2020 Watch??

Joining in and waiting since we booked a placeholder last month. I'm hoping for something really interesting or we won't be booking. I'd love something like the Greek Isles, or something new and different. I've been looking at other cruise line itineraries and there are some amazing options out there, but we still really prefer to sail with DCL. Maybe 2020 WBPC if it stops in Costa Rica.

I guess I'm not really sure at all. I'm probably the only one on the DIS who isn't waiting for Hawaii - I live on the west coast and we see it as a "fly there and stay in a nice resort" kind of place.

Ooohhh Costa Rica on the WBPC would be amazing, I'd book it for sure, then!
I'm also in the "won't sail to Hawaii" camp as we also live on the West Coast and our home resort is Aulani so while we love Hawaii, I have no desire to cruise the islands. I want to explore them all!

Same - we're in Oregon. We've been to the four "main" islands and Lanai. We almost bought at Aulani but being on Oahu killed it for us... all the islands are treasures in their own right so we didn't want to commit a large portion of time to one of them. We were married on Maui. Sunsets and nighttime there is magical.. heck dawn is too with the little crabs that come out and how peaceful it is. Its so easy/cheap to rent a condo or house and drive to all the best beaches, restaurants and snorkeling spots. Cruising just doesn't hit enough of our favorite parts of a stay.

Same - we're in Oregon. We've been to the four "main" islands and Lanai. We almost bought at Aulani but being on Oahu killed it for us... all the islands are treasures in their own right so we didn't want to commit a large portion of time to one of them. We were married on Maui. Sunsets and nighttime there is magical.. heck dawn is too with the little crabs that come out and how peaceful it is. Its so easy/cheap to rent a condo or house and drive to all the best beaches, restaurants and snorkeling spots. Cruising just doesn't hit enough of our favorite parts of a stay.

It's nice to know I am not the only one. I really thought I was. And yes, the sunsets are magical (both in Wailea and Kona) and I love walking around resort gardens and the beach in the early morning before other people are up. There are far too many amazing hotels, beaches, restaurants, etc. for me to be happy taking a cruise there.

We visited Costa Rica over spring break this year, and I fell in love! Toughest thing about a cruise stop is that I couldn't stay . . .

I totally get that. And I really would love to see Costa Rica!

We really loved ALL the ports in the Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise and I would be happy to go back to any of them. It's a trade off between seeing more of the world quickly or seeing one area for a longer period of time. And one that I think about when we discuss our travel goals.

No DVC perks for early booking. It’s based on Castaway Club status (first day platinum, next day gold, next day silver, then open to the public). The announcement will come out a couple of days before booking opens. Keep checking the Dis and you’ll be sure to find out when that is. Based on previous years, October is the likely time.

A TA can book it for you, or you can book it yourself on the website or phone.

@SamiL As of the opening day Summer 2019 bookings, they've been letting DVC members book at the same time as Silver Castaway Club members (a day before it's open to the public). For the Fall 2019 bookings, they were also allowing ABD insiders, and Golden Oak members to book that day as well.

Thank you both for the responses!

Have to disagree with those rooting for Costa Rica to be a cruise stop. So much of what makes CR wonderful is how unspoiled and undeveloped it is. Too much cruise ship traffic would ruin that. It’s too beautiful a place to only spend a few hours in anyway, you need to give yourself at least a week to settle into la pura vida!

I'm a bit impatient to see whether they repeat this summer's Med with Naples. The itinerary is exactly what DH wants our son to see but we'd need a lot of advance time to think about those prices.
Compare land vs sea trip. My fam of 5 spent a month traveling throughout Italy last summer and spent about $10K, not incl airfare for which I used points. But I love planning trips so took great joy in planning ours.

Waiting patiently for May of 2020 dates and places to be announced. also hoping for a new destination....we have done the Mexican Rivera. West and East Caribbean and Bahamas. Secretly hoping for Greece or Hawaii. I'm also hoping to book a repo cruise if possible Can't wait to book and let the countdown begin.

Compare land vs sea trip. My fam of 5 spent a month traveling throughout Italy last summer and spent about $10K, not incl airfare for which I used points. But I love planning trips so took great joy in planning ours.

I love the planning. And DH and I did several European land trips before DS was born. But he’s too young for them. I mean, we could do it but it would be a ton of work and not enough relaxation.

Hoping to combine a Hawaii cruise with Aulani!!

It doesn't seem like Disney is in any hurry to go back to Hawaii, bummer!

Count me in as wanting another Hawaiian sailing!!! Sadly I don't think any of the Hawaiian sailings sold as briskly as DCL would have liked, the inaugural Spring 14 night in 2012 possibly notwithstanding. I was on the Fall 2012 sailing and they had offered some pretty good deals for that sailing. Same for the 2015's..... :sad2:

I had a similar experience, and I now do the same - get that confirmation number.
We booked a placeholder on the EBTA this year, we didn't receive anything, no confirmation number, nothing. The only proof we have is the amount that was added onto our onboard account. We have never booked one before, should we have been given anything?

We booked a placeholder on the EBTA this year, we didn't receive anything, no confirmation number, nothing. The only proof we have is the amount that was added onto our onboard account. We have never booked one before, should we have been given anything?
If you have the charge on your account it should be fine, although it would be best to have the confirmation number. If it was assigned to a travel agent, they should receive the information and should send it to you. If not, you should call DCL directly.

I have never known them to allow you to charge an onboard booking to your onboard account. You needed to have used a credit card or gift card. I would call and check about it.

We got a booking notice email a day or two afterwards, with instructions/limitations/etc. I would definitely call and inquire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!