• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50's PT dilemma... WWYD?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation for 8 at 50's PT for a 4:00 dinner. Our number has changed and it will only be 7 of us. I can't get a reservation for 7 for dinner. The lastest I can get is 3:45 - but that's still lunch.

Should I keep the reservation for 8 people and just show up with 7?

OR

Should we take the one for 7 people at 3:45 and hope we can order dinner? (Dinner starts at 4.) We really don't want to order from the lunch menu. :guilty:

Keep the reservation for 8. Going from 8 to 7 shouldn't be a big deal. If you were going from 8 to 6 or 4 it might be different.

Since your ADR is at 3:45 doesn't mean you will be actually seated at 3:45. It is a good chance that by the time you are seated and have a chance to look over the menu, it will be after 4.

Another one for Keep It, especially if you've read the post above about parties of 7 (well, it may be below now :p, but it's there!). The Disney ADR system (both online as well as via CM) sometimes has issues with odd numbers (I've seen it personally with several different combinations (1s and 3s myself, and reports of 5s and 7s as well). When I booked my failed Feb Solo trip, the CM actually made them all for 2 people as she knew about this.

So, yes, keep what you have.

Keep it. Don't worry. I imagine people get sick or tired and parties are missing one or more of their guests all the time.

Keep the dinner ADR! Going from 8 to 7 is no big deal! We've had a similar thing happen before, except it was a party of 10 that went down to 9 because someone was sick for a couple of days. No worries at all! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter