Disneyland Paris Princess Run - Cancelled!

I personally have no interest in a Princess themed run. But, as long as it does not replace what will be the 5th anniversary of the original Disneyland Paris run in September 2020, it might be a good thing! This may mean the Paris races are successful and will be around a while. In that case, it will also help split the load to help prevent overcrowding at any one event.

I hope those of you who run Princess at WDW will have an opportunity for a special Castle to Château medal!

very curious if there will be a pink C2C! coming to Paris this year for the 2019 race weekend to complete the C2C (fly out next week :D). I've already registered for the 2020 Princess weekend in Florida, so if there's a pink C2C medal happening, I am going to have to look into another visit to Paris ( much earlier than expected!! But if Paris is calling...)

I wonder if they will have more info or even the medals available at the 2019 race weekend expo next week

very curious if there will be a pink C2C! coming to Paris this year for the 2019 race weekend to complete the C2C (fly out next week :D). I've already registered for the 2020 Princess weekend in Florida, so if there's a pink C2C medal happening, I am going to have to look into another visit to Paris ( much earlier than expected!! But if Paris is calling...)

I wonder if they will have more info or even the medals available at the 2019 race weekend expo next week

EEEEEKKKK I cannot wait!!! :love:

They make very nice medals - I would say they are better lately than the regular disney ones. But, Paris in May is no better than Paris in September - I wish they made it earlier (I know Mother's day) - I hate being overheated in Paris where hotels barely have air conditioning.

They make very nice medals - I would say they are better lately than the regular disney ones. But, Paris in May is no better than Paris in September - I wish they made it earlier (I know Mother's day) - I hate being overheated in Paris where hotels barely have air conditioning.

Mother's day is on different days within Europe. In some countries its the first, some the second and in France the last Sunday in May (or sometimes June). It is more likely a good time with all the Spring breaks in Europe.

I do not agree that it is the same. The weather is usually better in early May than in late September. I already fear the possible rain we can get next weekend.

And the lack of American airco in Europe... You just have to learn to live with that ;)

Last edited:
Apparently the dates for the Disneyland Paris Run Weekend next year are September 24-27.

The distances are announced as well. It will be aimed more at children, I think.
Cinderella Challenge 5 *& 8 K
8K = From 9 years old.
5K = From 5 years old
1K = 5 - 12 years old
200m = 5-7 years old
100m = 1-4 years old.

The distances are announced as well. It will be aimed more at children, I think.
8K = From 9 years old.
5K = From 5 years old
1K = 5 - 12 years old
200m = 5-7 years old
100m = 1-4 years old.
Sort of surprising I think. 8K is an interesting distance too.

I’d love to see different routes pop up in future stateside races I did a 15k/8k challenge last winter and am doing it again in 2020

8K = From 9 years old.
5K = From 5 years old
1K = 5 - 12 years old
200m = 5-7 years old
100m = 1-4 years old.

Interesting. Curious where you found this as I'm not finding it anywhere?

I wonder how well this race weekend will sell. What I hear in international Disney Run France groups is that people from outside of Europe are already out, and also within Europe people find it too expensive to go for short distances. Others are happy that it will be more of a family event. And people who will go, but are afraid of more children participating there will be more accidents (unless the corral issues are solved). My guess is that it will sell out less quickly than the half marathon weekend.

Me and my friend are AP holders, so don't need park access etc. We have decided to go, but won't do club level and go for a cheaper hotel, though we will stay onsite. Probably also not arrive a day earlier. My friend is even thinking of talking her mother into participating, as the distances are shorter, and make it a girls' weekend.

I wonder if the 5K and 8K will be morning and/or evening runs. The downside of the current 5/10/half-challenge is the 5K at 8 in the evening, and the 10K at 7 the next morning. The short night is really what kills me.

I’m actually super disappointed with the course length if they really don’t have at least a 10K. I was planning my first trip to Disneyland Paris the week before and convinced my friend to change weeks because of the race.

Do you know when a formal announcement of the races and timing is expected?

I'm having a very mixed reaction. The Paris Half in 2017 was my absolute favorite Half course and I'd love to do it again, but the dates of this line up with my sister's birthday. We're also considering making it a girls trip with me, her and our mom and aunt. The shorter distances would make planning around the races easier and also participating if any of them (non runners) want to do the races. Still a LONG way to go for me (in Salt Lake) for such short races, but if it's part of a bigger trip it could be great.

I’m actually super disappointed with the course length if they really don’t have at least a 10K. I was planning my first trip to Disneyland Paris the week before and convinced my friend to change weeks because of the race.

Do you know when a formal announcement of the races and timing is expected?
I'm not sure, I think this year's half marathon weekend was announced at the Expo of 2018 as well. So I think this basically was it. Based on the picture it was already possible to pre-book at the Expo, I don't expect them to change the 8k into a 10k.

To be honest, I'm not sure what would be best for a first visit. If the May-run weekend is going to be as busy as the September weekends you won't see a lot of the park. On the other hand, the week before is a holiday week in most of Europe, so that will be busy as well. If you enjoy running, you might as well go the run weekend and add an additional day to enjoy the parks either before or after the runs to make sure you get enough park time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!