21st Birthday Bash - Back to the Magic - Day 1

jennytablina

They Call Him Flash, Flash, Flash, Flashbeagle~
Excuse the delay folks! Been a busy couple of weeks with work and DF has come down with Swine Flu so its been a bit of a crazy week here. Got plenty time now we're mostly stuck at home

After a couple of months of excitement and prep on Sunday June 21st we were finally ready to embark on our trip - getting up bright and early for the drive down to Ashford. Alas I havent any pictures of the first day, I'm sure you all understand! (there are pics coming but we didn't get the camera out on first day)
I made up a CD the night before to listen to in the car full of disney tracks which I thought suited the journey and listened to that the whole way - we also picked up DUncle on the way.

I have to say I love how simple the Eurostar process is - I'm used to the airports and going all over the place for check in and all that so its a nice change to just walk through and do the baggage and passport check within minutes to get a sitdown. We also did Disney Express again. The train was another story though! it was very full that morning and there seemed to be a bit of an issue with seating as we had been split up for some reason, some guy had it even worse - he was sat quite a few rows away from his wife and kids! Very strange. We were also sat backwards which seemed to make us all a tad green around the gills. Thankfully we were in the upgrade seats on the way back! We were all quite glad to be off the train and got Disney Express sorted and finished off some reservations. Once we did that we decided it was off to Studios!

We made a direct beeline for Animagique as we all remembered enjoying that a lot the last time we went. I'm sure they have added to the show since 2005 as it was even more amazing this time around. We also did Cinemagique which is fun though a little plain. Studios looks a LOT better since they added the Tower of Terror area - makes it look a little less plain. The crowds were pretty good the first day too - it gradually ramped up during our trip but Studios wasnt too busy and Donald was messing about on a Studio Kart with his minder which was fun to see - also interesting to see HSM Mickey and Minnie.

After that we made our way to Sequoia Lodge to get our room. I have to say we all fell in love with Sequoia almost at first sight! We love serene nature areas and Sequoia just fit the bill. I can see why it wouldnt suit kids so much though. We stayed in Yellowstone Lodge and we had adjoining rooms with DUncle. We were surprised to find we had doors between us that we could open. Which was nice as we only had to knock to inform each other of plans. I also informed parents to rent a kettle

DM's bad back was bothering her so she and DF took a break while me and DUncle went for a stroll as he wanted to see Santa Fe and we were looking for a way to get sugar and milks as we forgot to bring those. I have to say I can see why people love the Cheyenne - we walked through it and the western theming was impeccable - no wonder kids love it. We moved on and had a quick peek in Hotel New York which looks AMAZING on the inside. Got a coffee there and pinched a few sugar packs and made our way back

We had a reservation for Steakhouse at 7:30pm so returned to rooms and had a few mins to get ready - DM was still feeling a bit off but decided she wanted to come along regardless. We had the half board menu and me and DF had the Cappachino Carrot Soup and DUncle and DM had the Ocean City Casserole - the Carrot soup was really nice and I loved the muffin - DM and DUncle seemed to think the Casserole nice but a bit strong for a starter. Sadly DM had to bow out the meal because the meds she took for her back made her very sleepy so she went back to the room - the server was kind enough to not take her half board voucher nor charge us for her meal. I had the rump steak for main (So Good!) and DUncle and DF had the Chicken Curry which by all accounts was very nice. Me and DF finished off with the delish Baileys Creme Brulee and DUncle had the scoops of Cherry Garcia.

We then spent an hour looking through the shops in the Village giving DM some time to rest so we wouldnt wake her up. After all that we went back to the room and checked on DM before going to bed and decided next day we would get her a wheelchair to take some pressure off her back.

NEXT DAY - Birthday Day - Shareholder shenanigans, Characters abound and we explore the Magic Kingdom and Val D' Europe

Great start, I look forward to the rest:thumbsup2

Great start!:goodvibes Looking forward to hearing the rest. I think we'll have a wander round the other hotels this time. Only ever looked in New York and stayed in Newport. I think the theming in Cheyenne looks great too!:thumbsup2 I'd love to see inside Sequina too!
Hope DM feels better soon :hug:

Fantastic start to your trip report, looking forward to reading more and seeing some pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter