2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

Hey all, very sorry we didnt make it tonight's shindig. MIL has been having some health issues this trip which got worse after dinner. So we spent evening packing and will leave very early am tomorrow. It was great to finally meet you guys anc hope we can do this again soon.
Vince. Thanks for the generous gift of syrup. Hopefully it lasts me awhile LOL

That was an excellent evening with topics of all matters related to Disney and beyond. It went well into the night and until the last embers of the fire's flames went out. However it was kind of funny when Spencer and I kicked into an NJ foodie discussion. We had to explain the food to Jim and Vince.

However the kids played games, the adults had various discussion of different things. The fire was going and once the darkness took over the kids roasted marshmallows on the fire.

On that note, was it a success?

It was a good time! Thanks for hosting the evening! (I am more prepared than ever for my training in NJ next week 😆). Safe travels to everyone pulling out today, and enjoy the last bit for those here another day... tubing today.

Tigger... hope all ok with MIL.

Oh... also thanks for the smile from the secret visitor to our site the other day.....

(Next to the fireplace)

CBB0C107-2AFA-4A6A-9CBC-E30A4F803C0B.jpeg

2257CCF9-B3AA-4325-8899-5101BF818B52.jpeg

That was an excellent evening with topics of all matters related to Disney and beyond. It went well into the night and until the last embers of the fire's flames went out. However it was kind of funny when Spencer and I kicked into an NJ foodie discussion. We had to explain the food to Jim and Vince.

However the kids played games, the adults had various discussion of different things. The fire was going and once the darkness took over the kids roasted marshmallows on the fire.

On that note, was it a success?
Boy, now I'm really sorry I missed it

Few traffic-y spots... pulled out about 11:15, home at 4:30... this included stop at rest area to grab sandwiches we made for lunch and a potty break for humans and dog. Finished unpacking trailer and truck and putting all that stuff away around 9:30 (has to do to fridge clean up and other things as well). Tomorrow wash trailer and truck, as well as other assorted errands... next scheduled trip out is Normandy Farms next to Gillette stadium in Foxborough, MA for Labor Day.

Was a fun time! Will get around to a recap of my whole week on my other thread at some point, but have a lot to do over next couple days before heading to NJ for training Wed night to Sun. Glad to have been able to actually meet everyone who came to camp! Thanks everyone who made the trip!

We left Moose around 11:30 AM after a last minute all around check.tires on the vehicle and trailer. We made plans to be outside of Utica fo a few nights. After a few minutes of checking out, we were on the road.

After a detour Dow route 9 from the GPS and then traffic around Albany, we got on to 90. After about an hour of driving, Elizabeth and I decided to pull over for lunch, leg stretch and bathroom break. I always do a walk around of the truck and trailer. Nothing noticeable. We have lunch and then let the dog out. While I was walking back to the truck, I noticed the left rear trailer tire was low. I figured I would inspect once I got the dog back into the truck.

While performing a dead lift of the dog, I heard someone say tailer tire is low. They were another set of campers. I said thanks and I was noticed it too and was going to take a look once I got the dog in. I went to the tire in question and sure enough it was hissing.

I sprung into action. Elizabeth assisted me getting the tire off the trailer and the spare down from its holding area. Luckily I was to break off the lugs and get the spare on. Next I check the air pressure and find out I'm at 60 PSI. Now I have to unhook the truck and had Elizabeth back it up to the tire in question. Unfortunately I have a small portable compressor that takes forever to get the tire to 80. Turns out it took 20 minutes. Then back to hooking up the truck to the trailer. Finally getting on the road. We finally got to our site around 4 pm after about an extra hour at the rest stop.

This morning I looked around for a tire place to see if they can patch the tire. I found a place. However the puncture was too close to the side wall. A new tire will need to be purchased. As luck would have it, they had the correct spec tire in stock. About 20 minutes and 110 dollars later a new tire. The kicker was about 80 of that was the tire. 15 for mounting and the rest for regulatory fees and taxes.

I got back to the trailer and we went out to see the area. We did gem mining for a couple of hours and then saw a couple of boats use the locks. We came back to the trailer were I replaced the tire which went much quicker.

After dinner we had a nice fire. Looking forward to an early I night, I took a shower. Enter my next misfortune. As I was taking my shower, I accidentally must have tapped the handle of the sink and the stopper was engaged. 10 minutes later, I had a flooded bathroom floor. I spent the next 40 minutes cleaned the mess up. After that I headed to the laundry to wash and dry the towels while a fan is blowing the bathroom dry. Luckily I didn't have too much water penatration. But between the fan and two buckets of damp rid, I'm hoping for a miracle.

So right now at 11 PM, I'm watching 2 loads of towels drying in the drier. This was the point where I wanted to going to bed. Hopefully the rest of the week will be better.

Yea , my air pump isn't good eaither. I do bring a plug in reguler one, i fill it with air before leaving so its just like a storage tank. I figure i would fill it as much as i could and then hit a gas station.

You both had some bad luck this trip, but at least it was easily fixable stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter