7 pm check-in ??

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
We're arriving at MCO about 6:15 pm. Staying at Polynesian. We're already booked FT pkg. My question is....might we be better off staying that first night at an AllStars and moving over to Polynesian early Sat morning? I'm concerned about getting a lesser room due to later check-in time. Or would we be better off being at Polynesian and if we don't like the room, asking to have a different room on Sat morning? Since we are arriving on a Fri night I thought maybe more folks would be checking out on Sat and more rooms might be available that day.

I'd be curious about the answer to this as well. Our flight arrives at 10:30 pm on a Friday night & I'm considering an aiport hotel for the 1st night for the same reason.

For ME, I would stay in a "more reasonably priced" hotel for that short night. You pay big $$$$$ for the Poly and you wouldn't even get to use the amenities. You would pay high dollar to sleep. Of course, on the other hand, you'd be unpacked and ready to start your first day early.

We have checked in at all different times from 9am to 1am and everything in between. We have enver waited for a room and have always gotten a great room (except at the Swan) with everything we want without ever having faxed a room request. I would never want to stay outside but would would want to get right into the middle of the magic.

Honestly, I wouldn't be concerned about getting a bad room! If you're unhappy, you can move the next day.

However, since you are getting the FT package, and the passes are included, it might be worth staying somewhere else Friday night and checking into the Polynesian saturday so you get the full day on your passes.

If you are planning on 7 nights or less at the Poly I wouldn't bother with moving, since the FT package won't cost you any less if you cut a day off. Does that make sense? If your stay was 8 nights I'd change it to 7 and make the first at the all stars. But if it's 7 or less, you won't save anything by doing that, and will actually pay MORE, because you'll have to pay for the all stars night.

We are in a potentially very similar situation, the flights I'm pricing would arrive at MCO around 6pm, so I know we won't get to GF till after 7pm. I'm going to post on the theme park attractions forum as to suggestions for things to do.

My thoughts on it are this-

1. if I don't get a good room, I will move rooms the next day (if possible). My other thoughts on the room selection are, I'm at the GF, can any of the rooms really be that bad?

2. Being so close to the MK, I'm thinking that I will at least get to do a meal and fireworks on arrival. I have young children and they really won't be up to much. I thought maybe dinner at CRT or the character meal at 1900 Park Fare would be a nice start to the vacation and I'm still using up day one of the UPH AND the facilities of the resort.

3. Even if you arrive at midday, you check in and go straight to the theme parks, are you going to get 'value' from your Poly $$$$? (if you're thinking in terms of using the amenities). Granted it seems a waste of day 1 of the UPH, but remember, you will get to use day 8 of that "7 day for the price of 4" pass!

I'll be interested to see the responses on the thread.

Personally, I'd stay at an airport hotel-- if you go through priceline you can get a very, very nice 3 star for about $28, and it will mostly likely have free shuttle service from the airport. Tiffany can pick you up from that hotel the next morning.

Then you can check in early, and get the most out of your UPH.

We just booked our flight last night...leave Aug. 14th Chicago MDW at 5PM arrive at MCO at 8;37PM....(as of now...until ATA changes the flights.)

We will be checking in late, probably around 9:30 - 10: PM.

What we are going to do, as I would suggest to others if you are staying "on grounds" that first night.....call the resort 5-8 days before arrival and " request " what building / floor location you desire.

We have never arrived this late before, so its a first for us too. But we always call the resort directly with our request and have never been dissappointed.

I guess I was looking at it from several different view points. One of cost...If I'm paying $2496 for my stay (8 nights but paying for 5) I would think that I would save myself about $500 by cutting off one night and making it 4 nights get 3 free. I just can't see spending that kind of money just to say I'm in my room. If I can get an AllStars room for one night, they can get my luggage over to the Polynesian at some point the next day and I can have breakfast and go to the Polynesian and check in and get my passes, go to the park ,and then back over to the Polynesian to get our room later. It's just that by the time we get settled in it would most likely be about 8:30-9 and there's no way I'm going to the parks then. STill can't decide tho. Sometimes I think I could mess up a one car parade:rolleyes:

If you're booked for 8 nights instead of 7 I'd go for the cheap room on night 1! It's a real waste of the UHP.

If you can manage it, try to pack one small bag with "1st night" stuff. That way, you only have 1 bag to deal with for everyone when you're tired from travelling. We pack toiletries & clothes for the next day in this bag.

Also consider bringing swimsuits with you when you go to check in (leave the bag with bell services). That way, if your luggage gets delayed, you can still take a swim break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter