5 year old vs Bahamas and Bermuda Excursions? (Ref Joe vs the Volcano ;) )

Meowmixit

Earning My Ears
Pardon my reference to Joe vs the Volcano…

Nassau, Bahamas and Kings Wharf, Bermuda excursion help needed. My family of 3 (2 Adults and a 5 year old boy) will be traveling in June 2016 to Nassau and Kings Wharf on RC. Does anyone have any suggestions on what excursions to select for Nassau and Kings Wharf that would be good for a 5 year old? We have been to Atlantis and Blue Lagoon in Nassau but were looking for something different from those two options. We have never been to Bermuda.

In addition, do you have any tips for a 5 year old boy on the Royal Caribbean older Vision class ship (Grandeur of the Seas) kids club? Is there anything I should pack for him for the kids theme nights? What activities do they have for 5 year olds? We have never done a Royal Caribbean cruise with a child before, only Disney Cruise Line.

We just returned from a cruise on Allure and the first stop was Nassau. We went on the Blue Lagoon excursion. it was lovely. Royal provides a ferry to take you there which is relaxing (about 40 min ride). Then the lagoon is beautiful and the water is calm so good for a 5 year old (although there were a few twigs/seaweed near the shore). They provide mats, tubes and noodles. You can also rent larger water activities like bikes, boards, life jackets, and go to the Aqua Park. The place provides a bbq lunch. They have a Dolphin Encounter which is supposed to be great. We just did the beach version but we did walk over to watch them for a bit. The Blue Lagoon was a nice way to spend a few hours.

Thanks Frozen2014! We really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon too. I'm happy you had a great time as well. I was hoping for some thing new to do. Has anyone done the day pass to a resort like Breezes or Hilton or a glass bottom boat adventure in Nassau?

Pardon my reference to Joe vs the Volcano…

Nassau, Bahamas and Kings Wharf, Bermuda excursion help needed. My family of 3 (2 Adults and a 5 year old boy) will be traveling in June 2016 to Nassau and Kings Wharf on RC. Does anyone have any suggestions on what excursions to select for Nassau and Kings Wharf that would be good for a 5 year old? We have been to Atlantis and Blue Lagoon in Nassau but were looking for something different from those two options. We have never been to Bermuda.

In addition, do you have any tips for a 5 year old boy on the Royal Caribbean older Vision class ship (Grandeur of the Seas) kids club? Is there anything I should pack for him for the kids theme nights? What activities do they have for 5 year olds? We have never done a Royal Caribbean cruise with a child before, only Disney Cruise Line.
http://www.ardastra.com/
http://www.pirates-of-nassau.com/museum.htm
I had a great day with our boys in Nassau at the Ardastra Zoo and the Pirate Museum. I navigated us to both of them easily on my own via taxi as DH took a golf excursion that day. I never felt the slightest bit uneasy and we walked back to the ship from the Museum - it took about 10 minutes and you can bypass the Straw Market if you don't like that sort of thing. :wave2:

We have done a trip to Horseshoe Bay Beach from Kings Wharf in the past. We've also done a glass bottom boat in Bermuda (out of Hamilton). Enjoyed both of those experiences.

for Bermuda, I would go to HB. There is shallow cove area for younger kids. Take a little mask and a cheap blow up ring that he can use on his tummy to float and look at some fish and then sit in to bob around. Take a bucket + small shovel to make sand castles. There are umbrella/chairs rentals, drinks, food, bathrooms, showers. On the way back, stop at the Naval Dockyards by the ship and look around at the fort if you aren't too tired. You can take a public bus or a taxi to HB. Sometimes they have a shuttle (fee). You can also ferry over to StG and walk to tobacco bay, calmer water with good snorkeling. My kids liked the caves, which you can reach via bus (10 minutes) from St. G. It's 1 hr via bus back to the ship from the caves.
My 5 yr old liked RCCL kids club very much. He will be in the 3-6 age group. RCCL does a good job with kids under 12, IMHO.

In Bermuda we took the bus and boat transportation everywhere. Boat to Hamilton and Bus to Crystal Caverns. Walked across the road to Swizzle Inn for lunch. Must do, you can write your name on the walls there. Next day we took the bus to HB. On the way back to Royal, we asked to be dropped off at "Glass Beach". You're on your own for a bit and have to find the beach. We asked some locals. Not for everyone. You have to get back to the main road and wait at a bus stop for the next bus passing by to get a ride back.
Just the bus rides are an attraction themselves;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter