3 Day Dining Review With Birthday Celebrations

shoes99

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a 3 night stay at Pop to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday. We really lucked out on the Birthday celebrations. Each restaurant went all out with a birthday cupcake, candle and songs. The Pop gave him a card signed by Mickey, Minnie, Stitch & Lilo with 3 balloons. We had 3 adults and 3 nights of credits.
Monday 8/14: Dinner at Raglan Road at 7:45PM, great choice. Band started playing at 8:00. They recognized our birthday celebration and the beautiful step dancer came to our table twice to talk to my red haired irish nephew Devin. We only used 2 dining credits and split between three adults. Food was plentiful and good. My sister and nephew had not been to WDW in 11 years and so they came with no clue. It was fun
Tuesday 8/15: Used 1 CS at foodcourt for egg platter and 1 Snack for a Chocolate crossaint. We had one refillable mug. Sis paid OOP for tea.
Tuesday dinner was a Crystal Palace at 6:30PM. We used 3 TS. The table was near the window, and it was decorated for his birthday.
Wednesday 8/16: Used 2 SC at foodcourt and 1 CS. Dinner was at Japan Tappanyaki. We used 2 TS and Aunt Michele (me) ordered the childrens shrimp. They celebrated his birthday with a song and a cupcake and gave him a chefs hat. Devin was thrilled. Food was good. I treated my sister to several beers. They did not take the DDE card.
You'll start to notice the trend that we did not eat lunch. We used snack credits for smoothies or bottled water.
Thursday 8/17: We used 2 CS at the food court. We had two TS credits left to use at Prime Time 50. CM was wonderful. I tried to let her know that we were sharing and she smiled at me and said. I know the plan.
We shared the chicken and the pot roast. Sis and Nephew had the appitizers and the dessert. Aunt Michele has a delicate stomach and doesn't eat much. Food was good. I did have a chocolate malt to sooth my stomach. Dear Nephew got a birthday cupcake with a candle. Unfortunately we sat next to a grumpy family and they would not sing, the father gave the server a dirty look and said , "we want some food here". It didn't spoil our birthday celebration, we just kept singing and having fun.
At the end of the day yesterday we had 2 CS left, so we went to DTD and stopped at Earl of Sandwich for 2 turkey sandwiches. They would not let us use CS for a bottled drink, only a fountain drink. We took the sandwiches and the cookies on the plane.
It was a short trip, but since sis and nephew did not remember their trip from 11 years ago, I tried to combine dining with some fun rides.
We enjoyed the free dining plan and would do it again. I wouldn't have worried about not using CS for breakfast. It was too hot to eat 3 meals a day.

Great b-day review :bday: We are heading down early December for lil sis's wedding BUT both my Dad & I also have b-days right around that week.

Question : how did you get the decoratios on table and the cupcakes? :cake: I have picked one meal to celebrate for Dad and 'nother for me! Bold eh? So do I just let them know now (already have my ADR) or wait till we check in?

Glad you had such a great time :cool1:

We told the CM's when we made the ADR and again when we checked in.
Here are two photo's from the Irish Pub Ragland Road. Danielle the Irish Step Dancer and the birthday boy, Devin.

DSC03512.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

you were celebrating a birthday?

Its going to be my husbands 40th b-day and i did not say anything when i made the reservations - should i call back and have them note this?

lisa

lisaross said:
you were celebrating a birthday?

Its going to be my husbands 40th b-day and i did not say anything when i made the reservations - should i call back and have them note this?

lisa
You should tell them when you check into the podium for your ADR.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter