$456 SW Credit, VERY limited budget, Help me pick a trip!

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi All ~ I have $456 Southwest credit that has to be used before November. I get all summer off work, my kids will be off....so summer is the best time for a trip. DH has been laid off work, so our budget is VERY limited. Where should we go? Thanks! Sandra

Do you have any Disney tickets left from a previous trip? The reason I ask is because I find sometimes WDW is the economical way to go especially with a value resort and free dining. There are many places to fly to out of Buffalo but almost everywhere you could go you would need a car rental and pay for meals. Where else can you go and stay for $82/night, they drive you around for free and you can eat at nice restaurants for free (except tip)? I was pricing out other trips to do this summer (Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach etc) and it worked out cheaper for us to go to Disney because the room rates during the summer months were so high for anything near the beach. If you don't really want to take a trip but just need to use up your credit can you get an extension on that credit? If not, if you were to book some flights and then cancel does that automatically give you another year credit?

I would fly to Vegas:goodvibes! Grand Canyon is about a 2 hour drive (to the sky walk), and there is so much more to vegas than gambling;). We were there last year and didn't gamble once!!

I'm in the same boat- but trying to decide between disney world and land. land is cheaper tickets and rooms but world has cheaper flights I have about the same amount of credit and there are three of us

Is your DH collecting EI? If he is just make sure he doesn't' claim that he is available for work the time you are away. DH did that a few years ago when he was working for the government. He was laid off every year for two months so we didn't think anything of it but he was told he had to pay the money back. The only way they would have known that he left the country was because of his passport. It might be different crossing the border first but I thought you might like to know just in case.

On a separate note, I would do a value hotel with the free dining. Even if you don't go into the parks there is so much to do around the resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter