10 Trips in 27 Months! WOO! HOO! COMPLETED 10/2018

Well I tend to be late to most reports, but at this point I'm just plain rude. Nonetheless I'm here. And for the record, from your Nations Capital, Go Nats Go! :-)

You got our Adam Eaton, although, unfortunately, he didn't get much of a chance to show you what he's made of...:crutches:

By the way, I'm glad you made it.:love:

Last edited:
That's excellent!!!
Sorry about the games getting rained out/delayed, while I'm not a baseball fan it still stinks.
Only a couple days to go now!!! If I don't get back here, safe travels, enjoy your shopping, eating, and your niece :goodvibes

Thanks Ariane! You are too sweet!!!

Well friends, Ash and I leave tomorrow afternoon...I promise to post as soon as I get back...maybe even while I'm gone...
Time to shower...I have a 9am mani and pedi...:-)

IMG_0610.JPG Well, we go home tomorrow, but it was a wonderful trip!!! Flight down was on time and there were 50 empty seats. It was a smooth flight and my sister and her family were waiting for us at the airport. [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

IMG_0658.JPG Friday we made a Starbucks run and headed to Disney. Our room in the Carousel section of SSR was ready by our 1030 am arrival. We unloaded the car and spent the afternoon at the Paddock pool.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 2
Friday night we had a wonderful meal and a few cocktails at Homecomin'. Damn, that Moonshine Mash was FABULOUS!! Then Ash and I had ourselves some major retail therapy in Disney Springs.

IMG_0670.JPGIMG_0671.JPG

We drove back to St Pete after breakfast. Gia took a nap and Ash and I did some more shopping on Gulf Blvrd at a beach shop. We got back to my sisters and babysat for my niece.

Hi everyone! Well, we are back...It was a great trip, short, but sweet. We got a lot done in a few days. And, we will be back in 23 days...Our flight on June 28th lands at MCO at 8:50 am (just typing that makes me tired). Once we collect our luggage and rental car, we will head to DS for some shopping and lunch at Rain Forest Cafe. Then, it's off to St Pete for a few days before heading back over to WDW...:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::sulley::tigger::simba::stitch::hmghost::figment::ccat:

Oh, and I got an email this morning saying our Magic Bands have shipped! Horray!

Last edited:
Good evening Disers! I just wanted to recap my stay at SSR. I thought the resort was beautiful, but that it was lacking that special Disney feel...I did not like the location of our room at all. We were in the Carousel section (in the waaaaaaaay back of the resort, furthest from DS). We were in building 70, room 7147. However, our view was gorgeous. It faced a small pond with a fountain and a "carousel" of horses.

Check in was very fast and easy. Although I received a text saying our room wasn't quite ready, I asked if they had something available. That's why we landed in the Carousel section. I asked the CM twice during check in for a crib and never received it. Thank goodness we brought the pack n play...

On Friday night, Ash and I waited literally 20 minutes for an internal bus after 2 boat rides from DS. We ended up just walking to our room, and let me tell you, it was a Loooooooong walk...This was disappointing.

The room itself was very nice, clean and spacious. Sorry, I forgot to take pics...

We had lunch at the Paddock pool Friday afternoon, and can you believe there were no high chairs???? I thought that was CRAZY! The food was delicious though. Ash and I split the chicken nuggets and fries. My sister had a burger, and Gia had chicken and fries. Everything was made fresh, and was very yummy. The CM behind the counter even gave my niece a free box of cookies. Very sweet!

We had lots of fun at the pool. It wasn't crowded, and there were lots of empty chairs.

Overall, the resort was very pretty. But, I don't think I need to stay there again. It's a one and done for me...I am looking forward to our stay at CSR in July!!!!!

Last edited:
View attachment 241971 View attachment 241970 Saturday morning we had breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Gia was totally afraid of the characters. She kept saying "bye bye." It was really funny.
OMG that's adorable that she kept saying bye bye!
We stayed at SSR for a few nights back in 2011. I can't remember what section we were in but it was a quick walk to the main building and we had a bus stop right outside. However when we went for a walk around the property we realized how lucky we were and how far we could have been from everything! We did really like our room and also Turf Club the night we ate there, but we haven't chosen to stay there again. I think now the proximity to DS is really the biggest plus to that resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter