5 or 6 days in the park? Please help me. Should I change our plan?

ChristopherFamily

Earning My Ears
I currently have AOA booked for 6 nights. Arriving on Sunday 11/29 checking out Saturday 12/5. Is 5 days in the park enough? We will be traveling with 3 kids (9, 7 & almost 2). I have not been in WDW in almost a decade. I have no idea what to expect?

Should I add another day? If I do that would put us in the park M-S. Are Saturday's crazy in the parks?

For us, two kids four years apart, we’ve done a park every day of our trip. We don’t really rest, lol.

If the cost isn’t too much (and it’s usually not as you add days at that point), I would add a day. At the very least you could do your 3 FPs and then decide to stay longer or just make it a short day.

What time would you arrive on Sunday? We also go to the park on arrival day. 😁

We are going in April and staying six nights. I went ahead and bought the six day tickets (not much more per day at that point) and will go to Epcot the morning of our last day as there are EMH that morning. We figured it would be a nice end to our stay then drive to the airport and catch our flight out that afternoon.

In 2016 I brought my best friend and her kiddos. We bought 5 day tickets. I left after the fourth day, and their flight home was at 7am on day 7. I planned leaving day 6 empty so they could rest and shop before leaving for the airport at a miserable hour, but they upgraded at the resort concierge to a 6-day ticket because they wanted to go to animal kingdom again. I think it was about $20 per person.

That’s a long story to say that you can always add a day after you get there. You won’t have a lot of choices for fastpasses, but the kids will be so excited for a bonus day.

As far as sleeping that last night, I don’t know if you wanna have an extra night booked at aoa, or hit the road and stay offsite, or if you can make it all the way home after a park day. I’m thinking the extra night at aoa would be the least stressful but most expensive option.

We really debated between 5 and 6 days and ended up getting 6 days since the cost was very minimal for us. We do plan to hit up a park on our last day before starting the drive home. We won't make it all that far, but we can't make it home in a day anyways. In the end, we kept being just shy of hitting up everyone's must do items when planning out our park days. By adding that 6th day, we can fit in everyone's must do stuff without running around every single day from rope drop to close. We have short days or breaks scheduled every single day. I feel like we have a good balance now. We'll still miss stuff, but it won't be from lack of my trying. haha.

If the cost is not a huge factor yes stay the extra day. It really takes 2 days to do Magic Kingdom. In my families case we only go every 3rd year and stay between 10-12 days and do each park for 2 days and MK for 3.

Will your kiddos want any pool time? AoA has a great pool for kids that age, so that might be something to consider. You might consider taking a day off in the middle of the week and plan to do swimming that day.

I think Saturday's tend to be busy in the parks. You get more of the locals. :)

Have a great trip!

Will your kiddos want any pool time? AoA has a great pool for kids that age, so that might be something to consider. You might consider taking a day off in the middle of the week and plan to do swimming that day.

I think Saturday's tend to be busy in the parks. You get more of the locals. :)

Have a great trip!

I actually was told the big Nemo pool will be closed this fall for renovations so it was possible that they wouldn't be able to use it anyways.

The other pools will still be open. The theming at the Cars pool is so cool!

I am always in favor of more park days :) Plus it is nice to do half days or take breaks. Next trip DS is only doing one park day and it will be a very long day because of that. We will see if we can survive getting up at 6am and powering through until 2am. Ugh - put it that way and it sounds insane. Ok ok - I better cut out the afternoon plans and take a nice nap instead.

I agree with the others - add the day! You'd have some flexibility to either do a half day and go back to the pool for the afternoon, or sleep in a day and schedule FPs for the afternoon

Another vote for staying an extra day BUT I’ll be contrary and say that I’d suggest you plan a no parks day mid-week when you do not need to get up and go anywhere and are just relaxing. My kids (6 and 10) really loved having a day to stay put and enjoy the resort without a time crunch at all. That would still leave you 2 days for MK and 1 each for the other parks.

Add a day, drive as far as you are comfortable with on the way home and stop. We have a 24 hr drive ourselves. I think we’ve decided to drive to the beach after our last night at Disney and spent a few hours in the ocean before heading home since we’ll be there during summer.

Adding a day to your trip? or adding a day in the park?
I think you can never have enough park days, but it seems like if you don't extend your trip, where are you putting them in?
what time are you getting there on day 1? leaving on day 7?

if you get there early enough, going to the parks on day 1 is nice. Dinner and a few fast passes. We did Epcot, grabbed a fast pass to living with the land, Frozen, then dinner at the Beirgarden, and we had a Nemo FP which we skipped. That allowed us to get the Frozen ride in and Soarn(on another day) both on FP. Also a nice fun dinner to start the trip.

a pool day or a late day (where people can sleep in) midweek is nice.

If you're driving, i'm not sure how a park day on your last day works for you. seems like you'll be exhausted driving. Maybe you could get a few rides in? but I could see this being a bridge too far.

once you're at a certain number of days the cost is minimal to add one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter