4 Adults, 6 Days/5 Nights on DDP: Days 1 & 2--Kona Cafe and Coral Reef

I enjoyed your report on Kona. We haven't scheduled that into our week, simply because they just opened up one a quarter block from my house. Would it be worth doing at Disney since it is now available anytime??? I am on the dining plan, so we can splurdge more than usual... What to cancel if we do Kona? Ohanas, Teppanki? We're also going to Captain Jacks, Prime Time 50's, Le Celliar, California Grill. All these choices are driving me crazzzzy!!!!!!! But I am enjoying every moment of the planning process.

Kiddeokee said:
I enjoyed your report on Kona. We haven't scheduled that into our week, simply because they just opened up one a quarter block from my house. Would it be worth doing at Disney since it is now available anytime??? I am on the dining plan, so we can splurdge more than usual... What to cancel if we do Kona? Ohanas, Teppanki? We're also going to Captain Jacks, Prime Time 50's, Le Celliar, California Grill. All these choices are driving me crazzzzy!!!!!!! But I am enjoying every moment of the planning process.

Is it the same Kona Cafe? :confused3

ExPirateShopGirl said:
Is it the same Kona Cafe? :confused3

honestly, I don't know. I haven't been there yet as it just opened up a couple weeks ago. I should possibly try to find out :)

We ate at Coral reef on 8/15, 5 adults 1 child. Had 6:20 ressie (DDP) We were seeted within 10 min of that time. Had Cathy for our server (she was very good) Our food flowed out to us pretty quickly, barely finished appi's and main couse was there. Desert was a short wait, less than 10 min from ordering, and Cathy let us know that the kitchen had gotten backed up.
I really enjoied the food, heard no complaints from our party. I had the greens w/lime something vinigrette. I loved it, DD, not so much. DH had the shrimp cocktail, which he liked. Liked the bread also.
DH got the Mahi Mahi, which he said was very good, most of us had the NY steak. Mine could have been just a bit pinker. Ordered med rare, it was slightly pink, more like med. The steaks were very tastey, We really did enjoy them.
For desert, the Chocolate wave was the winner :goodvibes . YUM! And pretty to look at.
I'd give CR a :thumbsup2 I'd eat there again.

Kiddeokee said:
honestly, I don't know. I haven't been there yet as it just opened up a couple weeks ago. I should possibly try to find out :)

I may be wrong but I bet you had a Kona Grill open by you not Kona cafe. We have a Kona grill not far from where we live it is good but not at all like the Kona cafe (Kona Grill has sushi, Pizzas, Lots of Pasta, Macadamia Chicken and REALLY good Chicken Tacos) you can find their menu online

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter