2020: Time to see the West Coast (but still find time to go to Orlando too)! complete 10/22

That's scary! Thank God you and the baby were ok!

It was really scary. I'm grateful everything ended up being fine in the end minus the dehydration.

Soon! Once you start feeling that baby kicking, it's magical ❤ Oh, and then it gets really hard again in the last tri-mester, so hang in there!

The last couple weeks have definitely been much better than the beginning so I'm hopeful it will stay this way for at least a little while! I've just started to feel the flutterings of him moving around when I lay down at night so I can't wait for the actual kicks.

That looks beautiful.

It was! Sometimes it's so nice to be in the middle of nowhere away from the city.

I'll see you there!

🥰 🥰

I'm sorry you've had a rough start to your pregnancy! So scary ending up in the ER but I'm glad you're doing ok!

Thank you 🥰 . It was so rough for the first 14 weeks but things have finally gotten better the last couple weeks so I'm hoping it stays this way!

And I'm sorry none of your trips panned out! But maybe you will get to squeeze in that September trip, fingers crossed! But otherwise some exciting plans to look forward to in 2021 with baby along too!

I'm holding out hope for September too but who knows! Otherwise, I hope we all get some amazing trips in 2021!

Congrats again!

Thank you! 🥰

YAHOO! I am so sorry you are having a rough go of it... i cant tell you when the good part starts... but i can say not everyone likes pregnancy, so maybe you are just one of those?

I can say it has been better the last couple weeks but I still don't think I'm one of those people who likes being pregnant at all lol.

Hopefully you get some Sept time in and if not Feb will be amazing! No judgment here, i think travel when babies are on boob or formula and can be worn are the easiest... so you go girl!!

Thank you! That's my argument for it too. I think trips are only gonna get harder when he's on the go and does more than just stays where I put him lol. Plus, we want to take him to meet Mike's family either way so it's only logical to go to Disney when you're that close.

What? How did he get there????

🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ the miracle of life I suppose.

:scared1: Holy smokes! Glad you (both) are okay!!

Thank you! Me too- it was scary for sure.

Oh, sure! I can help you with that.
It starts right after they graduate college and move out.

You're welcome.

:rotfl::rotfl:Others have told me the same! Seems I have quite a long ways to go lol

Near Albany. I had to look. For a second I thought you were in the mid-west.

Yup! My parents have a cabin in the tiny town of Blenheim up there in the middle of nowhere and it's such a nice change of pace from the city.

Not by me. And not by anyone who should know to mind their own business. :snooty:

I wish all people thought how you did!

Sounds like great plans!!! And no criticism from me... We flew to Padre Island when my youngest was 4 months old, and then we walked across the border into Mexico to shop and eat lunch... Yes, this was 12 years ago when things were better than they are now, but we still did it...

That sounds like an amazing trip!

Again saying: so excited for you with the newest addition to your family!!

Thank you 🥰 🥰

Hanging around to see what ends up happening. I'm also in a weird "wait and see" pattern with all my travel (Costa Rica in October?? Maybe that's a pipe dream... but we canceled March so...).

I hope we're all able to take trips sooner rather than later! Costa Rica looks amazingly gorgeous so I really hope you get to go!

♥ Between work and pregnancy I really don't know how you find the time to be on here at all but so good to "see" you

🥰 🥰 🥰

Ugh. Hang in there. I was the same way with Casey. Only thing that saved me was the worst of "morning" sickness came at night so I could power through work most of the time. Glad to hear that part is over though.

Ugh what a miserable feeling! I'm grateful to be feeling more normal the last few weeks and I hope it stays this way.

Gorgeous! Where is this?

It's called Vroman's Nose! It was a short hike but a little rough for me because it was very steep and apparently baby Robert doesn't like climbing lol. My parents have a cabin upstate NY in the middle of nowhere and this is nearby!

Sounds like you all are making the right decisions, but sad we'll miss you for Halloween.

I'm sad we'll miss you too. :( We've been in Disney the last 3 Halloweens- it's hard to imagine being home this year!

Glad you are starting to feel better somewhat!
I had morning sickness really bad with Andi, I was miserable for at least 14 weeks. I was better for a little while except I developed the worst heartburn. I had really never had that before oh the joys! So worth when you see the sweet little babe!!

Oh no! It was about 14 weeks for me too and so so miserable. I got terrible heartburn after dinner last night so I'm hoping that doesn't stick around lol.

Is it safe to drink Club soda? Maybe the quinine in it would help the Charlie horses. Eat a banana before bed and a glass of club soda.

I think club soda is safe! I'll give it a try!

Although the "PTR" aspect may no longer be applicable, I wanted to make sure I stayed up-to-date with everything so I'm joining in!

Thanks for joining!

One potential reliever for your Charlie Horses - try eating a spoonful of regular yellow mustard. I believe you take it when you have symptoms, but perhaps it's preventative as well. I don't know if it's a hack or an old wives tale, but my mom has found some relief from them with that tip. Plus, it's safe during pregnancy!

Oo I've never heard this one! I hate mustard but I think I hate charlie horses more lol so I'm willing to try it!

I think Florida is a mess right now (along with so much of the rest of the country), so I think you made the right call on staying close to home. Even more so considering the potential higher risks for pregnant women and their babies. There will be plenty of time to travel in the future (even if your future trips look a little different!). Whether it's next February or later, I look forward to hearing about your first family trip!

Exactly my thoughts. Things are such a mess and changing so quickly that it seems so hard to really plan anything!

Just a quick "real life" update to share with y'all.

We've gotten some devastating news about Mike's mom this week. She's still undergoing more tests to try to figure out exactly how bad things are and we're hoping for some good news by the end of the week but the doctor doesn't think it looks good.

If you could keep her in your thoughts and prayers, I'd really appreciate it. 🥰

It's hard for us to be so far away with everything going on but honestly, even if we were there, Florida isn't allowing visitors in the hospital so it wouldn't really change anything to be there.

We are holding out hope even more now that we'll be able to proceed with our September plans. Even if the theme park portion needs to be cancelled/revised/whatever, we want to be able to make the trip to his family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts