Delete Thread

I'm very excited for that one! It was a little disappointing to cancel, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Hope so!

So far we're rescheduled for December! (But we'll be going to California). We're moving Chicago to June too, but we'll have to see how things go before we know if that one's for sure.

You too!

:wave2:

Anyone else kind of feel like they're living in a movie?

Yes. 100%. It feels so surreal.

Or that we wouldn't be able to find toilet paper...every store in our area is out :confused3

I just don't understand the toilet paper stockpiling.
I know they're passing things to try and get people paid if they have to be out of work, and where I work hasn't talked about shutting down yet, but I can't really afford to be out of work for weeks at a time.

I hope they work this out for you! I feel for the small businesses who are economically hurt the hardest during this.

I'm really excited for HHN, and would be really upset if things were delayed or cancelled.

Same. My heart can't accept it.

But what's everyone's opinion on this? Would you cancel if you had a trip planned the last week of April? Do you think my plan to move the trip is a better idea?
IMO, I don’t think the parks will be up and running by the end of April. Even if they we’re, I’d still be cautious about being around a large crowd of people (which it would still be a crowd even at 50% capacity). I’d rather be safe than sorry.. so I’d reschedule to December.

I’m hoping as well that things are relatively back to normal by September. Even if HHN needs to scale back a bit I’m sure creative could still pull something off that’s worth the trip.

I read an article today that China has finally had a few consecutive days of no new cases. Their first known case was December 10th... so just over 3 months to get to some resemblance of getting back to business. They also have 4x’s the number of people the US has. So I’m hoping that if everyone practices their social distancing and proper hygiene, we will be out of the thick of it by the end of April. But, I’m no medical professional so until then one can only hope!!

Anyone else kind of feel like they're living in a movie? Like when anyone planned their vacation this year did they think a pandemic would cancel it?

I completely feel like we are living in a movie - Contagion. Scary stuff. It's gotten to the point where regular movies and TV don't seem real because people are acting normally. Ugh. I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, but I think it was the right call. You have saved yourself another month of should I or shouldn't I, and it was probably a lot easier to get it done now than closer to the date.

Raeven I am so sorry to read about your job :hug:

That‘s awful, even if it’s expected. Will keep fingers and toes crossed they take you back on as soon as they can.

I think you did the right thing with your April trip, hard as it is to do. I wouldn’t want to be travelling April or May yet......of course some will. At least your mind is settled on what you’re doing now.

And that your December trip goes ahead too......what a shame if you need to cancel that one too......oh it’s dreadful what’s happening to so many people. But, glad to hear you’re doing ok.....it’s just awful.

I am glad to hear you got toilet paper!!!! There’s always a silver lining.......::yes::

As for HHN........it will go ahead.......they are carrying on and doing a lot.......plans are all coming together......we WILL make HHN this year........:wave2:

Today I saw something from Universal creative that said they're still working on everything remotely. I'd think the actual construction of the houses is a very small part of what they do every year so, so far everything is proceeding.

I saw that too! I was just happy to see anything posted about it because the complete silence was making me nervous.

I came in for an extra day over the weekend, and we had many, many calls from people angry at us because we didn't have inside info on when the government would choose to reopen things, and many people were having things called "furniture emergencies" that were definitely not emergencies at all. :rolleyes2

Oy people really have no sense of what an actual emergency is.

It's so hard for people like us on these boards that are such uber planners in such uncertain times.

I saw that too! I was just happy to see anything posted about it because the complete silence was making me nervous.

Yeah I was happy to hear that, and I've seen a few more tweets about them working on things since then. The first speculation map was also released yesterday which is exciting.

Oy people really have no sense of what an actual emergency is.

Nope :rotfl:

It's so hard for people like us on these boards that are such uber planners in such uncertain times.

It is! Aside from the HHN trip which I feel pretty confident is happening right now, our other two trips this year are iffy so it's really hard to plan anything for them.

Yeah I was happy to hear that, and I've seen a few more tweets about them working on things since then. The first speculation map was also released yesterday which is exciting.

i saw that too! I saw two different ones and one had a Billie Eilish house on it? I mean i have no clue what she’s saying in her song lol but seems weird

i saw that too! I saw two different ones and one had a Billie Eilish house on it? I mean i have no clue what she’s saying in her song lol but seems weird

I posted the one I saw in my post and yeah it was that one. That site was 100% right last year aside from one house that I think changed last minute due to a legal dispute. A lot of people were upset about the Billie Eilish house, but I can actually see that being pretty cool. (Although I kind of think like the Rob Zombie one last year it might make a better scare zone just because the songs are individual and not a unified story as far as I know). I haven't seen a lot of her videos, but I guess there's a lot of horror movie imagery in them so I feel like that makes enough sense. I like her music, but it can be hard to understand what she's saying sometimes because some of the songs are so quiet. :rotfl:

I'm so sorry you were laid off. I hope you will be able to maintain your job when this is all over :(

It stinks that your trips are so up in the air. It's such a tough time and it makes it harder not being sure if you have a trip to look forward to or not!!

Chicago Trip-11.5 weeks
HHN/Disney Trip-22.5 weeks
LA Trip-34.5 weeks?

So this week I've made Tiktoks, took a walk on the one day it wasn't raining or snowing (being outside in the middle of the day is weird :rotfl: ), watched the Tiger King, found a section of movies on Netflix that are like Lifetime movies (and are so bad they're amazing), and done nothing on my to-do list yet. :laughing: But I'm pretty sure we still have some weeks to go so I have some time. Josh is already off work through April 15th, and I haven't heard anything from my job.

View attachment 484556

View attachment 484557
(From our walk earlier this week).

I saw yesterday that they released the first HHN speculation map. Almost all the guesses last year were 100% right, and this map had Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and Haunting of Hill House houses as possibilities (among others) which I'd be very excited for.

View attachment 484558

Trip Planning

As you may have noticed the Chicago trip moved again. Flight prices are fantastic for booking into the summer now, but it made me a little nervous that, that might be because they aren't anticipating very much travel at that time coupled with Disney not being open for bookings till June 1st made me think I should push it out. It was supposed to coincide with a comp day at work, but I don't even know if I'd be working on the day I'd get the comp day for or what will be happening with my job if our store is closed for that long so I just pushed it out to my birthday week.

I still have to call about the Disney tickets, but I did hear back about the comedy show being moved. I couldn't reach anyone so I reached out to the Hard Rock Live's Twitter, and they got back to me and told me to e-mail them about a refund.

How exciting to see the alleged map......I hadn‘t seen it yet.......have to admit I did have to Google who the darn Billie Eilish was??

Never heard of her.....I guess I am getting old!!!

We’ve become Netflix junkies too......tried Tiger King but hated seeing the animals caged up, but jeez......what a weird show!!

Hope you hear better news about your job sooner rather than later......

THIS!!! Seriously, it is so hard not being able to plan any trips...let alone anything about life...for the foreseeable future. I think that is what is hardest right now all around. Normally a lot of my day is spent planning...planning for clients, planning for my own life...planning when to do what, and normally have a 4 month calendar up on my fridge at all times and enjoy filling it in and looking forward to things...and now it's just...blank and more blank other than the occasional Zoom meeting or virtual coffee with friends...oh I guess I can schedule in my dog walks now lol!!

Hope you are keeping well and sorry about the job!

Sorry to post on this thread but I know there are a lot of HHN people on here. I am in the same group as all of you, I don't write trip reports but like to follow along on yours Raven and I love to read Carole's and have talked to her. I was planning a trip for May 6-10th and thinking that it is going to have to be rescheduled, even if the parks open May 1st I am thinking there are probably going to be issues, etc. Thinking of going in October, but not a fan of HHN, as I get am afraid, so was just curious as to what the Universal parks look like during the day? Are there signs of the HHN around? I am sure the hours are shorter? Thank you ahead of time for advice.

Thank you for all the great advice Raven, it is all very helpful. As much as I wanted to be hopeful, I am with you, thinking it is probably best to cancel the trip at this point, as you said even if the parks are up and running it won't be what it normally is. Just never thought in a million years that we would be living in times like this, like you said I feel like we are living in a movie, I keep waking up each day thinking that it was just a bad dream.

That is good news about the HHN. I also forget that HHN is only at the Studios and not IOA, I keep thinking it is at both parks.

I hope things work out for you with your job, stay well and healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!