2020 Watch??

I've been pricing several DCL cruises lately both 4nts and 7nts departing PC May 2020. When checking on the room cat (4D) I usually get about 6-8 staterooms displayed and all of them have been on the port side of ship. Does this mean most of the rooms are already booked or is DCL holding back staterooms? :confused3

I've been pricing several DCL cruises lately both 4nts and 7nts departing PC May 2020. When checking on the room cat (4D) I usually get about 6-8 staterooms displayed and all of them have been on the port side of ship. Does this mean most of the rooms are already booked or is DCL holding back staterooms? :confused3
The DCL site only shows 8 staterooms/category, and the site starts with the port side rooms...once those are filled it switches to the starboard side rooms in that category. If you want a starboard side room and it's not showing up, you'll need to call or ask a TA for one.

The DCL site only shows 8 staterooms/category, and the site starts with the port side rooms...once those are filled it switches to the starboard side rooms in that category. If you want a starboard side room and it's not showing up, you'll need to call or ask a TA for one.

Yes, what Geomom said! :cutie:

i just happened to ck out the DCL website to look at new itineraries & Hawaii was there...but i assume this is sold out bc i see no dates to look at. sigh..
approx when do they annouce the summer 2020 itineraries? bc my placeholder expires July 2020 & i don't want to miss out

i just happened to ck out the DCL website to look at new itineraries & Hawaii was there...but i assume this is sold out bc i see no dates to look at. sigh..
approx when do they annouce the summer 2020 itineraries? bc my placeholder expires July 2020 & i don't want to miss out
Summer itineraries should be announced sometime between late February to early April. (It'll probably be the week with President's Day because we'll be at Disney world then...that's what happened when we wanted to book for 2018, lol.) I'm waiting for Summer 2020 as well, have a placeholder expiring August 16, 2020.

The British Isles cruise is a great way to see all those ports, and we had a blast. It wasn't a Disney cruise, but still the same itinerary. If you go to Liverpool, book the Fab 4 tour -- outstanding.

We're hoping for a Norway/Iceland itinerary for 2020 -- and that we can even afford it ;)

Thinking of booking an August 2020 Alaska cruise while we are on Dream this Christmas. How much deposit will I have to pay please … and does this depend on if the cruise has been released for sale?

Thinking of booking an August 2020 Alaska cruise while we are on Dream this Christmas. How much deposit will I have to pay please … and does this depend on if the cruise has been released for sale?

The Summer 2020 cruises won't be released until Feb/March 2019, so you can't book an actual cruise. You CAN do a placeholder booking--the deposit for that is $250. When the Summer 2020 cruises are released you can convert your placeholder into an actual booking--you'll get 10% off the cost of the cruise plus $200 in on board credit. At that point your deposit should be 10% of the cost, minus your $250 deposit. (Placeholder and future cruise bookings of 7 nts or more have 10% deposit, cruises less than that have the standard 20% deposit.)

The Summer 2020 cruises won't be released until Feb/March 2019, so you can't book an actual cruise. You CAN do a placeholder booking--the deposit for that is $250. When the Summer 2020 cruises are released you can convert your placeholder into an actual booking--you'll get 10% off the cost of the cruise plus $200 in on board credit. At that point your deposit should be 10% of the cost, minus your $250 deposit. (Placeholder and future cruise bookings of 7 nts or more have 10% deposit, cruises less than that have the standard 20% deposit.)

Thankyou for the information :)

Alright, I'm back in for summer 2020 watch lol:rotfl2: We're cancelling the WBPC for March 2020 because of my husband's screwy vacation calendar (basically one week falls in the old calendar and the second week falls in the new one and if he can't get them to line up we are screwed because it's past the PIF by the time he finds out). Sorry, tangent! So we are doing Aulani for spring break 2020 and now I'm on the watch for either British Isles or Northern Europe for summer 2020. We just got off the Fantasy last week so I've got a placeholder burnin' a hole ;-)

Well for now, we booked Princess for the Norway/Iceland for 2020. I've got my request in to my TA for a Disney quote, but doubt very much it will come anywhere near what we got on Princess.

Well we put a placeholder down and will be looking to cruise in November of 2020. Possibly the Summer of 2020. We were sold on DCL.

The British Isles cruise is a great way to see all those ports, and we had a blast. It wasn't a Disney cruise, but still the same itinerary. If you go to Liverpool, book the Fab 4 tour -- outstanding.

We're hoping for a Norway/Iceland itinerary for 2020 -- and that we can even afford it ;)

Like some others it could be best to join the 2019 Iceland cruise meets, they are shadowing the 2019 planning and taking notes for the Iceland cruise they plan to book in 2020. We also have members from prior Iceland cruises.

For 2019 there are four group chartered tours including two boats in stravanger and group coach trips in Iceland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!