9/11 ~ Are you okay?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all, I've just been on the verge of tears all day. I am surprised about it because I've been preaching we should always remember, but need to get on with it. However today, I am a big marshmellow. What will tomorrow be like? How are you feeling? S

Actually, I was watching a special on tv about the 9/11 anniversary and I thought I would be fine and then they played a recording on an answering machine from one of the people aboard flight 93, saying good-bye to his wife and I totally LOST it!!

Tomorrow should be interesting...I work at airport security and Air Canada has already cancelled 8 of their flights for tomorrow. I am sure everybody will be extremely nervous about travelling tomorrow. I was trying to keep the mood nice and fun today and was joking around with all my passengers...seemed like most people were in a pretty good mood all things considered.

When we flew to MCO in April I wasn't nervous at all to fly. It's out of my hands when my number is up.

I need to go to my dd's school to pick up forms tomorrow but the Principal told me that they will play a song of remembrance and have a moment of silence. I think I would lose it in front of 600 kids, not a good role model. So I think I'll stay home until announcements are over and then go to school. DD's school staff are as emotional as I am. It will be a place of lots of hugs and kisses and that's the adults, not the kids.

A notice went home from school today explaining some things we can talk about with our kids regarding 9/11. I brought the subject up with dd and she's over it. She is better adjusted than I am. S

It makes me really sad when I listen to the families and friends talk about loved ones they lost. Watching TV all day long doesn't help either ... but that's what I do at work. Sometimes I want to cry ... but I have to take a deep breath and I have to remember that I'm at work. :rolleyes:

I agree ... I think tomorrow will definetly be interesting...

I am feeling profoundly sad. It kind of just snuck up on me over this past week. I watched one of the many specials on tv last night and am not going to watch any more...I can't. I bought pins the other day....the one with the two flags crossed...Canadian and American...one for all of my family. We will wear them tomorrow...to work, to school, we will remember in our own ways and will carry on.

United we stand

Marion

24 ladies came to yoga class tonight. Many of them wanted to relax because they have been stressing about tomorrow. Three ladies and I went for coffee afterwards. I love these ladies. They have been with me for years ~ it made me know how lucky I am to have great friends in my life. I also deeply value the friendships I have made on these boards. Just because we all met online doesn't take away from us getting to know each other and our families! THANKS! S

24 ladies came to yoga class tonight. Many of them wanted to relax because they have been stressing about tomorrow. Three ladies and I went for coffee afterwards. I love these ladies. They have been with me for years ~ it made me know how lucky I am to have great friends in my life. I also deeply value the friendships I have made on these boards. Just because we all met online doesn't take away from us getting to know each other and our families! THANKS! S

I'm most definitely NOT OK. I cannot believe how angry I still am, and how terribly sad I feel for the families of those left behind. I've asked my wife to make sure I don't watch any television tomorrow - I just cannot bear to watch any more, it's too painful. May God bless our American brothers and sisters, and all those who lost family and friends. God be with us all.

I'm torn between this weird need to watch all the shows today and not being able to without crying. I need to be at work today - there is a tv there - but I think that I won't be able to watch without crying so I will leave the tv turned off.

My husband owns an electronic repair centre and we have the picture of the Canadian and American flags in the store window with "United we stand" written under the flags. I had one of his customers complain very verbally to me on Monday that she was highly offended that we had that in our window as she "does not stand with the Americans". I explained to her that we got this shortly after 9/11 and that we still feel great compassion for what happened then. She hotly replied that "we should not be broadcasting our political opinions in our place of business" What do you all think?

I've had a migraine since yesterday because I've been trying to keep the tears back so that DD doesn't get upset. I tried not to watch the specials last night but it was difficult not to. My heart goes out to everybody that was affected.
As I sit here and read just the Cdn posts I'm getting teary eyed and that lump in my throat just doesn't want to seem to go away today.

May God let this day go by uneventful!

Janet

Very sad. When I dropped off DS's at school this morning my 13yo DS was listening to remmberances on the radio. When we pulled up to the school you could hear the bag pipes from the fire station next door. That made me cry. My DS will be doing a reading in church today at 130. All of my kids will be in masses in their schools today. I will attend the 130 mass to see my son read, Im sure I will cry like crazy. Its a very sad day. What a way to show kids what the world is really like. How fast they have to grow up now.

Very sad :( I thought I would be ok, but today when I got to school and saw the flag at half mast started it. Then we had a moment of silence at school, followed by the song 'From A Distance'........that was it I cried all over again, as did many of the teachers. The hardest part came though when I had my developmentally delayed group in my resource room, and one of the kids asked me why it all happened. He said why can't we all just love each other. It was a hard day :(

I needed to go to dd's school 9/11 but they were doing a moment of silence and a song too, so I chose not to go in. I went in today instead. S

Well honestly I hadn't thought about it at all till I came on here but it still doesn't bother me. I posted on the 9/11 thread awhile back but it is a dead issue as far as I am concerned yes alot of innocent people died and yes it was very unfortunate to have this happen. Mind you the US couldn't honestly say they weren't expecting something like this to happen to them afterall when you are a world superpower there are bound to be people and places trying to attack you in one way or another. I am sorry for the loss of life and the American and Canadian people that have to live with this everyday but it was bound to happen sooner or later. After all what is the best way to get at a countries government that would be to attack it's people and places directly and this is what they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter