2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

Yes! I love it. I hope I can complete the Haunted Mansion or Tea Party event for this year. This will be my fourth -- I hope I'm up for it though since it was benched for a bit.

Last year each race was priced at $40, and the challenge race was $145.

On the registration page it says “medals shipped outside the U.S. will require an international shipping charge,” so that seems like they allow at least some places outside the US? I feel like they would specify “medals shipped to Canada” or something if it was just Canada.

Have a feeling we will have to wait and see. This was the same messaging on the web page for this year’s Star Wars virtual half, until I tried registering as a Canadian resident and couldn’t. After a call to runDisney, they updated their website to read US residents only. Very disappointing.

During a conversation with runDisney staff at Marathon Weekend expo this January, they explained they were having issues with shipping internationally and trying to figure things out.

Have done all of the virtual races including all Star Wars Half offerings since inception. Would hate to be shut out of the summer 2020 series too.

Registration opens on March 24th. My wife and I are planning on doing the series.
I'm definitely planning on Space Mountain. The others depend on whether or not I like the medals. Technically that means I might not sign up at all if I don't like any of the medals, but I don't think they can screw up a Space Mountain medal design too badly.

I might just sign up for these this year to help me get thru my summer training for the DLP half in September!

I might just sign up for these this year to help me get thru my summer training for the DLP half in September!
One of my biggest challenges in running is consistency when there is no race on the horizon. I registered for both the 2018 and 2019 virtual summer series as a way to keep me running before Dopey training formally began. That way I was already in my groove when the training plan came.

With so many races being cancelled at this point, I think I'm definitely in for the virtuals. I'm usually not a big virtual race person unless it's for charity, but I need something fun and Disney to look forward to while everything is so uncertain! I think I might sign up for the challenge and split the medals with my three kids. I'll have them train for a 5K and we will run it together in August. I hope they let me pick first lol!

With so many races being cancelled at this point, I think I'm definitely in for the virtuals. I'm usually not a big virtual race person unless it's for charity, but I need something fun and Disney to look forward to while everything is so uncertain! I think I might sign up for the challenge and split the medals with my three kids. I'll have them train for a 5K and we will run it together in August. I hope they let me pick first lol!

All depends. Winner always gets to pick first, think you'll beat them? ;)

It will be interesting to see if registration happens Tuesday as planned and if so how quickly it ‘sells out’
I was thinking the same thing about if the registration would open based on everything going on. I also don't understand how a virtual race can "sell out" but the Avengers races did last summer.

I was thinking the same thing about if the registration would open based on everything going on. I also don't understand how a virtual race can "sell out" but the Avengers races did last summer.

They only manufacture a certain number of medals. When they reach that number, the race is sold out.

That's what I thought when I read that part. I really hope not - I sure could use a Virtual Race with some Disney magic sprinkled in to think about right now with all of this.
True though at the same time I think many are focused on putting money towards necessities than extras which is the big reason why these dates are being moved. I know for myself when this all started this virtual became an instant no go for me. I’m also glad they are moving marathon weekend registration as I’m going to need that time.

To me that makes more sense for the live races. I feel like they should still open registration for the virtuals. It’s not harming anything and I mean, is there a risk of it being cancelled?
Obviously it doesn't explicitly say this will be moved but it very well could be. Someone mentioned elsewhere that they may be giving time for refunds to get out before moving forward with any registration.

Since the virtual races do not begin until June (and the medals aren’t mailed immediately) they have some time to push registration back a bit. Yes, virtual races are seeing a surge in popularity. However, many Americans in service industries have lost their jobs or lost hours. Not everyone is in a position to spend money on extras like race registration right now.

Obviously it doesn't explicitly say this will be moved but it very well could be. Someone mentioned elsewhere that they may be giving time for refunds to get out before moving forward with any registration.
I guess that’s a good point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!