2024 Moonlight Magic

I am confused. Do you guys actually have more than one membership? Or do you just have both direct and resale contracts? Because it doesn’t matter which contract you book with if it is under the same membership. Most people only have one membership.
I have 2 memberships. I own a March UY and an April UY. 3 direct Rivieras under one, resale Aulani and AKV under the other. I promise we’re not crazy lol.

Anyways like I was saying it should let you put in the resale membership tomorrow.

I have 2 memberships. I own a March UY and an April UY. 3 direct Rivieras under one, resale Aulani and AKV under the other.
Ok, yeah. That’s two memberships. You do have advantages— a lot more waitlist opportunities! But I don’t know about the MM and whether that works on the membership with resale only. My understanding is no, but it sounds like that could be incorrect.

But I think some people might be confusing memberships v contracts.

I think this is what has more recently changed about eligibility:

DVC-Y members booking on their own direct or resale contract qualify.

DVC-Y members booking on a cash reservation booked THRU member services qualify.

DVC-Y members booking on points rented/given by another member and regular onsite cash reservation do not qualify.

That last group used to be eligible.

Ok, yeah. That’s two memberships. You do have advantages— a lot more waitlist opportunities! But I don’t know about the MM and whether that works on the membership with resale only. My understanding is no, but it sounds like that could be incorrect.
Thats what I was afraid of when I posed this question last year but people keep saying it doesn’t matter if you book Moonlight Magic with points from a membership that’s resale only, if you have another membership that’s eligible for benefits you still qualify. Like I said though I haven’t tried it but I plan to. Unfortunately I’m out of resale points for the year to try it so I’m interested to see how it goes for @MamaKate. Her getting the email though is a good sign.

Last edited:

I am confused. Do you guys actually have more than one membership? Or do you just have both direct and resale contracts? Because it doesn’t matter which contract you book with if it is under the same membership. Most people only have one membership.

I have 3 different Membership numbers because I have 3 different Use Years.

We have 2 memberships (use-years). Both have direct and resale points - mostly resale in both. However, I was told by member services that the MM stay has to be booked with points from a direct contract for it to qualify for MM, and that criterion is even more extreme than what you suggest. That seems to contradict what others say which is that, as long as you have one use year with DVC-Y, you can book it with any membership/contract you want and it's fine.

Can someone please post the link for the registration tomorrow (5/2/2024)? I called member services and they confirmed I was eligible and said the emails haven't been sent yet, which seems to contradict with the fact that many of you have received the email.

Can someone please post the link for the registration tomorrow (5/2/2024)? I called member services and they confirmed I was eligible and said the emails haven't been sent yet, which seems to contradict with the fact that many of you have received the email.

Also check your Spam folder. Somehow, that's where mine ended up.

Good luck @MamaKate we have a mix of both (and the majority of our WDW points are resale) and I am worried Disney is going to change MM eligibility to contract by contract but the fact that you got the pre-registration email suggests they haven’t made that change yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter