25 point add on ?

the_grinch

Mouseketeer
if or more likely when Disney raises the minimum direct point to get all the perks will they give notice.will they say by this date the minimum will be 50 for all the perks or will they just say if you had 25 direct point by this date you get all the perks but after that date it will be 50 direct point to get all the perks/

Maybe yes, maybe no. They have done it both ways in the past.

:earsboy: Bill

Given what Disney has done in the past I expect them to grandfather all current eligible members.

IF they don’t then I see no reason why pre April 2016 owners who did not buy direct should be grandfathered at all.

I therefore expect that as of xxxx date Disney will raise the minimum buying to 50 points and grandfather those who are eligible. Heck Disney might raise the minimum buyin to match the same minimum requirements as for new owners going direct. I believe that’s a 100 points at the moment.

if or more likely when Disney raises the minimum direct point to get all the perks will they give notice.will they say by this date the minimum will be 50 for all the perks or will they just say if you had 25 direct point by this date you get all the perks but after that date it will be 50 direct point to get all the perks/

If your question is whether DVD will give advance notice so that you can hurry up and buy 25 points before the requirement for 50 goes into effect, I agree that they may go either way. But given that they didn't give any notice prior to implementing the 4/4/16 distinctions, I tend to think they won't give advance notice re increasing the minimum purchase either. Note that minimum purchase of CCV for existing members is 50 points, and so far as I remember that wasn't announced in advance of the overall points pricing announcement.

If your question is whether DVD will give advance notice so that you can hurry up and buy 25 points before the requirement for 50 goes into effect, I agree that they may go either way. But given that they didn't give any notice prior to implementing the 4/4/16 distinctions, I tend to think they won't give advance notice re increasing the minimum purchase either. Note that minimum purchase of CCV for existing members is 50 points, and so far as I remember that wasn't announced in advance of the overall points pricing announcement.

Wow I wasn't aware that the minimum CCV contract is 50 points. So if you want to buy a 25 point direct contract from Disney, what are your options?

Wow I wasn't aware that the minimum CCV contract is 50 points. So if you want to buy a 25 point direct contract from Disney, what are your options?

So far as I know, CCV is the only resort with the 50-pt minimum. So for now a member should be able to buy 25 points at any other resort, assuming DVD has them available in the desired resort & UY.

I wouldn't wait trying to get in at the last minute. If it makes sense to do so, I'd go ahead and buy retail once I had the resale option squared away and my account active.

I wouldn't wait trying to get in at the last minute. If it makes sense to do so, I'd go ahead and buy retail once I had the resale option squared away and my account active.
This is our plan. Why press your luck if you have the ability to make the additional purchase? We just sent in our closing docs for VGC and will ask about 25 point add on as soon as we have our number.
Mike

This is our plan. Why press your luck if you have the ability to make the additional purchase? We just sent in our closing docs for VGC and will ask about 25 point add on as soon as we have our number.
Mike
One of the issues with buying things that are difficult to get including resale, retail and in the future; is the decision making needs to be a little different and compromises are more in order. For VGF & VGC esp it's often best to buy a little more even than you would for different resorts. It's also often best to buy what you need there resale and be prepared to buy the retail purchase at a different resort OR to be delayed for months in doing so.

Great advice Dean! We are prepared to wait for the add on if needed. We purchased a contract that works well with our current vacation needs, but the extra 25-50 direct points would simply be a bonus that allows longer stays or room upgrades.

Thanks
Mike

If I purchased a 25 point contract direct from Disney, besides the cost per point, what other costs are involved (like closing)?

I closed in early September and it was $111 added on top of a 25 point, $185 per point, add on.

Given what Disney has done in the past I expect them to grandfather all current eligible members.

IF they don’t then I see no reason why pre April 2016 owners who did not buy direct should be grandfathered at all.

I therefore expect that as of xxxx date Disney will raise the minimum buying to 50 points and grandfather those who are eligible. Heck Disney might raise the minimum buyin to match the same minimum requirements as for new owners going direct. I believe that’s a 100 points at the moment.

There are a few resorts (OKW, SSR) listed with a 50 point minimum. However, there are reports that Disney will sell you under 100 at the other resorts if you ask nicely. The guide I spoke with a while back said he would sell us 50 at the Polynesian (even as non-members), as we didn't want 100 points. But, yeah, I could see something like that happening.

Instead of making a new 25 point add-on thread I thought I'd ask here.

If I'm able to get a 25 point add-on at AKV with a UY of June (same as my re-sale) after my closing is done, will they send me a blue card with the same member # etc? Just curious how that works... hopefully I don't have to be wait listed for too long!

Instead of making a new 25 point add-on thread I thought I'd ask here.

If I'm able to get a 25 point add-on at AKV with a UY of June (same as my re-sale) after my closing is done, will they send me a blue card with the same member # etc? Just curious how that works... hopefully I don't have to be wait listed for too long!

Yes if you buy direct you will get the blue card. You do however need to order it online after buying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter