4.5 days in San Diego

squirrel

DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>
Right now the plan is 2 days at SD Zoo and 2 days at Sea World. Do we need both days at each park? It will be my mom (renting a scooter) and myself.

Any other ideas on what to do or see in SD?

We are on a 7 night cruise before arriving and we are staying at Quality Suites SD SeaWorld Area.

I would say 2 days at the Zoo but NOT Sea World. Sea World was a big disappointment in comparison to Orlando's in my opinion.

We didn't make it there but Belmont Park looks like fun (maybe someone else on here can confirm that).

For history buffs, the Midway Museum also looked cool and you two could venture down towards Seaport Village - little shops and such.

I have been to the Orlando Sea World the past two years (Annual Pass) so I have been on all the rides and seen everything there.

The price of two days (fun card) is $20 more. Or we could do it in one day and add in the All-Day Dining. We get a free breakfast at our hotel.

Last edited:
You don't need 2 days at either place unless you plan on doing short days.

Other places to visit are Old Town, Legoland, Safari Park, Balboa Park, Hotel Del Coronado.

At San Diego zoo, buy the ticket which gives you the bus tour of the park and the gondola ride. The bus tour gives a very good tour of the zoo, with nice viewing of animals. While on the bus tour make mental notes of areas you would like a closer look at. Use internal buses or gondolas to get to those attractions later. One day is fine for zoo.
We have had season passes for SW SD for a few years now. My kids are 8,10, and 12 and they can be entertained for 3 days at Sea World. There's quite a few street performances and interactive attractions. All day dining is worth it.

At San Diego zoo, buy the ticket which gives you the bus tour of the park and the gondola ride. The bus tour gives a very good tour of the zoo, with nice viewing of animals. While on the bus tour make mental notes of areas you would like a closer look at. Use internal buses or gondolas to get to those attractions later. One day is fine for zoo.
We have had season passes for SW SD for a few years now. My kids are 8,10, and 12 and they can be entertained for 3 days at Sea World. There's quite a few street performances and interactive attractions. All day dining is worth it.
Do you think we would still get our money's worth for All Day Dining when we get free hot breakfast at our hotel and the park is only open until 5pm? Do you think we would be able to get an early dinner in before they close?

I would spend my time and money touring the zoo and then heading over to the neighborhoods around the Zoo, notably Hillcrest or North Park to eat some delicious tacos or pizza for a fraction of the price.

Do you think we would still get our money's worth for All Day Dining when we get free hot breakfast at our hotel and the park is only open until 5pm? Do you think we would be able to get an early dinner in before they close?

I am looking for the same thing on if it is worth the money. Have you been able to find menu prices??

I would say 2 days at the Zoo but NOT Sea World. Sea World was a big disappointment in comparison to Orlando's in my opinion.

We didn't make it there but Belmont Park looks like fun (maybe someone else on here can confirm that).

For history buffs, the Midway Museum also looked cool and you two could venture down towards Seaport Village - little shops and such.

I'm the opposite!! I was very disappointed in Sea World Orlando. Didn't like that shows were mostly indoors (have to be due to heat and rain!). San Diego is all about being outdoors in the ocean, beach, sunny California environment. It's built right on the bay, not inland. Everyone has their own ideals of what works best for them but for us, SD wins hands down!

Really depends on what you like to see and do. We usually spend 3 days in San Diego on our trips. 1 day at Zoo, 1 day at Safari park (Owned by Zoo), 1 day at Seaworld. If Seaworld is open late nights we often head there after the zoo or safari to catch a night show or fireworks.

Well, I think Expedia has the best deal on SW tickets and I can get 7 days for just over $20 more CAN. I have some new diet restrictions so I don't think I will be doing the All Day Dining. I'm glad I know now that eating wheat and dairy (plus a few other things) causes me to have asthma attacks when near smoke. Last year's trip would have been so much better if I had known.

We have 4.5 days so we can do SW that first half day and get maps and see a few things before heading to the hotel.

Expedia has these inclusions with the tickets they sell **Is it missing anything that I want?**

• Admission to the San Diego Zoo

• Guided bus tour

• Kangaroo Express Bus

• Skyfari® Aerial Tram

Expedia has these inclusions with the tickets they sell **Is it missing anything that I want?**
It isn't missing anything that you'll want/need.

If you want to do a behind the scenes tour, you have to pay extra for that, but you book that through the zoo directly anyway. There are no discounted versions for sale anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!