Delete Thread

There's also a Supernatural convention in Orlando the first weekend, and while obviously HHN takes priority, I'm really excited about that too. I've watched Supernatural for 10 years, but I've never been to a convention because they don't have them very close to where we live so it felt meant to be when I saw there was one in Orlando that weekend.
That would be fun to see it, especially since the show will be over by then!
Flights & Time off: We booked the flights as soon as we could which is always before I get my time off, but a lot of flights into California were more expensive this year, and I found a good deal flying into and out of the Burbank airport.
Burbank is such an easy airport to fly in/out of! Sure, there's not very many amenities in the terminal itself, but when I can arrive 30 minutes before boarding and casually park the car, make way thru security, stop for a pastry, and still have time to relax before the flight, you know that's a good option! And LAX right now is just a nightmare because of the construction, which is worse than usual!
I have the Hotel Indigo in Downtown LA booked for the first few nights
Haha, that is literally 2 blocks from my office! Though you will be there on the weekend, so it wouldn't matter anyways!
I'll probably buy DL tickets soon, but I was deciding if we were doing 2 or 3 days. I'm leaning towards 2 now so we can see some other things, but haven't fully decided.
You could always buy 2 days and add on a 3rd day if you feel like it.
Huntington Botanical Gardens
Definitely recommend this (it's relatively close to my house). My mom volunteers there, so if you wanted, she would be happy to sign you in for free and if you wanted, give a mini tour. She does tours for elementary school groups and last weekend she actually took our neighbors to show them around (but she is also cool with just signing people in without a tour).

If your readers get to vote in which other attraction you do, I say do the Ringling museum
( and take pictures of it to share with us)

Oh Raeven that would have been quite a change!

I know the flight you are isn’t the best, but sounds slightly better than their first option! And good to know you didn’t have to cough up any extra bucks for their changes!!!

Will keep hopeful you manage the extra little trip......you never know!

Some lovely food choices up there......I thought you had eaten in Strong Water before? I’m maybe thinking of someone else......but, yes, plenty of lovely places to choose from. And really hope you enjoy Confisco......:thumbsup2

but then I looked at my PTR from last year, and I hadn't even worked out our April plans in March yet so now I feel like I am actually on top of things. :rotfl:
:laughing: See? You're WAY ahead of things!

As I think I mentioned in my intro (I'm too lazy to go back and check), there's a Supernatural convention that first weekend in Orlando
Yes! I'm certain I remember this, too, so you must have!

Ringling Museum
As I remember talking about when you were planning this originally, this place definitely has my vote! I loved it!

This was frustrating because they didn't even try to contact me about the changes, they just changed it. So now we had 2 layovers instead of one, would be on the plane an additional 5 hours (about double our flight), get in later, and all the other flights into and out of California at the same time were now 500+ per person. It also wouldn't let me make any changes on the computer, so I had to call them to see what I could do. The person on the phone told me they had been rebooked as 2 separate one ways?
:headache::confused3

Southwest can be frustrating sometimes, but they've always been good to us in regards to fixing things, and we've never had to pay any additional fees when something like this has happened.
I'm glad that it worked out, but geez. I would have been super frustrated, especially having to get on the phone and handle it.

Ugh, that sucks about the flight! At least you caught it ahead of time and not when you went to check-in!

For LAX, don't know if you heard about their Uber/Lyft situation. Basically, you can't get picked up from the terminal directly. Instead you have to get a shuttle to a satellite lot where all the rideshare vehicles (and regular taxis) get sent. It can be a big annoyance - sometimes people get lucky and can immediately get a shuttle and car. Other times you may have a 30-45 minute wait. (Just to be aware of once you arrive!)

Are you going to Mardi Gras?

OMG I hadn't even considered this...I know so little about the Universal goings on...I will have to look...does it say the dates on the site? Is it just a parade or is there more Mardi Gras stuff?

On a selfish note, I'm happy you're going back to California because we're planning a trip for September and reading your trip report from last year helped me a lot so far!

Ugh that flight situation is so frustrating. Good thing you checked and they were able to fix it but it just seems like the least they could do was send out an email about the change!

On a selfish note, I'm happy you're going back to California because we're planning a trip for September and reading your trip report from last year helped me a lot so far!

Ugh that flight situation is so frustrating. Good thing you checked and they were able to fix it but it just seems like the least they could do was send out an email about the change!

Oops! Not sure why this quote double posted.

Haha, I’m glad I could help!

It was! And the app says they notify you, but I never got any email or text about it. Although I have that issue with them sometimes with other things too. I always put my number and to text about delays and for some reason they’ll send it to my email instead or send nothing. I’ve gotten to the airport before, and then heard about a delay.

It was! And the app says they notify you, but I never got any email or text about it. Although I have that issue with them sometimes with other things too. I always put my number and to text about delays and for some reason they’ll send it to my email instead or send nothing. I’ve gotten to the airport before, and then heard about a delay.

That's so frustrating. You'd think these big companies could get their IT to work appropriately lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!