• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

40th Birthday at WDW

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of celebrating my 40th b/d at WDW. It will be next year.

I'm up for going anytime of the year, we probably won't go on my exact day bc it's in July and that seems a bit hot and crowded.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for a good time?

We'll have a party of 8: me, DH, sis, her 2 kids (9 and 11), my aunt and uncle and my friend.

My step-mother took my dad as a surprise for his 40th birthday back in December 1986 (his first visit). He's been back lots of time since.:p

I would suggest planning a dinner (do it yourself if you must) for your birthday - and while making the dinner ressie, let them know it's your birthday!

Have a great time!

We have friends who love to go the first week in December - there are few crowds, and the decorations are awesome. We haven't made it at that time because of job/school issues, but are hoping to do a couple's trip some year!

We have been in October, which is also a nice time to go, and warmer than December (if you have your heart set on swimming, etc.)

Whatever you decide, it's the perfect place to celebrate your birthday :Pinkbounc

I will be in Disney for my 40th this year. (Ugh - did I say forty???). The last time we were down, DH and two friends and I went to Emeril's for dinner followed by Jelly Rolls. We had so much fun at Jelly Rolls that I think that will be my choice of places to hang for the big night....We'll probably use FG for the kids so we can stay out late (if I can manage to stay awake!). While DW wasn't exactly where I wanted to be for this bday (think romantic island w/o kids), the timing of our trip just worked out that way and I'm sure we'll have a great time.

I, too, celebrate my 40th this July. Perhaps we should have a "turning 40 meet" for just us (Ugh) 40 year olds! ;)

I'm going to be there for my 45th in december. Couldn't think of a better place to be. Wish it was my 30th but all my dreams can't come true.

We celebrated my DH 40th during our last visit in August, although his Birthday was earlier in the year, I contacted Jane at Gifts of a lifetime, and she organised a wonderful Indiana Jones clue hunt around MGM, it was expensive but it was also the best, he had a great day and something that he will never forget. I think there website is www.giftsofalifetime.com, but if thats wrong I'm sure someone will know it here on the DIS

Add me to the list of turning 40 next July! :earseek:

I'm thinking a early December trip sounds like a good way to celebrate because of the decorations and less crowded parks. Do you want to do things with your whole group all the time or will you and dh do some alone time?

I would look into an Illuminations cruise, plan a night at Pleasure Island, book a dinner at the Chef's Table at V&A, Cirque de Solei. I would do a day at the spa, look into doing a carriage ride with dh only.

That should get you started ;)

Oh, just thought - what about a behind the scenes tour? I would definitely think about doing that if I didn't have the young ones along one day!

Add me to the summer 40 list. June 17th is my big day!

Happy Birthday everyone!

We went in December (not on my birthday which is Dec. 27). My husband surprised me with a keys to the kingdom tour. We had so much fun on this day, I would recommend it. We were also scheduled for an illuminations cruise but my ds did not want to be that close to the fireworks so we had to cancel (still a bit bummed). I have to say this was one of my best vacations ever. I loved the decorations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter