2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

sirenia88

You are a Toy car!
Howdy,

The Southern folks have their Gulf Coast SP dis meet up. Why not make a NE thread. I figured maybe making this its own thread due some interest in the Chit Chat thread. Please feel free to post up suggestions, comments, thoughts, etc on the matter. Sort of short notice but hey its camping!

What: NE Disboader Meet and Greet
Where: Moose Hillock NY Resort
When: August 12-16, 2020 (The tribe has kind of spoken. DW booked the dates since it was concurrent with others)
Who:
Going

@sirenia88 (Alan, and family)
@snowmedic (Vince and family)
@4077 (Jimmy and family)
@ggc (? and family)
@tigger92662 (Joe and family)
@Sjm9911 (? and family)

Maybes

Why: Because why not!

A couple of starter ideas

1) Large pool with a cabana section. Maybe do a pool day. We generally rent a cabana when we do Typhoon Lagoon or some form of water park. So I can see one of these pirate cabanas in my family's future. (In the works)
2) Roving campsite meet and greet.
3) Potluck thoughts. I know some might not be as comfortable with the idea.
4) Try visiting some local attractions. Group or individual families (In the works)

Have at it with....

Last edited:
I’m up for a NE dis meet. Moose Hillock locks like a nice campground,
and lots of attractions, Great Escape and Hurricane Harbor, and for @tiggerdad, plenty of strip malls for shopping.
I just made my reservation for July and I was thinking that’s Disney prices for a tent site, 340 for three days due at reservation booking. If I remember correctly the lady said if you book longer than 5 days it’s a 60% deposit. Golf cart rental is 86 plus tax per day.

I live 3 hrs. from there so I wouldn’t mind going to months in a row if we agree with August.

I hope you guys pull this off. As I told Arc, a DISMeet is wherever at least 2 or 3 are gathered in Mickey's name....

Bama Ed

fort_wilderness_sign_holland.jpg

h/t to MousePlanet.

Last edited:

Depending on the dates, i might go. Tbh, was looking at going there this year or next, lol. Lake george has plenty to do. And there are off the beaten path stuff also. The great escape is good for a day, there is a drive in theater close to there, the glen? , great mini golf course ( one of the best ) right on lake george. Resturants glore. Prospect mountan is nice to drive up. Good veiws of the lake. And then you have the lake beachs.

sirenia88,

I just took a look at the campground website-a Tiger King week-end and a Candy Land week-end? This sounds like one fabulous campground. I have always wanted to go to a Dismeet, and Lake George is only about five hours away. I would like to come, but I won't commit until I get a bit more of a feel on this whole COVOD 19 dilemma. I appreciate you looking into this. Thank you.

Worse comes to worse, it could be a 2021 thing. At least we know stuff like six flags etc will be open.

Disney Cruise Line cancellation through tat least September 15th should be coming as cruise line group has agreed to do this with the CDC... so, I feel bad about being happy that it seems I’ll be headed for the Moose August 12-16 :thumbsup2
(...and I booked same cruise/week for next year anyway that I will use Disney 125% refund for... so not so sad)

Well I guess we have a quorum now with tigger92662 and myself for at least a few days at the same time at Moose Hillock.....

I have to wait and see when i get back home. At promised land state park right now. Will check on it Wednesday.

The DW booked us a site this morning for August 12th through August 16th. It may change to a longer period of time. So that is one more family in. I do not know who else can book the same dates but more the merrier!

Looks like I'm out for this year. We are shorthanded at work, and i cant get the time off right now. That may change, who knows.

The DW booked us a site this morning for August 12th through August 16th. It may change to a longer period of time. So that is one more family in. I do not know who else can book the same dates but more the merrier!
I am excited even for 3... I’ve never camped at a DIS meet before... only met a few of you at Fort when I happened to be in Orlando for work while others were at Fort around Halloween... I am ready to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts