50% borrow question

Disney mac

Mouseketeer
Well, I have 185 points (note the odd number), can I borrow 92 or 93? I am trying to book a 2 bedroom and will need 278 at AKL. Anyone have any idea? Thank you for the help.

The adopted rule says you cannot exceed 50%, which implies 92 would be your limit, but you may want to call to determine for sure. Also, the actual rule applies per contract, so if you have purchased more than once, you would have more than one contract, and the 50% rule apples to each separately.

I have 175 and my contract indicates I can borrow 88. So I would say 93!

Thanks. I have 2 contracts. One for 160 and one for 25. Can we check on DVC site? Member services is closed today do they can promote the DVC cruise.

edit: thanks to all. I just tried a booking and it did round up to the 93.

Last edited:

Well, I have 185 points (note the odd number), can I borrow 92 or 93? I am trying to book a 2 bedroom and will need 278 at AKL. Anyone have any idea? Thank you for the help.
Technically your 50% points will be a x.5 if you have an odd number of points (we are the same). Your 50% allotment will round up to the next whole number so in your case, it'll be 93 points.

I have found they round up. The site actually tells you how many points you can borrow from any of the contracts you have.

Do they allow you to borrow more than that 50% and book...then later cancel you? What if you borrow some and book but later modify from 2BR to 1BR where it grabs the borrowed and leaves current points....if you're over that 50%? Do they allow and then cancel or not even allow? I just did modify and am not sure the current to borrowed point ratio. Worried they will cancel me. It was done about 5 nights ago. How long until they cancel if it is a problem?

Do they allow you to borrow more than that 50% and book...then later cancel you? What if you borrow some and book but later modify from 2BR to 1BR where it grabs the borrowed and leaves current points....if you're over that 50%? Do they allow and then cancel or not even allow? I just did modify and am not sure the current to borrowed point ratio. Worried they will cancel me. It was done about 5 nights ago. How long until they cancel if it is a problem?

I don’t think it allows you to borrow more than the 50% right now, it did at first, but I think they fixed it,

If you did book with more than 50% of borrowed points, it will get caught and will be canceled

Now, if the trip you modified was booked prior to April 24th with more than 50% of the borrowed points, you are okay.

Go to your dashboard and look at the number of points you have borrowed...if you are over 50% and the modification you did the other day used some newly borrowed, then you should call because it will get adjusted at some point.

I don’t think it allows you to borrow more than the 50% right now, it did at first, but I think they fixed it,

If you did book with more than 50% of borrowed points, it will get caught and will be canceled

Now, if the trip you modified was booked prior to April 24th with more than 50% of the borrowed points, you are okay.

Go to your dashboard and look at the number of points you have borrowed...if you are over 50% and the modification you did the other day used some newly borrowed, then you should call because it will get adjusted at some point.
Booked about a month ago and modified last week. Booked SSR 2BR initially for 117 points. Not sure how many we borrowed (we have multiple contracts we used). 45 are used from 2021. New resie is 1BR at BCV and used 85 points. I bet we did borrow the 45 so that is more than half. Then they will likely cancel it. Maybe I can add a day.

Booked about a month ago and modified last week. Booked SSR 2BR initially for 117 points. Not sure how many we borrowed (we have multiple contracts we used). 45 are used from 2021. New resie is 1BR at BCV and used 85 points. I bet we did borrow the 45 so that is more than half. Then they will likely cancel it. Maybe I can add a day.

It’s not 50% of the reservation. It is 50% of each contract. If your contract is more than 90...or the points come from more than one contract, you would be fine, given your initial trip was booked more than a month ago

It’s not 50% of the reservation. It is 50% of each contract. If your contract is more than 90...or the points come from more than one contract, you would be fine, given your initial trip was booked more than a month ago
So the 45 borrowed were from 150 point contract. Initial resie was 3 to 4 weeks ago.. So I am good?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter