 Free Dining Plan

TheMagicDivision

Earning My Ears
So I’ve booked our DisneyWorld stay over the phone not long ago and the cast member told me to watch out for a free dining plan release in January.
My question is, if I’m trying to get the free dining plan when it releases should I be calling the Disney dining line or the normal reservation line?

Resort reservations line. The free dining promo really has nothing to do with "dining", it's attached to resort bookings.

Depending on where you're booked, and in what category of room you're booked, there's a decent chance you'll have to change either room categories or even resorts to qualify for the free dining promo.

We’re heading end of March which I know has only ever been part of the free dining period once so I was really surprised when the cast member said there was probably some free dining packages coming out for my dates!
I don’t have my hopes up but maybe because of all the construction happening at Epcot plus the main pool will be under maintenance construction during our stay dates (Pop Century).

Thanks! I am still hoping for September dates but not holding my breath!! Have an awesome time!!

So I’ve booked our DisneyWorld stay over the phone not long ago and the cast member told me to watch out for a free dining plan release in January.
My question is, if I’m trying to get the free dining plan when it releases should I be calling the Disney dining line or the normal reservation line?
If FD does come out for your dates, you should modify online or make a new reservation online. Phone lines are usually jammed on FD release days.

Hello everyone... how cna I know if there will be free dining in some dates in april 2020?

Hello everyone... how cna I know if there will be free dining in some dates in april 2020?

No, dates up to 4/25/20 came under the Gift Of Magic discount and Sun and Fun promo was just released for dates beginning April 1.

If FD does come out for your dates, you should modify online or make a new reservation online. Phone lines are usually jammed on FD release days.

Right now, I have a trip booked for September that falls during dates that Free Dining has historically been offered. I booked myself without going through a travel agent, but now I'm second guessing. If Free Dining is released, how hard will it be for me to go in and modify my reservation myself and get the deal? I realized I may have to change room types or resorts - my concern is this is a family trip, so I'll have to do so for 3 rooms, and I know these deals go fast? If I log on first thing in the morning to My Disney Experience, when it's just released, would updating 3 room reservations be doable on my own?

Right now, I have a trip booked for September that falls during dates that Free Dining has historically been offered. I booked myself without going through a travel agent, but now I'm second guessing. If Free Dining is released, how hard will it be for me to go in and modify my reservation myself and get the deal? I realized I may have to change room types or resorts - my concern is this is a family trip, so I'll have to do so for 3 rooms, and I know these deals go fast? If I log on first thing in the morning to My Disney Experience, when it's just released, would updating 3 room reservations be doable on my own?
I've done two separate reservations myself quickly and easily online. I will say, we later decided to switch to a different resort and could see it was available(this was a few days later) for one room, but couldn't see if it was available for two. We called and the CM on the phone was able to link our reservations and send them through together to make the switch. Moral of the story, do it yourself in the morning if you can, call if you have problems.

Definitely go in and try to modify the rooms yourself. Your modify button may or may not work. My button didn’t work a few days ago, but it works now. It comes and goes. Lol.

If you can’t modify, book new reservations online under the promotion and take what you can get. It’s possible to get 3 rooms for the same dates, resort and room category, it really depends on what inventory they’re releasing under that promotion and how early you’re up to book it. If you can’t get exactly what you want, be flexible If possible.

Free dining has already been released, up to September 8th. And there’s a lot of limitations

These forums never disappoint. Planning the first WDW trip in a few years (usually we do DL) and all I did was search "free dining" and here you all are!

Looking forward to planning!

P.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts