• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2025 Hotel Bookings Through 10/31/2025 Open 2/27/2024

Good catch. I just booked Poly the other day and the new rates are $25 higher/night than my rate.

Disney’s trend of quiet mid-year rack rate increases continues, unfortunately.
Yes, yes it does. So the discount you get will really be a bit less. Most folks have no idea they do this. They used to didn't. And they may do it again during 2024.

I also noticed rack rates for 2024 went up today, too.

That's a bit naughty. Time was that once they released the rack rates for particular dates, that was the final price (unless they offered discounts). I've not noticed them sneaking in mid-term increases! That messes up my Port Orleans spreadsheet. :(

Andre

That's a bit naughty. Time was that once they released the rack rates for particular dates, that was the final price (unless they offered discounts). I've not noticed them sneaking in mid-term increases! That messes up my Port Orleans spreadsheet. :(

Andre
I know! I wasn’t checking to see if rates increased, it was more to judge availability! Then I noticed the rates at the 2 resorts I’m staying at had gone up, and double checked to make sure it was the same room type and view. It was! I also remember those days when once the rates were out, that was it until the next year. Now I can’t say if all resorts went up because I wasn’t paying attention to any but the Poly & WL. But it would not surprise me. I do think they may release more discounts for the fall, this way they don’t “lose” as much money. Kind of naughty, as you say!

Andre

They’ve done it for several years. At least 2016 or 17 I think. They were definitely doing it prepandemic.

I also remember those days when once the rates were out, that was it until the next year. Now I can’t say if all resorts went up because I wasn’t paying attention to any but the Poly & WL.

My specific interest is in Port Orleans resorts, and having just checked the current rates on the booking website vs. the data I scraped from the same site two months ago (https://www.portorleans.org/PortOrleans-RackRates-2024.xls) then for any given 2024 night, the prices have gone up by between $3 and $10 (pre tax). For example an Xmas 2024 night in a Royal River View Room has gone up from $520 to $530 (plus tax).

By the way (and slightly off-topic) does anyone know why there's a huge spike in nightly rates for 4, 5 & 6 October this year, which ought to be a fairly low priced season? Much higher nightly rates than any other dates in 2024 except for Xmas (higher than any of the holiday or marathon weekends for example):

1709216237167.png

Andre

Last edited:

Don’t they have to wait until a certain time out since those are DVC?

I'm new to this since the cabins at FW are now going DVC. So, they won't be available for cash bookings until 11 months out now? So for Halloween 2025, I need to book November 2024?

I'm new to this since the cabins at FW are now going DVC. So, they won't be available for cash bookings until 11 months out now? So for Halloween 2025, I need to book November 2024?
Beginning of February 2025 showed up this week, so I would say yes. I just checked daily until they popped up.

Side note, does anyone know what's going on in early February next year? It booked up so fast!

Beginning of February 2025 showed up this week, so I would say yes. I just checked daily until they popped up.

Side note, does anyone know what's going on in early February next year? It booked up so fast!

Cheerleading competition is Feb 7-10

eta: I'm actually struggling to decide if being there Feb 2-9 is better or Feb 9-16, due to this.

Last edited:
Cheerleading competition is Feb 7-10

eta: I'm actually struggling to decide if being there Feb 2-9 is better or Feb 9-16, due to this.
Ours is a pre cruise stay. I’m getting worried about getting a booking, guess I should have just stuck down a deposit just to be safe 🙃

Ours is a pre cruise stay. I’m getting worried about getting a booking, guess I should have just stuck down a deposit just to be safe 🙃
If you know your dates and can swing it, it’s always better to book imo. Even if it’s just a placeholder reservation. I already booked our Poly trip next May.

The theory on the 8 day window is that on site reservations will more than likely have a 7 day window for lightning lane selections, and it'll help lock people into their resorts and not cancel the reservations once they get the lightning lanes.
That's a good theory! And I like it, if that really is part of the reasoning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter