50 is the new 10 - A birthday celebration at Universal

Charade, you have a good eye for those pictures!

What type of camera do you use ?

Charade, you have a good eye for those pictures!

What type of camera do you use ?

Thanks Macraven. Most of the pictures were taken with my Canon Power Shot.
2n7mbzk.jpg

It’s a nice little camera with a great zoom lens. Some of my pictures were taken with an iPhone.

Wednesday, December 20 - At this point we decided we weren’t going to attempt early entry again. We had express passes, so we didn’t feel the need to get up early. I don’t even remember when we got up today, but we made our way over to City Walk for a nutritious breakfast at Cinnabon. After breakfast we decided to go back to IOA.

We were passing throught the Dr. Seuss area so C decided that we needed to ride the train. We had never done this before, so why not. I think B thought we were a little strange. It was a cute little ride certainly worth riding at least once.
jax6gy.jpg

1f8oeg.jpg

fvz8jm.jpg

By now B was eager to get back over to HP. She had bought an interactive wand the night before and was anxious to use it. I was a little concerned about how silly she would look doing the wand stuff with all the little kids. (Remember, she’s 17.) I quickly learned that I had nothing to worry about. I saw kids, teens, adults (without children), and even some senior citizens with interactive wands. She did all of the wand stations and then decided she wanted to ride Forbidden Journey again.

After FJ we left the HP area and headed back into the rest of the park. C wanted to ride Kong. There was a wait time of 130 minutes. Thank goodness for express passes. EP also meant that we could avoid the scare actors. I do not like being scared, and really hate having people jump out at me.

2ewjn01.jpg

Kong was okay, and I’m glad we rode it, but I would never stand in line for 130 minutes for it.

Next up was Spiderman. We had a bit of a wait this time. There was some sort of technical issue with the ride that kept us waiting for about a half hour. I can’t believe I didn’t get any pictures of this ride.

After Spidey, B really wanted to ride the Hulk again. It seems like only yesterday she wouldn’t get near a roller coaster. C was not feeling up to riding it again, so we told her that if she wanted to ride she had to go by herself. A couple of years ago she wouldn’t have done it, but today she was happy to go without anyone.

2n09gjl.jpg

s1kbkl.jpg

At this point C and i were both feeling our age and decided we waned to go back to the hotel and rest a bit. First though, we wanted to do some shopping. I bought a Ravenclaw hoodie for myself, and C got more pins. I also picked up some HP Christmas ornaments. When B was born I started a tradition of buying 2 identical ornaments. One would go on our tree, and the other would be placed in a box for B. When she moves out on her own I will give her the box, and she will have a nice starter set for her first Christmas tree. I try to get an ornament that matches something that was significant to her that year. She has Elmo, Disney princesses, a panda, a clarinet, and others that I can’t think of right now. This years ornaments are Hogwarts house banners. I didn’t take a picture, but found this online.
faajiq.jpg

Since B and I are both Ravenclaw it worked out perfectly. I purchased two - one for the tree and one for her box. I also bought a Slytherin one for C.

While we were shopping I found this display which I thought was amusing.
2mmfihi.jpg

We went back to the hotel for some rest. B and I napped while C went to visit the hot tub.

Tonight we had dinner reservations at the Hard Rock Cafe. B fell in love with HRC when we went to one in Washington DC when we were there for a Girl Scout event. I’m not sure what happened tonight, but the food took forever. I think our order must have gotten misplaced somewhere in the kitchen. Our server was extremely apologetic and the manager comped a dessert becasue of our wait time. Thankfully the food was good and we had no place else we needed to be that night.

After more pin shopping ( I lost count on how many he bought.) we headed back over to Universal to see HP at night. I tried to get some picture of the dragon, but it was just to dark. I really needed a tripod if I wanted to get a good picture. We wandered around until closing time and then went back to our hotel. Tomorrow would be our last day. :(

You’re a great mom to buy the ornaments in twos

B will have a nice collection by the time she moves out

It gets worse. She has adopted my tradiation of shopping for the Hallmark ornaments when they go on sale the day after Christmas. (I have a bit of an ornament addiction.) She may have enough to decorate a whole tree when she moves out.

It gets worse. She has adopted my tradiation of shopping for the Hallmark ornaments when they go on sale the day after Christmas. (I have a bit of an ornament addiction.) She may have enough to decorate a whole tree when she moves out.

I started collecting Hallmark ornaments at the After Christmas sales too...very addicting...meanwhile, almost 20 years and countless boxes later, I think I have enough for five trees.

Not sure how i missed this lol. Great pics and how nice to get balloons for your BD @ RPH.

Didn’t have a chance to see the tree in the hotel lobby, so glad you posted it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter