8 Days in Alaska: A Trip Report (6/26-7/3/17) with a Side of Banff and Seattle * COMPLETE

Thanks for taking the time to write your trip report. Would love to read about your adventures in NZ and Australia when you return :)

Love your report - what a trip!! Yes, please post about Australia - my kiddos have informed me that's where they want to go next after Iceland, so we're considering it.

Just re-reading your trip report since I leave on the new itinerary next week. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Even looking at the clothing in the photos is helpful to consider what to pack. Maybe I missed the details earlier, but how did the laundry work in Denali?

Just re-reading your trip report since I leave on the new itinerary next week. Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Even looking at the clothing in the photos is helpful to consider what to pack. Maybe I missed the details earlier, but how did the laundry work in Denali?
Has the itinerary changed since last year?

Sayhello

There are several washers and dryers on the bottom floor of the hotel. I think they were coin operated and there was a coin machine there. Also single-serve laundry detergent available there. If I remember correctly the dryers were a little on the weak side so maybe don't wash jeans - just undergarments, quick dry stuff, etc. We had a full afternoon of on our own time while there and it was easy to get a quick load in.

There are several washers and dryers on the bottom floor of the hotel. I think they were coin operated and there was a coin machine there. Also single-serve laundry detergent available there. If I remember correctly the dryers were a little on the weak side so maybe don't wash jeans - just undergarments, quick dry stuff, etc. We had a full afternoon of on our own time while there and it was easy to get a quick load in.
Yes, Blues Traveler has got it right. I had pretty good luck with the dryers but I think I did two cycles. There are 3 machines and 3 dryers on the first floor. I put my items in before dinner on arrival day and pulled them out late that night. That worked really well. It's a nice laundry facility and we REALLY needed it by the time we got to Denali.

Have a WONDERFUL time. This is one of our all time favorite trips and ABDs. Alaska is really amazing.

Thank you for your trip report. I have been going over it as we are doing this trip in August. Could you tell me what the weather was like? As someone who is always cold, I will definitely be taking layers, just not sure how heavy I need to go. The tips on the laundry are great as I was planning to make use of the guest facilities. Any tips on items you found most useful to bring (besides bug spray)? I appreciate your review of your time in Banff as well. The Canadian Rockies is on my list in the near future and reading about your experience has pushed that up a bit.

Thank you for your trip report. I have been going over it as we are doing this trip in August. Could you tell me what the weather was like? As someone who is always cold, I will definitely be taking layers, just not sure how heavy I need to go. The tips on the laundry are great as I was planning to make use of the guest facilities. Any tips on items you found most useful to bring (besides bug spray)? I appreciate your review of your time in Banff as well. The Canadian Rockies is on my list in the near future and reading about your experience has pushed that up a bit.
I am always cold, too. Layers are the way to go. I wore jeans and a sweater with a T-shirt underneath most days. The guides will have bug spray but it is a great idea to have your own. A good rain jacket and water proof shoes are a must, too. Have fun! Like I said, it is a great one!

I am always cold, too. Layers are the way to go. I wore jeans and a sweater with a T-shirt underneath most days. The guides will have bug spray but it is a great idea to have your own. A good rain jacket and water proof shoes are a must, too. Have fun! Like I said, it is a great one!
Thanks for the info. I am getting very excited. I need to start getting things together. We leave in less than 2 months!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts