$300 since yesterday?

Limmer

DIS Veteran
I am trying to get some quotes and there has been a $300 CDN increase since last night on Disney.com. Since when are the mods $209 a night? I thought Sept was Value season. If Canadian at par does not come out (and I don't think it will because of the 50th) there is no way I will be able to talk my DH into a trip. :sad2:

Is that $209 CDN or US. I have never seen the moderates go for that much.

I'm glad we booked our trip yesterday then. We used a travel agent and got 9 nights at all star movies and 10 day MYW passes with non exipry with the 5 plus options for $2950 canadian. This is for my two children ages 5 and 7 and my husband and myself. We are going from Oct 14-23. Still waiting for the MNSSHP tickets though. I thought our TA did an awesome job. She called Disney at first because she was having trouble doing the 9nights with the 10 day MYW passes, the cast member had said she'd have to put them in separate and we'd be charged the entire amount of the passes. We were not prepared for that (awaiting income tax return that will cover the entire trip!!!) so we said we just book the room, then our TA decided to call back about another question she had and the next cast member said we could do it with our $200 deposit and pay as we go!! I'm so excited!!! :cool1:

That was US funds. The website said Moderates from $134-$209 and Values from $77-$134. I have never seen it that high.

Digskat, we got a quote for 2 people for 6 nights and 7 day park hoppers at $2147 CDN. That is extremely high IMHO.

Hi Limmer, how long are you going for? You can sometimes get the Moderates for under $110 and the values at $60 if you do the Annual Pass discount.

Last year with an AP, we stayed at Coronado Springs for $110 per night at Christmas and then went back and stayed at AKL for $135 per night.

Another option if you want better than the Value resorts is to rent points from a DVC member. At that time of year you could rent a Studio at Old Key West fro 80 points (S-Thrusday), usually this is about $80 or $10bucks per point. The only draw back for that plan is you will pay $200 per night on the weekend. It still works out to be on average under $120 per night for the week for a nice resort.

Good luck

I was actually only trying to get quotes to try and entice my DH to go on another trip. He wants to try an all-inclusive and I was hoping to show him that Disney was cheaper. I will look into renting points, maybe that will sway him. I cannot think of anything more boring than sitting ona beach for a week. And with the all-inclusive we cannot bring our daughter (will be 18 months) because the one he wants is 14 years and up.

Limmer
That is extremely high. Our TA contacted Disney, as my wife said, and the quote they gave us was $1300 USD for the four 10 day Plus packs with non-expiry, and $1300 Canadian for the 9 nights at ASMovies. Total worked out to $2950 Can. Disney wanted entire ticket price paid at order, but agreed to add it to Resort Package, with $200 down to secure.
We didn't bother with the parkhopper option, or the meal plans, since we found the meal plan too steep, and we didn't use the hopper option in November.

WE are a family of five (basically all adults) and our price in Canadian dollars with 4 park hoppers(we had one already) for 7 nights and staying at Port Orleans Riverside is $2925.40. We thought that was quite reasonable, now if there was just a deal to feed us...: ) We didn't purchase the meal plan because a lot of the places we like to eat are not included in the plan, but oh well, we are going to have a SUPER trip!!!! :flower:

Just wondering if anyone look into renting points and staying at DVC. They usually go for $10.00 a point. Staying at Broadwalk studio cost anywhere from $90.00 to $160.00(Christmast) a night. That is about the same price as staying at a moderate resort.

JMHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter