9 Dragons kids/secret menu?

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
My 8 year old is a super picky eater. As a general rule, I don’t fight with him about food while on vacation. That leads us to being super limited on where we eat.

I wanted to check out 9 Dragons or even Teppan Edo this trip.

I was wondering what the chicken on the kids menu is like. (He will eat the generic chicken nuggets at Disney, but nothing with sauce.)

Also wondering if either of these places may offer a “secret menu” like Ohana. (Ohana bought out hot dogs, French fries, and chicken nuggets for the kids that were not listed on the menu.)

Thanks in advance!

Not sure about a secret menu but you should be able to get the kids chicken without any sauce. They also have plain white rice. If all else fails, maybe let the kid eat somewhere else before you go and just order a dessert for him.

Not sure about a secret menu but you should be able to get the kids chicken without any sauce. They also have plain white rice. If all else fails, maybe let the kid eat somewhere else before you go and just order a dessert for him.
Thanks! Believe it or not the kid doesn’t eat dessert. I’m not sure where he comes from lol!
Any idea what the kids’ chicken is like? Are they the typical nuggets found throughout property? Or are they closer to traditional Chinese chicken nuggets?

I am in the camp of feed him before you eat then dine where you want. i totally get not fighting about food on vacation, but Is it really fair to everyone else to base all food choices on him? My sister was this way and my parents always tried to eat at least a few places she liked, and grab her food before places she didn't.

Thanks! Believe it or not the kid doesn’t eat dessert. I’m not sure where he comes from lol!
Any idea what the kids’ chicken is like? Are they the typical nuggets found throughout property? Or are they closer to traditional Chinese chicken nuggets?

They are traditional Chinese nuggets with the sauce on the side.

I have to ask - what are “traditional Chinese chicken nuggets”??????

🧐
The ones that have more of a soft breading on them, as opposed to the super crunchy ones that Disney usually serves at their restaurants. (Kid likes the crunch but has a weird texture thing with food, so he’d prob gag/puke at the soft ones.)

I’m doing a really poor description here, but I’m referring to the kind I’ve always had when ordering “sweet and sour chicken.”

The ones that have more of a soft breading on them, as opposed to the super crunchy ones that Disney usually serves at their restaurants. (Kid likes the crunch but has a weird texture thing with food, so he’d prob gag/puke at the soft ones.)

I’m doing a really poor description here, but I’m referring to the kind I’ve always had when ordering “sweet and sour chicken.”

hehe:rotfl:

I thought that's what you meant but it was just so funny to see "traditional" and "chinese chicken nugget" together. It's really traditional North Americanized Chinese chicken. (which I love, by the way!)

Can't speak for 9 Dragons, but I go to Teppan Edo every visit. The kids menu is the kids menu. I have never seen anything like chicken nuggets or hot dogs there. They make all of the food on the grill in front of you. It is like a Benihana experience or any other Teppan type restaurant. All the kids I have ever seen there have always enjoyed it. And my niece who was picky loved Benihana when she was a little kid and my nephews are excited to go to Benihana this Saturday.

Can't speak for 9 Dragons, but I go to Teppan Edo every visit. The kids menu is the kids menu. I have never seen anything like chicken nuggets or hot dogs there. They make all of the food on the grill in front of you. It is like a Benihana experience or any other Teppan type restaurant. All the kids I have ever seen there have always enjoyed it. And my niece who was picky loved Benihana when she was a little kid and my nephews are excited to go to Benihana this Saturday.

Teppan Edo is Japanese and the Japanese do have traditional deep fried chicken (chicken karaage!).

Teppan Edo is Japanese and the Japanese do have traditional deep fried chicken (chicken karaage!).

I have never seen the traditional deep fried chicken at Teppan Edo though. I just looked at the menu and did not see anything like that which matches what I remember.

I have never seen the traditional deep fried chicken at Teppan Edo though. I just looked at the menu and did not see anything like that which matches what I remember.

Because Teppan Edo is a teppanyaki style japanese restaurant where the food is grilled/cooked before your eyes it is probably less likely to have chicken karaage than say a japanese izakaya style restaurant - essentially a japenese pub. You could possibly find karaage at a japanese sushi or curry restaurant too. Just depends on the restaurant.

They have a deep fried breaded "chicken katsu" at the Japan pavilion QS location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!