2020 Odyssey of the Seas

DizneyNutz

DIS Veteran
So who is going on the inaugural cruise Nov. 5, 2020? we are booked for a B2B Nov. 5 & Nov. 9. Will be our first time on an inaugural cruise.

I looked into that but I don't like that they are less than 7 night sailings. We are going with a B2B on Symphony instead. I'll get to the Odyssey eventually though.

I just booked her for 2/12/22. It's an 8 night southern Caribbean. Figure cruising should be back by then.

So can we discuss this ship? What's on her? Interested in dining. Looks like Teppanyaki, Izumi, Giovani's, Wonderland (which looks so cool) and Chops Steakhouse. What about other stuff...free stuff?

What about lounges/bars? Looks like a really cool Bionic bar.

Anyone know what time early dining is? I initially booked your-time dining but then reconsidered and asked my TP to switch us to early. But I thought she said it was 5:15. That seems oddly early. Usually it's like 6:00 or 6:15. Maybe I misremembered and she said your-time is from 5:15 on.

There are several ships with the bionic bar aboard. It is a neat little display to check out but the drinks were not up to par IMO. Just an experience and then you most likely wont stop there anymore. Yes the early dining is 5:15. it is earlier than we typically eat at home but the second dining usually interferes with too many activities, ie: Shows, etc.

There are several ships with the bionic bar aboard. It is a neat little display to check out but the drinks were not up to par IMO. Just an experience and then you most likely wont stop there anymore. Yes the early dining is 5:15. it is earlier than we typically eat at home but the second dining usually interferes with too many activities, ie: Shows, etc.
We tried the Bionic Bar on the Symphony and the drinks were terrible there as well. After a couple different ones we gave up.
Interesting to watch but they shouldn't expect anything great.

We tried the Bionic Bar on the Symphony and the drinks were terrible there as well. After a couple different ones we gave up.
Were the bionic bar drinks included with the drink package?

A lot will complain its just a gimmic, but we (kids and myself - adult included) found it fun to watch on Symphony. Sure the drink wasn't up to par with a Lava Flow or Mai Tai, but still fun. You can create your own or go with one of the suggested mixes.

I was going to do the your-time dining but we did it last time and it was very awkward. We had same server section every night (mostly the same table) and he was very oddly fixated on telling us to come either 6:15 or 8:00. And pick one and stick with it. I had made resies online before the cruise and 3 specialty venue resies. I chose times based on ports and what time we'd be back on ship and showered up. So I had all different times as I thought that is what your-time was (it was on Carnival and actually better because we didn't even make resies there, just walked up). I didn't want to deal with any awkwardness this time. And we likely will do all the specialty venues. So I just want same time and same table for MDR nights.

Did you book any specialty for Nov? Did you get a meal package? Last Royal cruise we got a 3 night package for a sale when they had it. Was a great deal. I want to do 4 or 5 this time. Don't think they have that. They have the unlimited one but not sure we'll need that. Curious your thoughts and what you're doing?

I was going to do the your-time dining but we did it last time and it was very awkward. We had same server section every night (mostly the same table) and he was very oddly fixated on telling us to come either 6:15 or 8:00. And pick one and stick with it.

On an RC cruise? That is pretty shocking. The staff is usually so over accommodating on RC. I agree, that is very awkward.

On an RC cruise? That is pretty shocking. The staff is usually so over accommodating on RC. I agree, that is very awkward.
Yeah. It's almost like he just wanted to keep us in his section. Maybe it had something to do with having our 20 year old identical twin girls with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter