4 day park hopper vs 5 day

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
Here is the dilema,

WE (2 adults 2 children 4&2) are going to DW in Sept. We will be staying at the BC for 5 nights. We want the park hopper so we can go to park to park but I'm not sure if we should get the 4 day for Disney and then have the 5th day as a shopping hanging out at the pool day. anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. FYI I love to shop and am really looking forward to hitting the Orlando outlets!!!

I think that a 4 day park hopper will be enough for you and your family. If you like to shop that will easily fill a day and if the spouse and children are tired then a day at the resort is great. Sept. is a warm month and the ages of your children I am sure they will love swimming and relaxing at the pool for the day. We always try to take one day to enjoy our resort.

Originally we were going to get the 4 day hoppers for our Oct trip. However when I thought back to our 1996 trip we had 5 day hoppers for 3 parks. Now that Animal Kingdom is there my MIL bought the 5 day hoppers for us. An annual pass for herself so I was able to get the discount on the Wilderness Lodge - yippee!!

The difference in price between a 4-day and a 5-day hopper is small enough that I'd get the 5-day. The tickets never expire, and it will be cheap admission on a future trip.

I would probably get 5 day tickets, too. There is just so much to do that you're going to miss a lot if you only go 4 days. Your kids would probably like to spend 2 days at MK.

I vote for the 5-day tickets. There definitely is such a small difference in price -- I think it's only about $20. This is much less than the price of a one-day one-park ticket -- don't use the 5th day and save it for another trip if you choose.

We're also doing a short trip in mid-Sept, only 3 full days and 1/2 day on our last day (the first night we don't arrive until about 10pm). But, I have decided that we'll be buying the 5-day hoppers, saving the 2 extra days for the next trip and doing a character meal outside the parks on the last day.

My 1st thought would be to just get the 4 day hopper and take advantage of Stormalong Bay and shopping on the 5th day.

On the other hand since your kids are young you could go with the 5 day hopper and just make it a much slower paced 5 days. Taking a nice long nap/swim each day. You won't feel as rushed around knowing you have 5 days and at that age your kids will likely need or want a nap and a swim both. Since the 2 year old is free on this trip that might be something to think about.

Thanks for all the insight. I think we will go with the 5 day park hopper and just save the extra day if we don't use it. I didn't realize there was such a small price difference. We are staying at Beach club so we can enjoy the pool area so I do hope we can spend some extra time down there.

Thanks you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter