-

I honestly hear what your saying. We have asthma issue's on this end also and dr's just don't seem to understand in some cases that we as parents are able to see things that they don't always catch. All you can do is be his advocate and keep pushing. Do you have another pharmacy that you can use that keeps that script on hand? We had to switch.....always used Wal-Mart since they have such low costs on most of them. But had to switch due much to a similar issue where the script was never in stock. May be something worth looking into....for if nothing else your peace of mind. I hope today is a much better day for both you and your son. :hug: And I for one am always ready to listen. :)

You will deffinately be in my thoughts and prayers. And if you ever need to just talk....please feel free to PM me. :hug:

I HOPE YOUR DS IS FEELING BETTER!

As a mother of 2 DS asthmatics, believe me, I know your pain!

I sincerely hope he is better!

Do you have a nebulizer in your home? Use with albuterol?

My older son, 21 just switched from Advair to Symbicort..Symbicort seems to work so much better.

My other son also switched from Advair to Pulmicort..Started Pulmicort at 12 and his asthma also seems better controlled!

Hope that a new pulminologist can help!

Best of Luck!:hug: :hug: :hug:

I just wanted to say that I hope all is better, and you can get him back on track.

My son has asthma as well, but he can go weeks and even months with no problem, then have days where he's needing the nebulizer every 3 hours.

He tried Advair once, when he'd been having a rough time. At least I'm pretty sure that is what it was. He got a mouth full of sores, really bad, even after following the directions. It was awful - the nebulizer was best.

It's hard having a child with such a serious disease, so I just wanted to offer you some support. :hug:

We've only had a few bad times with my son, but travelling has been stressful on him. Our Disney cruise had him in the clinic for treatments, and on steroids, and antibiotics (I let the wheezing get too bad with just the inhalers and after a couple of days, his lungs got infected and he had a high fever). I felt so bad for him, laying in the cabin watching Disney movies, but he didn't complain once. He even got into the sunshine for a couple of hours at Castaway Cay and walked around, before I took him back to the ship to rest and get another treatment.

I learned my lesson - just bought a portable nebulizer and we won't go anywhere without it now.

Here's hoping for a happy and healthy new year!

Update.

Today both of my children were tested for Cystic Fibrosis and had lung x-rays. According to the new Dr, who is a Pulmonologist in practice with a Dr from CHOP, it is now recommended that children with a chronic cough be tested for CF.
I'm not overly worried because he presented the test to me in this way, as an extra precaution. But still, the prognosis would be so much more dangerous. I guess I am a bit scared, even if I won't tell my kids or DH. Please say a prayer that this test is just because he is being cautious.

My son was first dx'd with asthma 14 years ago and they tested him for CF also. Simple sweat test that is scary none the less.

I hope you find comfort and expertise with these new docs! I remember all too well the many nights of sitting over my son as he slept and watching his every breath.

I will keep your children in my positive thoughts.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter