2020 points charts...

desamnik

DIS Veteran
My daughter graduates HS in June of 2020 and would like to plan a "girls graduation trip", using our points. Most likely she would do it either beginning on April 20th or sometime the first week of June 2020..

When does DVC typically release the points charts? I've never looked to plan that far head!!

Thank you.

I think once we are towards the end of 2018 we should see the 2020 charts because potentially someone could book 2020 at the end of Jan 2019. If you want to get an idea of points just look at what is currently there for 2019. The points likely won't change a ton. The only variable would be if she was to go in April -- those points charts shift with the Easter Holiday.

Easter 2020 is April 12th, so Apr 5-18 would be higher points. When you say a "girls...trip", someone will need to be 18 or older if it just for her and her friends.

With Easter falling around the April dates for 18 and 19, it is a bit difficult to figure out what the points might be! I think they will probably go on April 19th, 2020. Which should be after the Easter points boost. I am going to go look at the charts!
I think once we are towards the end of 2018 we should see the 2020 charts because potentially someone could book 2020 at the end of Jan 2019. If you want to get an idea of points just look at what is currently there for 2019. The points likely won't change a ton. The only variable would be if she was to go in April -- those points charts shift with the Easter Holiday.

She will be 18, and I know a couple of the other girls will also be 18! Thanks for the heads up on that!
Easter 2020 is April 12th, so Apr 5-18 would be higher points. When you say a "girls...trip", someone will need to be 18 or older if it just for her and her friends.

May 1 through June 10 is Dream Season which would be less than April. Those points shouldn't change unless DVC decides to reallocate points for some reason or other.

We took eight of our son's friends and booked a GV at OKW (we own there) for a week after their graduation in early June. It was good that the two of us were along on this trip to resolve the drama at times.

The 2020 charts won't come out until December 2018, after the annual meeting and often around Christmas.

You will need to check for Easter for 2020 as the 14 days around it can be Premier Season.

Early June is usually Dream season. Early June used to be a cheaper season but it isn't anymore.

Old thread but studios up an 1 beds down generally in 2020 (looking at Beach Club)?

They've really jiggled the points about for 2020, for example Boardwalk Standard gone up even in 1 beds.

If studios and one one bedrooms went up for boardwalk, where did the prices go down? Or were points more balanced out between seasons?

If studios and one one bedrooms went up for boardwalk, where did the prices go down? Or were points more balanced out between seasons?
They may have decreased 2BR and GV
Or they made more rooms Standard and fewer are Pool and/or Boardwalk View

Each resort is different, naturally. At VWL (I don't call it by its new, stupid name), all the holiday weeks' and their respective seasons have gone up in the studio and 1BR category, especially the latter. For example, the weekly rate for a 1BR during Premier Season went from 341 to 374. That's a huge jump at almost 5 points per night.

There’s no rhyme or reason why 1 beds, always the last to go, have gone up in points.

I would like to see how they came up with these new points. If you look at using points for only studios and 1 BR you have about 20% more than if they were booked as 2 BR. So they somehow created and extra 10%. Someone is get 'hosed" and it's the owners.
Not if the total lock off points sold equals the equivalent of the total 2 bedroom lockouts and not the sum of the lock off studios and lock off 1 bedrooms. Quite sure that is what they did.

If more points get used than what was "sold" for a 2 bed lock off night, them somewhere there should be unbooked nights. Those most likely end up as breakage. Revenue (up to contractual cap) goes to reduce annual dues.

I would like to see how they came up with these new points. If you look at using points for only studios and 1 BR you have about 20% more than if they were booked as 2 BR. So they somehow created and extra 10%. Someone is get 'hosed" and it's the owners.

Just because a Studio+1B occupy the same physical space as a 2B doesn't mean that the points need to be identical. It's just another form of balancing demand.

Where lockoffs are concerned, they can use data on average bookings of separate 1B/Studio vs 2b.

A friendly howdy doo to all you, the 2020 point charts go released today, obviously accessible right now only by DVC owners. None of the rental companies have updated yet for 2020 as realistically it doesn't matter for them yet can't book 2020 for a bit still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter