Hi All. My Parents are taking our daughter on this cruise...I think its their 10th and her 4th? Anyway she is 9 and curious of any other kids around her age are here. She is soooo excited but Mom and Dad are gonna miss her.

For those going to disney aluani after the cruise, how are you getting there. I contacted Charley's taxi and they do not go to the pier. From their website they say it's a flat rate of 55 from the hotel to go to the airport. I know DCL will do port transfers but it's 40 bucks per person.
We're renting a car. Can't you just Uber? Probably about $50

Hi All. My Parents are taking our daughter on this cruise...I think its their 10th and her 4th? Anyway she is 9 and curious of any other kids around her age are here. She is soooo excited but Mom and Dad are gonna miss her.
can you please post 9 more times so you can receive messages

Who else is staying at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver it looks so convenient to get to the ship.

We aren't this time, but have in the past. It is a great location. You can't get any closer...
1753.JPG

This is the view from our room (early in the morning) back in July 2014.... the ship turned around and parked right by the sails outside. Also the FlyOver Canada attraction at Canada Place was fun, we enjoyed it before boarding the ship.

1755.JPG

This is the shipped docked at the pier... I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
anyone concerned about the coronavirus hitting Hawaii big time before we are set to sail? I am not ... YET

I assume that if there is a serious breakout that DCL would still cruise out of Vancouver, but go somewhere else ... Early Alaska or back down the west coast (Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco and back)

We are not concerned re coronavirus. We just booked today!! We are in a Navigator Verandah room. Deck 6. Just the two of us. Empty nesters nowadays.One son married, one engaged, and daughter w special needs in a group home she is enjoying. So just us!

Has anyone arranged a Fish Extender exchange? Is anyone interested in doing that? If no one has and there are interested families just pm me your ataeroom, first names and ages and I’ll start a FE exchange list and post it on the 19 th. That Gives 10 Days to create and pack exchange gifts.

Has anyone arranged a Fish Extender exchange? Is anyone interested in doing that? If no one has and there are interested families just pm me your stateroom, first names and ages and I’ll start a FE exchange list and post it on the 19 th. That Gives 10 Days to create and pack exchange gifts.
This group has very little activity but I will join if you get other responses

anyone concerned about the coronavirus hitting Hawaii big time before we are set to sail? I am not ... YET

I assume that if there is a serious breakout that DCL would still cruise out of Vancouver, but go somewhere else ... Early Alaska or back down the west coast (Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco and back)

Given that there have been confirmed cases in Vancouver and none in Hawaii I think it's a bit odd to be worried about an outbreak in Hawaii.

Given that there have been confirmed cases in Vancouver and none in Hawaii I think it's a bit odd to be worried about an outbreak in Hawaii.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/18/health/coronavirus-hawaii-japan-delta/index.html
and yes, Vancouver is just as likely to have issues with the virus as Hawaii. I also made the assumption that there is a higher likelihood of the virus reaching Hawaii and spreading. An I know that Vancouver is a major Pan-Pacific hub.

And yes, I am Odd. When people say to me "Howdy stranger!" I think "Stranger than What???"

Definitely concerned..... Disney is very conservative when it comes to stuff like this. Meaning that if they have any realistic concern that traveling to Hawaii could expose their guests, and in extension, their brand to the negative consequences of this outbreak, they will definitely consider re-routing. And that would really be too bad. We booked this itinerary specifically for the "island hopping" in Hawaii. I would not be interested in another itinerary.

All that said, I do not want to scare anyone. The trip is still over 2 months away and a lot can happen between here and there. But rest assured, DCL is closely monitoring this.

Definitely concerned..... Disney is very conservative when it comes to stuff like this. Meaning that if they have any realistic concern that traveling to Hawaii could expose their guests, and in extension, their brand to the negative consequences of this outbreak, they will definitely consider re-routing. And that would really be too bad. We booked this itinerary specifically for the "island hopping" in Hawaii. I would not be interested in another itinerary.

All that said, I do not want to scare anyone. The trip is still over 2 months away and a lot can happen between here and there. But rest assured, DCL is closely monitoring this.

Where do you think the would re-route to? Is there anywhere else to go?

Where do you think the would re-route to? Is there anywhere else to go?
We have had to skip ports on 2 cruises, 1st due to weather concerns which actually skipped 2 ports in a row and once to due violence in a town close to a port. the weather related one we ended up with an extra sea day and then ported at the last port overnight. The other one we just skipped the port and had an extra sea day. Disney is very good for keeping everyone safe and always has a backup plan ready if they need to make an itinerary change. This cruise is still quite a ways out so I'm not worried about.

We have had to skip ports on 2 cruises, 1st due to weather concerns which actually skipped 2 ports in a row and once to due violence in a town close to a port. the weather related one we ended up with an extra sea day and then ported at the last port overnight. The other one we just skipped the port and had an extra sea day. Disney is very good for keeping everyone safe and always has a backup plan ready if they need to make an itinerary change. This cruise is still quite a ways out so I'm not worried about.
Agree... it’s way too early to be worried.

I looked today and now there are over 80 rooms available for this sailing - Inside, Porthole & Veranda. This doesn't count any of the restricted guarantee rooms that have been sold but not assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter