2021: May vs August vs December

Everything below is subject of course to the whims of pandemic disease...

Any time from mid-November (except Thanksgiving week) until the last week before Christmas. Temperature and humidity are better and after Thanksgiving you get all the Disney Christmas magic throughout the resorts and the parks. Avoid the period from the last week before Christmas until January 1 because the crowds will be insane (although that can be interesting in its own way if you like people-watching and aren’t too fussed about specific rides).

We have flights and a villa booked from Thanksgiving until mid-December 2021 and we can’t wait (coronavirus depending, of course, and the US reopening the borders to Europeans).

The heat was ridiculous when we came over in April 2018 and I’m sure May would be worse. I can’t imagine August - just the thought makes my frozen northern European genes shudder... 😊

The first two weeks in May - weather is likely going to be great. Might get a couple really hot days. LATE August - super hot and humid, pop-up storms likely - but crowds can be a bit better than early August due to back to school. December - has been crowded the past few years, IMO. Weather can be awesome or can be cold - really variable. Could be 45, could be 95. If you need cooler weather overall - this is the time to pick, but crowds aren't light.

We find that traveling in May or June has very doable weather. It’s hot but not scorching like it is in August. However, we have also gone in August, and while it is definitely the hottest time of the year, if you’re out and about and going in and out of the AC, you should be fine!

Both CR/BLT or BC/BCV are great in May or December, particularly because if there are some “cooler” days, there’s so much to do inside and outside! We love CR/BLT, but have found that in the dead of summer, the amount of cement makes it pretty hot! However, we have stayed at CR in June and it was lovely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter