2025 - Free Water Park Day for Resort Guests on Check-in Day!

It’s probably not much of a benefit or incentive for people booking during the winter/cooler months. Pools are often empty when the temps dip. I can’t imagine anyone opting to go to a water park If they think it’s too cold to swim. In the resort pool.
Not to mention that they close the water parks if it's too cold. Will be interesting to see if they offer guests a recovery of some sort if the waterparks are closed on their check-in day.

Not to mention that they close the water parks if it's too cold. Will be interesting to see if they offer guests a recovery of some sort if the waterparks are closed on their check-in day.
Maybe they’d allow you to go any day during your stay if it’s closed on arrival day. I can’t imagine many people working that into their plans if the weather is on the cooler side during their stay.

It could also be due to low attendance at the water parks. If they give people a free pass they are more likely to spend on food, drinks and merchandise. Win win for Disney.
This only applies to the cooler months once the weather gets warmer the waterparks are super crowded. I'm sure this "perk" will make it worse.

If you really wanted to make it a perk offered it up for any day during your stay.

Maybe this will give them enough of a reason to finally run both water parks at the same time again. Having said that, with room rate and ticket price increases for 2025 just announced, "free" is a relative term. Included in the price is how I would look it. You are paying for it one way or another even if you do not have to pay additional specifically for the water park.

Maybe this will give them enough of a reason to finally run both water parks at the same time again. Having said that, with room rate and ticket price increases for 2025 just announced, "free" is a relative term. Included in the price is how I would look it. You are paying for it one way or another even if you do not have to pay additional specifically for the water park.

You always pay for anything "free" one way or another. In all aspects of life. ;)

They say VB is really an upgrade from aTL. But I do love TL!!
It is but the lines for the slides are significantly higher than the Disney water parks. I've seen the water coaster Krakatau get up to 4 hours on the Tapu Tapu VQ system.

Typhoon honestly feels dead in comparison crowd wise. The last time I went to a Disney water park was last May and the longest wait was 30 minutes.

This only applies to the cooler months once the weather gets warmer the waterparks are super crowded. I'm sure this "perk" will make it worse.

If you really wanted to make it a perk offered it up for any day during your stay.

Since it’s only for arrival day I don’t think it’s going to effect crowds much at the water parks. If it was for any day of your trip it would be a different story.

Someone also made a point on another thread that the water parks clear out mid afternoon much like AK does. This may be their way of driving up the attendance there mid to later in the day.

Water parks are not open late, they close at 5 through most of the winter and stay open until at most 8 during the rest of the year. With no direct busing, it’s also time consuming to get there. So, you’d have to arrive at your hotel relatively early in the day to make use of this perk.

I’d say it’s fairly useless to a good portion of visitors - between colder winter weather and afternoon arrivals.

My guess, WDW has an eye to the opening of Epic Universe and this was a cheap perk they could throw out that there looks good (free park entry!) that isnt particularly useful to a large number of visitors.

Water parks are not open late, they close at 5 through most of the winter and stay open until at most 8 during the rest of the year. With no direct busing, it’s also time consuming to get there. So, you’d have to arrive at your hotel relatively early in the day to make use of this perk.

I’d say it’s fairly useless to a good portion of visitors - between colder winter weather and afternoon arrivals.

My guess, WDW has an eye to the opening of Epic Universe and this was a cheap perk they could throw out that there looks good (free park entry!) that isnt particularly useful to a large number of visitors.
Definitely.

With CBR and All-Stars having direct buses to BB and being so close to BB,they will be the Resorts to benefit most(when BB is open).

VERY easy to pop back and forth from those Resorts to BB.

Since it’s only for arrival day I don’t think it’s going to effect crowds much at the water parks. If it was for any day of your trip it would be a different story.

Someone also made a point on another thread that the water parks clear out mid afternoon much like AK does. This may be their way of driving up the attendance there mid to later in the day.

People lose there minds when things are "free". Guarenteed the people who never wanted to go to the
water park with have a sudden change of heart.

I'm going to guess this wouldn't work - if you asked to not have to move rooms between the two reservations, you wouldn't have a new 'check in' day. As stated, it will work with true split stays.

I also think this might change some people's arrival day strategy, in that ppl arriving on a late flight or from long road trip may opt to stay at a cheap airport or other hotel nearby, and then arrive to their disney hotel bright and early on check in day for their free waterpark day. A lot of people already hate 'wasting' arrival day.
This is still considered a split stay regardless of whether you stay in the same room or not - two reservations, two reservation numbers, two stays. The hotel still has to check you out and check you back in. It has already been confirmed that split stays will receive the water park perk on both check-in days.

It has already been confirmed that split stays will receive the water park perk on both check-in days.
Can you please post a valid link to this information? It has been discussed but I have not seen any written documentation from Disney to confirm this.

Can you please post a valid link to this information? It has been discussed but I have not seen any written documentation from Disney to confirm this.
If you go to the WDW website, it clearly states, "Disney Resort hotel Guests arriving in 2025 can enjoy water park admission on check-in day—included with your stay!" https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort-hotels-benefits/#drawer-card-water-park-day-2025
There is nothing in the terms and conditions which would disqualify a split stay. Disney doesn't recognize split stays (that is a term we created on the consumer side) - they see them as completely separate reservations with separate check-in days. My TA, who works for a gold Earmarked agency, reconfirmed this with her BDM this morning.

If you go to the WDW website, it clearly states, "Disney Resort hotel Guests arriving in 2025 can enjoy water park admission on check-in day—included with your stay!" https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resort-hotels-benefits/#drawer-card-water-park-day-2025
There is nothing in the terms and conditions which would disqualify a split stay. Disney doesn't recognize split stays (that is a term we created on the consumer side) - they see them as completely separate reservations with separate check-in days. My TA, who works for a gold Earmarked agency, reconfirmed this with her BDM this morning.
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter