2nd driver with Alamo

Coreyjohnson2007

Mouseketeer
Kind of a weird question. So I'm picking up a rental from PHX, and driving to Disneyland. I will pick up my father along the drive. We will then do Disney, then I will fly home from San Diego and my father will return the vehicle to PHX. Since he'll return the vehicle without me, he will be my 2nd driver which is free through Costco. My question, if I do the pre check in and input BOTH our id's online ahead of time to skip the line, will I be ok or will he need to be present at the check out gate/booth to physically present ID?

He will have to be there based on my experience. I got a rental at SNA and wanted to add my sister as the 2nd driver who was arriving and leaving later than me so I wanted to pick up the car and have her return it. They didn’t let me add her without her being there. I had her return it but they never asked for any ID on the return.

I also have never been asked to show any kind of ID when returning a rental car from various car companies. If you input all of the info online ahead of time, my GUESS is that only you as the driver will need to show an ID when leaving the rental property. If they ask about the 2nd driver, you can just say something like their flight was delayed or picking them up later. I doubt it would be an issue.

Adding a 2nd driver at the time of pick-up is a different issue.

I will pick up my father along the drive.

This is the issue, because you’ll be having him drive to return it. While it’ll all be fine if nothing goes wrong, I’d there’s an accident or he’s pulled over, then it'll be a problem.

Do the online thing, and explain when you pick up the car. They will tell you what to do. If it’s anything like what we were told...you’ll want take the time to stop at an Alamo location to show his ID once you’ve picked him up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter