2021 Tickets and APs?

kboo

DIS Veteran
if we have booked a DVC stay on our own points for 2021, but don't have tickets, can get tickets or APs yet?

Is the word out that other than Florida residents annual passes may be gone. We had to cancell a fall trip and when talking with guest services it seems as if nothing was happening at this time or future. Suggested just buy the 10 day passes.

Is the word out that other than Florida residents annual passes may be gone. We had to cancell a fall trip and when talking with guest services it seems as if nothing was happening at this time or future. Suggested just buy the 10 day passes.

If anything I would think Florida passes would be gone then as well. Florida pass is cheaper, creates more bodies in the park, and will have a lower per day spending.

Disney is talking about how per person spending is actually up right now and its likely due to a majority of stay being onsite vacationers.

As far as DVC vs FL vs other AP that would be math Disney has. They could instead for FL residents offer ticket packs where its a 20 day pass that has to be used within 365 days. Possibly though they see that most AP holders actually come only a couple times so they make more money than selling day tickets?

You can buy day tickets/multiday tickets, but no APs.
To clarify, you can buy tickets for as far out as the DVC calendar currently goes, but they are not selling currently past 9/26, and it’s not clear whether will be before the 11 month window opens up for 9/27

The park hopper option is back for 2021 tickets, and you can purchase up to 10 days, but you can only make park reservations for one park.

So i can get a park hopper but only one park, that issue needs some work. Maybe a change coming in 2021 early

Considering a Platinum is over $1100 for non-Florida, non-DVC, I can’t imagine them
passing that up. They will just keep increasing the price. I have a DVC Gold, I honestly don’t know what I would do if I wasn’t a member. I usually get 3 trips out of it. $1100+ is outrageous.

So i can get a park hopper but only one park, that issue needs some work. Maybe a change coming in 2021 early

I think it will be adjusted when they know they can offer it but by selling the option I think the plan is to allow it by 2021.

We got lucky....

Bought two NEW Gold APs, just before the lockdown. Good to 2030, as they are unactivated.

Received pathetic partial refund on existing APs. About $169 on a $1200 purchase.

Future? For us, NO RENEWALS. NEW, unactivated passes, every year.

Received pathetic partial refund on existing APs. About $169 on a $1200 purchase.
Would you mind posting the original expiration date of your refunded passes - the one before any extensions? Thanks! (I am expecting a refund as well and really have no idea how they are calculation it. We also paid about $1200 for the two).

If annual passes were to be eliminated, that would actually cause me to sell all my DVC points and not bother with WDW anymore. We go only 1-2 times a year, but for 3-4 weeks at a time. I'm certainly not going to pay the daily rates for that amount of time, not worth it when I might only be in the park for a couple of hours a day.

I would be surprised if they eliminated AP long term. It's just too much cash to risk...hoping that enough AP holders then buy regular tickets and come as frequently.

I think short term Disney will hold off on selling new AP until sometime in 2021. Once they can increase capacity I think they will restart AP sales, but at higher prices. Unfortunately I could see the price spread narrowing between DVC and regular annual passes. I think the only way they don't increase prices is if attendance really under-performs and they are hurting to get bodies into the parks.

I also think AP sales will resume in the future. It has to be a lot easier to to predict park demand for MYW ticket purchases than for AP purchases. Past data probably isn't a very good predictor.

I don't think sales of new APs will resume until sometime next year.

Would you mind posting the original expiration date of your refunded passes - the one before any extensions? Thanks! (I am expecting a refund as well and really have no idea how they are calculation it. We also paid about $1200 for the two).
Original EXP for our old Gold Passes was 5-27-2020. We generally get two trips out of 'em - but this time? Just NOV 2019.... as APR 2020 got cancelled :(.

We are still cheering that we were able to buy two NEW, unactivated GP's ONE DAY before the lockdown went in. Sometimes, minor paranoia can be a GOOD thing :).

If you currently have an active AP can you renew them? Ours run out in a few months and we have a few trip scheduled.
The Disney website only says:

If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. Options to manage your annual pass continue to be available.

When I talked with DVC MS, the CM I spoke to told me that I would be able to renew. It’s one of the reasons I kept them (besides the fact that I’d have to pay more than my refund for any tickets).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter