• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8/21 - 8/27 Dining Reviews.. YUMMY IN MY TUMMY (UPDATED 8/30)

sleepycor

Mouseketeer
4 adults on the free dining plan

POP CENTURY FOOD COURT
- I didnt realize we would eat here that often but we did and no complains because everything was so good!

Chicken Mediterranean, Chicken Curry and Beef, Bean and Bleu flatbreads were very tasty.. everyone enjoyed them

Chicken Strips w/Fries were nothing special but good and filling, tasted like the MCDs chicken strips which I always order when im eating at MCDs

Cheese Fries - OOP, they were SO good and cheap only 2.82 included tax, and they give alot! make sure u ask for the cheese on the side or else it will soak the fries, I dont like soggy fries!

Chicken Penne Alfredo w/Breadstick - we got this a few times because the sauce was very good and comes with a big piece of chicken breast.. the garlic breadstick was SO YUMMY!

Chicken Caesar Salad - I love salad and this is probably the best caesar salad i ever had.. also got this a few times

Meatball Sub - good, big and filling

Big Bowl Chicken Soup - it was indeed a big bowl.. very tasty and filling.. they put the soup and noodles together when u order them so the noodles are not overly soaked

Nachos Supreme - alot and filling.. very good

Macaroni and Cheese with cheddar crackers and apple sauce - OOP, wasn't that good, I expected it to be creamier

Desserts, all part of the dining plan - Twinkie Tiramisu.. was good but nothing, special, Ice cream milkshakes, YUMMY.. Mickey rice krispies, loved these.. Chocolate Marshmallow Cheesecake, very weird tasting cheesecake.. Veggie Sticks w/Ranch Dressing - very fresh.. Cupcakes, good but nothing special

overall I have to give POP FOODCOURT an A.. they had so many varieties and they were all very good tasting :teeth:

next Le Cellier...

I know what you mean about eating alot of meals at the Value resorts. This past Oct we ate alot of dinners at the POR food court and it was all very good.

:cool1: LOVE THE REVIEW! We will be there next April and their menu looked really good, lots of things we would like . I still want to try the Twinkie tiramasu ! Dgd just heard cheese fries and is HAPPY! :banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: :moped: :moped: :lovestruc :grouphug: :sunny:

Sounds good but I have to ask totally OT but where are you in the pic. It looks like Mexico???

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

We went to Le Cellier for lunch instead because I couldn't get a ADR for dinner! no surprise lol but it was still very good!

waited less than 5 minutes for our table which became consistent through out the whole week of table service! :wizard:

Breadsticks - Ate them all! and we didn't even have soup haha.. it was warm, fresh and yummy

Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kebab - small tasty piece of meat.. full of flavor

Shrimp Cocktail - not the best cocktail shrimp i've had but stilll good, i liked the wasabi slaw!

Prince Edward Island Mussels - this was a favorite at the table.. everyone thought it was the best appetizer and had the most worth! they kept fighting for it :rolleyes:

Light smoked salmon with rock crabmeat (dont remember the full name) - this was not on the allears menu but i dont recommend it.. though it sounded tasty on the menu.. it was definitely not.. the salmon with the crabmeat just didn't mix.. actually the crabmeat tasty funny itself.

Grilled Petit Filet - this is what i had because i thought this was the perfect size for me since i dont eat that much. it was very tasty but still not the best steak of the week (you will see later)

10 oz. New York Strip Steak - all 3 guys got this because they believe the filet was "too small" for them. they enjoyed their steak

Drinks - Frozen Daiquiri and Cappuccino Freeze -- very very tasty

Desserts - I was SO upset that they didn't have the Strawberries with Balsamic Ice Cream on the menu, I really wanted to try that but 3 of us got the sorbet sampler and it was a little too sweet for our taste but still good.. the 4th person got the creme brulee sampler which he declared "very very good, you must try!"

Service - was good but nothing special, we did not have any bad service throughout the week :wizard:

Overall grade - A-

next coral reef

It's good to see all those choices at POP. We always have plans for Le Cellier & Coral Reef. Can't wait to hear the rest.

we were late for our 8:00 dinner at Coral Reef.. got there around 8:20 but was still seated within 5 minutes. I still saw alot of people waiting in line. I heard it was over an hour wait. :confused3

We had the perfect view.. we were right in the middle view of the fish tank on the patio.. it was a joy looking at these fishies, sharks and the sea turtle!

Shrimp Cocktail - I dont remember how many shrimps there were.. it was around 4-6 and they were big ones.. they were tasty but the sauce was not the best but a minor complaint. We ordered two of these.

Calamari - I think this is new, it was not on the allears menu nor the restaurants menu but was suggested by our waitress. THIS IS A MUST! they are soooooo yummy and they are big rings of calamari. it was soft and chewy. I declare it the best calamari I ever tasted and I always order them whereever I am! We ordered two of them and was very glad we did :goodvibes

Pan-seared Crab Cakes - I declare this the best tasting crab cake I ever tasted (I love Coral Reef). it was no ordinary crab cake, it was huge and very very filling. Everyone thought this was the best dish of the night!

Grilled Mahi Mahi - He never had Mahi Mahi before and waited to try it, I told him I heard good reviews about it on the DIS and he liked it!

Grilled 12 oz. NY Strip Steak - 2 of the guys got this because it was bigger than the one at Le Cellier hahaha and they enjoyed it but wished they got the crabcakes instead

Desserts - 3 Chocolate Waves and a Butterscotch Creme Brulee.. the chocolate waves.. the best chocolate molten cake I ever tasted and it comes with white chocolate ice cream.. it cant get any better! :cheer2: The creme brulee was average though

Service - Very good, I loved our waitress.. she was friendly and helpful

Overall Grade - A+

extra note - we finished dinner around 10 while the park was closed, it was great to be one of the only ones strolling down the Epcot.. very nice!

next Grand Floridian Cafe

ctnurse said:
Sounds good but I have to ask totally OT but where are you in the pic. It looks like Mexico???

YES! it was at Cancun, Mexico.. PM me if you wanna know about the resort! :goodvibes

We got to Grand Floridian Cafe around 12:30, no wait of course since everyone else was still at the parks :thumbsup2

What a lovely resort.. hopefully i get to stay there one day!

Caesar Salads - very bland, POP's caesar was wayyy better

Crab Cake - it was okay, not great tasting though

Garlic Spinach Dip - this was the yummiest but very stuffing! you should definitely share this among a group

The Floridian Burger - 2 of the guys got this, it was HUGE but they said it was pretty good but expected it to be better

Cheeseburger - He finished most of it because it was also HUGE and said it was good

The Grand Sandwich - this was also SO HUGE!! but it was the best sandwich EVER.. I definitely recommend this but I suggest sharing.. the sauce on top was so creamy! we should of shared our credits on this meal! i hate wasting food even if its free lol

Drinks - three very berry smoothIes and one cookies and cream smoothie.. all very tasty but they were stingy about it.. it's in a small cup!

Desserts - Key lime pie, was very average.. Tiramisu.. the best I've had.. it was deliciously creamy.. and two chocolate fondue's which was counted only one dessert credit for each.. and was priced $5.99 but i didnt like the chocolate fondue, i guess because I'm not a fan of dark chocolate but the fruits that came with it was very fresh.

Service - SLOW... I expected better service from a restaurant in a upscale resort but the waitress was always disappearing for a very long time.

Overall grade - B

next kona cafe...

Thanks for the great reviews. I love the details and info about each item. I was wondering if you remembered your server's name at the Coral Reef? It's so nice to hear that you got great service there. Thanks.............Melinda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter