5 TS Restaurants

I'm pretty sure it's the same recipe and standards at all three of the Japan Pavilion restaurants for the shrimp tempura. Light, not greasy, and certainly not over breaded or cooked. Seriously good stuff!:cool:.
Still haven't done many of the restaurants on your list but but I've time;).
We ate at the fish and chips QS next to Rose and Crown one late morning and then sat at the umbrella shaded tables next to the lake. Almost made me feel like I was in what I imagine the lake Districts are like. The "newspaper" wrapping paper made me giggle and once again the fried fish wasn't greasy and had a tender taste.

The tempura shrimp in Japan pavilion are amazing, but the shrimp at Teppan Edo are unbreaded and cooked on the grill right in front of you. The whole show (for all of the food prep) is amazing!

There's *hopefully* always another trip to try something new. We always try to hit a couple of faves each trip, but also explore some new ones.

The tempura shrimp in Japan pavilion are amazing, but the shrimp at Teppan Edo are unbreaded and cooked on the grill right in front of you. The whole show (for all of the food prep) is amazing!

There's *hopefully* always another trip to try something new. We always try to hit a couple of faves each trip, but also explore some new ones.
Don't forget the appetizer selections which includes at least 2 offerings that include shrimp tempura:).
Teppan Edo is the only one of the 3 JP restaurants that I haven't eaten at yet and am wrestling with adding to our forthcoming trip vs TD.

Sanaa
Ohana
Boma breakfast
Biergarten
Yak and Yeti

some others might be contenders but we have only been once so will need to try again to be sure....The Wave, Trattoria Al Forno, 1900 Park Fare, 50s Prime Time

Last edited:

Sanaa
Tusker House
Rose and Crown
Grand Floridian Café
Kona Café for Breakfast

Ohana — Family favorite. If you imbibe, you must have a Lapu Lapu.

1900 Park Fare breakfast — You have to have at least one character meal, and this one is my personal fave.

Sci Fi Dine In — Really unique and fun experience. Stick to burgers, onion rings and shakes, and you’ll love it.

Yak & Yeti — We had excellent dinners here the past two years.

Chefs de France — Good food in a beautiful restaurant. Choose the prix fixe for best value.

Have fun! :)

I haven't used the dining plan, and I don't know if you intend to include buffets, but here are five of my favorites:

The Wave
Skipper Canteen
Tusker House
Boma
Biergarten

My top 5 must do:
  1. Tusker House with ROL Package
  2. Sci Fi
  3. Liberty Tree
  4. Trex
  5. Be Our Guest

If I’m picking 1 per park / area:

• MK: Liberty Tree Tavern
  • Epcot: Garden Grill
  • AK: Tusker House
  • HS: Tie between Sci Fi and 50s for atmosphere, 50s wins for food
  • DS: Trex

Honorable Mentions:
  • Boma - This is a favorite, but it just never seems to work in our schedule to get over to the hotel to eat.
  • Crystal Palace - who doesn’t love Winnie the Pooh
  • Whispering Canyon - another hotel restaurant that is just too hard to fit into the schedule.

Ohana
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time
Tusker House
Crystal Palace (family tradition)

Only 5 is tough for me, but I'll go with...

Garden Grill (breakfast)
Sci-Fi
Biergarten
Chefs de France
Ohana (breakfast)

Have not gone our trip yet, but these are the top 5 I pick because I poured over reviews and online pictures lol!
We're doing DDP and these are all 1 credit

• Ohana
  • Homecomin'
  • Garden Grill
  • Trails End
  • 50s prime time
But honestly I have a long list of restaurants I think will be pretty good - Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree, Raglan Road, the Wave, Boma, Biergarten just to name a few

Sci Fi
LIberty Tree Tavern @ lunch
GF Cafe
Chefs of France
Tutti Italia

Those are our favorites that we try to eat at every trip. We tried Rose & Crown in December & really liked it so will try to add it into our plans. So I'd put that in as an alternate to any of the above.

'Ohana
Boma
Cape May
Tutto Italia
Teppan Edo

We enjoy each of these for dinner when on DDP.

Ohana for dinner
Raglan Road
Be Our Guest for lunch
Biergarten
Home comming disney springs

Adventurous Eating
Saana
Teppen Edo
Boma
Chefs De France
Marrakesh

Not so Adventurous
Chef Mickeys
Garden Grill
Cape May
Sci Fi
Via Napoli

Wow, picking only 5 is tough!
1. Ohana dinner w/ fireworks (a must for my family)
2. Biergarten dinner (another family must-have)
3. Tusker House lunch/dinner with Rivers Of Light dining package
4. Boma
5. Cape May

I almost chose Rose and Crown, but realized that we have never done it for TS. We do love the fish and chips at their QS, then sit outside. Funny story - we were staying at PO Riverside resort and were going to take the boat over to Disney Springs for dinner, but the line was super long and we wanted to get to HS to see the Star Wars fireworks show. So, we decided to head to EPCOT for a QS option, then walk to HS for the fireworks. We ended up choosing the fish and chips and a beer at the QS Yorkshire County Fish Shop. We happened upon a great outdoor table by the water. I'm sure people thought we were crazy when we got up to leave before the Illuminations show (so we could hoof it to HS in time for the fireworks...haha). It did seem a bit crazy, but someone else got to enjoy Illuminations by the water that night!

I just realized that my top 5 choices involve either buffet or AYCE..ha! I'm not even a 'buffet-type' person. What can I say? Disney does them right! That said, I'm dying to try Via Napoli, Spice Road Table, and Chefs de France. Plus, I need to get myself to Disney Springs someday. I've heard Raglan Road is great. I'd also like to try Morimoto, Homecomin', The Edison, to name a few. Let's see.... only another two years or so before we can go to Disney again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!