!

sharonga

Earning My Ears
Havent been to Disney since 1987, SORRY
Hubby and I are taking grandaughter, as we took our own. Only thing is, can only take granddaugther in the summer. I am not a heat person. I know, I know, what am i doing. Love Disney so much, hoping there will be a way of dealing with heat.

Please, what is the best shoes (sneakers) to wear?? Socks or no socks????

We figure on going early in morning and early evening, and spending rest of the time in the pool.

All advice will be gladly accepted!!!!

Where socks and comfortable sneakers. Also spray anti-perspirant on your feet. It keeps them from getting sweaty and forming blisters. I was there for 12 days last July and never had a blister. (That was one of the best tips I received off of this board.)

Also try to get a small mister fan. We found small ones that fit around your neck at Wal-mart, and they were wonderful.

Have fun and stay cool.:D

Personally I like Teva sandals. They are the BEST!! They are just as, if not more comfortable than sneakers, and since there sandals, you feet don't sweat at all and it makes me feel cooler. You can buy them at most shoe stores that sell sneakers.

I would also vote for the Teva sandals. Another benefit of the sandals is that they are waterproof. Therefore, you don't have to worry about your socks getting wet when you go on water rides (Splash Mountain, etc.) And if they DO get a little wet, they dry in a hurry! :cool:

make sure you do not wear black! i made this mistake in june and was suffering the whole day - it felt 10 degrees hotter than it was!

definately buy a squeeze breeze. we got ours for $6 at target and my fiance claimed it was the best $6 he'd ever spent! :)

Go as early as possible in the summer. If school is the reason, go as soon as she is out of school. We went this year in early June and would not hesitate to go again at that time. Crowds were low and the heat wasn't as bad as it can be. Had 1 day that it was too cool to swim, if you can believe that. Good luck.

I think Teva's are really nice sandals, unless you have high arches like I do. I bought a pair of Teva Circuits but they killed my arches. If you have normal arches they are great. Be sure to look for a style with padded straps and an adjustable rear heel strap.

For a good supportive tennis shoe, try Easy Spirits. If you have one near you, go to a regular Easy Spirit store. (They are having a big summer sale right now). Their tennis shoes are rated 1, 2, and 3.....3 being the more supportive shoe with better padding and arch supports. I bought a pair of these a few months ago, and just bought a second pair yesterday. I have terrible feet (heel spurs on both feet), and I made it through a day at a local amusement park without my feet hurting.

Socks or no socks? Do you mean with sandals or tennis shoes? I would say definitely wear socks with your tennies with all of the walking you are going to do. Someone already mentioned the spray deodorant tip. Also buy some Dr. Scholl's moleskin to take along with you. Precut some different size strips off it and put it in your fanny pack, pocket, or whatever. If you feel a "hot spot" on your foot, stop and apply the moleskin to it before it develops into a blister. This stuff is great.

squeeze breeze botlles are on sale at www.target.com in the clearance area. They use to be $6.50 not they are $4.80 plus shipping and no tax. Saves on gas looking for them ,and if you put ice water in them its the best.

squeeze breeze botlles are on sale at www.target.com in the clearance area. They use to be $6.50 not they are $4.80 plus shipping and no tax. Saves on gas looking for them and if you put ice water in them its the best.

squeeze breeze botlles are on sale at www.target.com in the clearance area. They use to be $6.50 not they are $4.80 plus shipping and no tax. Saves on gas looking for them and if you pput ice water in them its the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter