• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9-26 "Wonder"ous Rainbow Over Nassau

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
<font color=navy>Morning all - I'm typing from the Wonder right now.

This is my first time to cruise, and oh, my gosh! What an experience!!!

Besides all the fun cruise stuff (which I'll include in my 3-day trip report), this morning I got up early, and when I realized that we would soon be nearing Nassau, I went up on the 10th deck.

I saw this sight I've never seen among the clouds before (it was a rainy night, so there are a lot of clouds all around). Peeking from behind these clouds and against the deep blue sky, I saw these bursts of color - blue, green, yellow, pink - there were two of them & beautiful! I hope my pics came out, though I know they won't do the view justice. At least, I have my memory.

As we neared Nassau, on the starboard side I saw this huge rainbow coming up from the town and over the sea. The closer we got, the bigger the rainbow until it was fully formed. As the ship turned to get into port, it was positioned right in the middle, so it looked like we had gone through the rainbow to arrive -- all it missed were the Mickey ears. ;)

It was a very beautiful sight, and a great way to start the day. :sunny:

Of course, I'm taking a bunch of pics, and will post them when we get back.

Happy Friday!!

What a special sight, MJ. I can't wait to see your photos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter