Life After Marathons: A Running/barre3/Coffee/Life Journal

Sleeping with my garmin on for the first time tonight. Does this thing actually measure sleep?
(I'm also wearing my Fitbit just in case).

Are we taking bets on how long it will stay on before I decide that in going to break it and take it off?

Plus ... characters in Independence Day attire ... I gotta talk to Beth about this. We need to factor this into our Epcot plan.

OMG - they were out for the 10K of Dopey this year and they were ADORABLE. You definitely don't want to miss them!

Sleeping with my garmin on for the first time tonight. Does this thing actually measure sleep?
(I'm also wearing my Fitbit just in case).

Are we taking bets on how long it will stay on before I decide that in going to break it and take it off?

It does! Though, I've noticed I start taking mine off in the middle of the night because I know I go to bed with it on, but I wake up and it's not on my wrist and is under the covers or something.

Also - make sure you put it on Do Not Disturb AND set the Screen Lock on it when you go to sleep ... nobody likes a bright shiny watch face in their eyeballs waking them up.

It does! Though, I've noticed I start taking mine off in the middle of the night because I know I go to bed with it on, but I wake up and it's not on my wrist and is under the covers or something.

I had a dream that I did that! It was annoying me so I took it off.
But then I woke up and it was still on my wrist.

Also - make sure you put it on Do Not Disturb AND set the Screen Lock on it when you go to sleep ... nobody likes a bright shiny watch face in their eyeballs waking them up.

I don't know if I did this or not, but I also didn't get woken up by a screen, so either I'm a much deeper sleeper than I thought I was, or I somehow managed to set these by accident.

I just remember the line and thought I really want to but...

I have no common sense, so I don't do such things in races. I just wait in the really long line. I'm 75% sure that one day I'm going to get swept because I waited in too many long character lines and I don't know if I'll feel bad about it.

Two things I forgot to post 5 seconds ago:

1 - InB refund is in the process of going through. Might already have gone through. I haven't checked my credit card yet. But I got an email about it from Paypal.
2 - According to Garmin I got 3 hours of 41 minutes of deep sleep. According to Fitbit I got 4 hours and 9 minutes. That's actually not a terrible difference. Not sure if I'm gonna keep sleeping with the Garmin until I switch over fully (I'm still wearing both every day right now ... I haven't decided if/when I'm going to fully transition over to Garmin only) just because it's a little awkward to wear a watch all night.

Okay bad influences, you won. But as a reward for winning, you have to vote on things.

Here are the sunglasses I'm considering:
Knockaround - Black/Moonshine Classics
iXB7p1oxSva3B3aP1SDI_affordable-sunglasses-black-moonshine-classics-flyover_medium.png

https://knockaround.com/collections/polarized-sunglasses/products/black-moonshine-classics

Knockaround - Frosted Gray/Red Sunset Classics
QOf7aP0hRlWAqCNdVOb4_affordable-sunglasses-grey-red-classics-flyover_medium.png

https://knockaround.com/collections...-grey-red-sunset-classics?variant=36542876999

Goodr - Iced By Yetis
ice_by_yetis_LL_side.jpg

https://www.playgoodr.com/shop/sunglasses/running-sunglasses-white-2/

Goodr - Not the Mama
Side-3.jpg

https://www.playgoodr.com/shop/sunglasses/not-the-mama/

Goodr - Vincent's Absinthe Night Terrors
PIB_Side_0000_Black-with-Teal-Side-View.jpg

https://www.playgoodr.com/shop/sunglasses/running-sunglasses-black-teal/

My preference is Knockarounds, because a) they're cheaper, and b) ebates (I think). But I'm also willing to try Goodr (especially because I'm super picky about sunglasses and need a backup in case I hate knockarounds).
Just remember, I'm boring.

Anyway ... discuss, debate, vote, whatever.

So if we are being boring the Moonshine Classics by Knockaround. But if we are being fun then definitely Iced by Yetis from Goodr. I am a color person though so I run in neon colors and wear very bright clothes. The other day someone said I looked like Spring (magenta shirt and green capri pants).

I missed your big WDW explanation... but I am so glad the trip came together for you!! I can't wait for you to recap it here :)
I also hope things at work/personal life are looking up. I think everyone rides the roller coaster where at the bottom, we think "What the heck am I doing? And why? And for who?" You do you, boo. ;) Things always have a weird way of working out.

And now... for sunglasses! :smooth:
If you'd like a model of the frosted gray/sunset, please refer to my instagram post from last night (that you've already liked haha) and you will see them in the premium style (which in retrospect, I have no idea why I ordered instead of the classics?).
These also receive my vote. Funky colored sunglasses are "in" and a lot of fun to wear running! I think the slightly cheaper price of the Knockarounds also wins over the Goodrs for me.

So if we are being boring the Moonshine Classics by Knockaround. But if we are being fun then definitely Iced by Yetis from Goodr. I am a color person though so I run in neon colors and wear very bright clothes. The other day someone said I looked like Spring (magenta shirt and green capri pants).

Thanks for the input!
I try to wear fun colors but fail. I do try to get fun colored shoes, though. So maybe I should try for sunglasses too...

I missed your big WDW explanation... but I am so glad the trip came together for you!! I can't wait for you to recap it here :)

Thanks!
I may or may not write a trip report for this. But expect occasional pictures on Instagram.

I also hope things at work/personal life are looking up. I think everyone rides the roller coaster where at the bottom, we think "What the heck am I doing? And why? And for who?" You do you, boo. ;) Things always have a weird way of working out.

Thanks. This life thing ... its complicated.

If you'd like a model of the frosted gray/sunset, please refer to my instagram post from last night (that you've already liked haha) and you will see them in the premium style (which in retrospect, I have no idea why I ordered instead of the classics?).
These also receive my vote. Funky colored sunglasses are "in" and a lot of fun to wear running! I think the slightly cheaper price of the Knockarounds also wins over the Goodrs for me.

I knew they looked familiar when I saw them on the website! I just looked at the picture and I like the colors. Plus, if I get these, we'll be almost sunglasses twins!
Thanks for the input!

1. Vincent
2. Not the mama
3. Iced
4. Moonshine

You have great taste. These are my top 4 also, but I couldn’t find Vincent in stock and that was my fave. Happy shopping!

I’m partial to Vincent’s and Iced by Yetis since those are two that I have. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those color options, though.

I have both pair of the Knockarounds, so clearly I love those. LOL. I would say I prefer the Moonshine to the Red Sunset just because of the color it makes be see when I wear them. If I am being honest, I like the Vincents the best and think I need to go buy those now.

I have both pair of the Knockarounds, so clearly I love those. LOL. I would say I prefer the Moonshine to the Red Sunset just because of the color it makes be see when I wear them. If I am being honest, I like the Vincents the best and think I need to go buy those now.
I just ordered mine. I also like the Gardening with a Kraken. So now I have a list for whenever I have "extra money." Ha.

1. Vincent
2. Not the mama
3. Iced
4. Moonshine

You have great taste. These are my top 4 also, but I couldn’t find Vincent in stock and that was my fave. Happy shopping!

Thanks for the input!

I’m partial to Vincent’s and Iced by Yetis since those are two that I have. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those color options, though.

Excellent choices :)

Ah, I forgot about the seeing colors thing. I actually kinda hate that. Sigh. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Thanks for the input!
Also ... go buy the Vincents :)

I just ordered mine. I also like the Gardening with a Kraken. So now I have a list for whenever I have "extra money." Ha.

#DISenabling

I got a pair of the Premiums, Classics, and the Paso Robles. I like the Classics and the Pasos the most.

My vote is for the black Knockarounds because a) cheaper and b) ebates. Haha. It's like 3.5% back I think! Plus I love mine.

Thanks for the input!
I think I'm leaning towards the Knockarounds. Mostly because money, but also because they seem a bit smaller and I have a small head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter