8 day trip to HRH and WL-Day 2 USE and Ripleys

mofred

Proud to be an American
Cast-Me-40 year old wannabe kid
Fiance (DF)-43 year old never was a kid:rolleyes:
DF's DS-19 year old, too cool to laugh out loud
DF DS-11, will ride Space Mountain, but not Tower of Terror
My DD-12 will do anything, anywhere, any time!
My DS-10 will ride the Hulk, but not Dinasaur

We slept a little later today. The benefits of the Express!!

Once again, it was beautiful! for a little while:rolleyes: No mistake on the ponchos today, though! We took the short walk from HRH over the Studios. What a pretty walk. I love that they have the plants and trees labled!

We did the walk around of the studios, hitting the attractions in order instead of rushing to the real popular ones. Another wonderful benefit of the Express. We did all the big names! Terminator (DS refused to wear the glasses). E.T. The other half of our group thought this was a stupid ride. Old FuddyDuddies:rolleyes: . BTTF-what a bumpy ride! More so than Star Tours, I think. Kids loved this! MIB is great! I scored awful, but I kept looking around at all the stuff an kept missing the targets. DF's youngest son did obscenely well. I think he spend way too much time playing videos:earseek:.

We stopped for a quick lunch on the "Boardwalk" at Amity and then rode JAWS. HINT-Do not sit on the back right side, you can't see a thing. I never got a good look at the shark. Kids told me he was burnt up at the end! :confused: I wouldn't have even known why if I hadn't seen the movie.

We did Earthquake and again had lousy seats towards the back :rolleyes:. I liked Kong and we had front row seats, but again, DS just has a problem with these creature things and didn't watch too much.

Twister was a really long wait even with Express! 20 minutes or so and then even more when we got inside. I didn't care for it too much and beware. You pretty much get a bucket of water thrown at your back from somewhere. Not one of us escaped it, even though we were not lined up in a row:confused: :rolleyes: .

The Nickelodeon Studios Tour was pretty neat, I think. We had a great guide and got to watch a "game show". DS wanted to be in this so bad, but he never got picked. However one older girl did and they asked her to point our her parents and pick one to join her. She picked her ederly father, who was none too pleased. This was a riot. He ended up being a pretty good sport and mom got lots of pics. I'll bet he never lives it down!

We did the HannaBarbera ride which is really silly for an adult. It would have been pretty good if it was not a cartoon though.

After that, we did another turn of the park, taking pics and shopping! DS bought a BTTF stubby pen and a HUGE Alien water bottle at MIB. DD bought a pack of pics and I bought a beer glass with the Universal Medalion on the front of it. I also bought a pack of postcards because my brand new Nikon broke with a roll of film stuck in it:mad: I'm hoping someone can get the film out, but who knows.

We went out to eat along I-Drive at a Chinese restaurant and took about a half an hour to get to Ripleys Believe it or Not about 4 blocks away. What a mob scene on a Saturday night . The boys loved this place. I could take it or leave it. WORD OF WARNING if you go here. Do not bend over to look in any holes and do not make any silly faces into a mirror. There are eyes everywhere :earseek:

Conclusion: Always have a spare camera.

While they can be expensive (could make a run to Wal-Mart for savings), those disposable cameras are a life saver for when your real camera breaks.

My daughter loved the Ripleys in Chatanooga. Maybe I'll add this to the to do list. Thanks for the report!
Riverview :smooth: :bounce: :p :bounce: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter