Delete Thread

Ooo yay, it looks amazing! I've looked at Joysticks before and it seemed cool, but the Halloween theme works even better for me.

I had Joysticks on my list too lol and the Christmas themed bar but the Halloween theme 100% is more up our alley!

It's really fun there! We didn't get to a ton of places the last time I went, but Shedd Aquarium was my favorite.

That's on my list of places for whenever I finally make it there lol

We also celebrated my sister's 17th birthday a little early:

Happy Birthday!

So after my last post I immediately got on purchasing those Disney tickets...er I purchased them literally 12 hours before my FP's.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Whatever gets the job done!

but that changed when I saw FP's still available the next day for MMRR.

Oo that's awesome. Gives me hope for getting one for May.

Does anyone know if I can make FP's on those for before the event starts?

Yes!

Still waiting on that first HHN announcement....

Same! I wanna know something already!

Glad your dad has no permanent damage to his foot, nerve damage is a big worry.

And a :bday: to your little sister......:cake:

Yes, we need something to be revealed about HHN this year......cannot wait!!

Chicago/Orlando Trip-6 weeks?
HHN/Disney Trip-26 weeks

So since I last posted 2 weeks ago, things have certainly changed....

View attachment 480993

Anyone else kind of feel like they're living in a movie? Like when anyone planned their vacation this year did they think a pandemic would cancel it? At this point I've had vacations cancelled by hurricanes, delayed due to unpredictable weather, and I even had a piece of my car break off right after I committed to a last minute trip, so I thought I'd seen it all.

View attachment 480995

Because of the time of year I didn't really expect to have any problems or issues with this vacation, and even when we first heard people were getting COVID-19 in NY; I didn't think things would get so crazy, so fast. And 2 weeks ago, I never would've thought the parks would close. (Or that we wouldn't be able to find toilet paper...every store in our area is out :confused3 ).

I'm very doubtful in 2 weeks everything will be completely back to normal, and my guess is a lot of closures will be extended longer. I also think that when the parks do open again they might not be running at 100% (same with a lot of places). I'm also a little bit concerned about my work closing during this period. I know they're passing things to try and get people paid if they have to be out of work, and where I work hasn't talked about shutting down yet, but I can't really afford to be out of work for weeks at a time. We're a small local business so I don't know what the plan is. I've been seeing a lot of stuff online with people telling others they're risking everyone's health if they don't stay inside, but I wish they'd consider that a lot of people don't have that luxury, and can't afford to not work for weeks. (Josh works for the town so I have a feeling he'd get paid, and it seems less likely they'd close down the town services).

April Trip

So far our trip is still scheduled, but I'm 90% sure we'll be cancelling this week. Also we've already paid for quite a few things, and if I am out of work the hotel payments/deposits are quite a bit of money and would be helpful (I paid for one hotel in full with Orbitz). We can reschedule our 1 day ticket to Sep (I didn't add on the extra day yet). I also bought After Hours tickets which I now wish I'd held off on. I don't know what they'll be able to do about those unless the park is still closed on that date. I also think the comedy show we planned to go to probably won't refund us until the event is actually cancelled, but I do have insurance on those tickets. I can use the flight credits for when we move the trip too. I haven't cancelled yet because I have until next month, and I don't want to call Disney about the tickets while everyone is trying to reschedule their trips for the next 2 weeks. But we've been talking about it, and I'm pretty sure that's what we'll end up doing.

My plan right now is to move Chicago to June (I get a long weekend the first week). Flights are cheaper for those days than usual for Chicago, and that way we can go near(ish) my birthday. Our second trip will have to move to December. (I've thought about moving the whole trip to June, but I haven't really come up with a plan for that yet). I don't have a big selection of weeks to work with because other people at work might have selected them already, and Oct/Nov are blackout periods. When when we started planning, a Dec trip was something we considered. If we move to Dec we could still go to FL (Would probably split things between Miami and the parks), or we could go to LA/Disneyland since that was my idea for next December.

But what's everyone's opinion on this? Would you cancel if you had a trip planned the last week of April? Do you think my plan to move the trip is a better idea?

View attachment 480996

September Trip

I don't think trips from the summer onward will really be affected (though I could be wrong). So I'm hoping HHN won't be affected. I'm really excited for HHN, and would be really upset if things were delayed or cancelled. I'm not upset about having to reschedule this April trip, but HHN is what I look forward to most every year.

Sadly, I think we've also decided not to do the Supernatural convention. We would have to buy the tickets relatively soon, and I know there were some restrictions and cancellations with conventions before anything else. It's a lot of money for one day, and then to have it possibly get cancelled doesn't seem like a great idea. I'm also pretty sure our ADR's already opened for September too, but I honestly haven't been thinking about that, and I don't have our days planned out yet.

:wave2:

HHN 30 WILL proceed and I WILL be in attendance..........

So will YOU!

Raeven, I’m so sorry about your April trip.

For what it’s worth (I don‘t know anything really) but I think you’d be right to cancel April. At least it takes the uncertainty out of it for you and you’ll probably feel more at ease, well, as best as you can be. We are resigned to not travelling in May.

The eternal optimist in me would love to say move your whole trip to June, but......the realist in me wonders who quickly this will improve. It can’t go on forever.

We will be there in September.........::yes::::yes::::yes::

I refuse to think that’s not going ahead. It’s the 30th Anniversary......they can’t mess with that!!!

Sending hugs Raeven and best wishes on the job issue too, that’s got to be a huge worry.......:hug:

Anyone else kind of feel like they're living in a movie?
Yes. :faint:

But what's everyone's opinion on this? Would you cancel if you had a trip planned the last week of April? Do you think my plan to move the trip is a better idea?
Ugh, I really feel for you, Raeven. I think because I'm an anxious person and HATE uncertainty, I'd probably cancel/postpone the April trip just for peace of mind and not having to wonder for another month or so. I wish we all had a concrete idea of when this madness will stop so we can at least plan our lives again. My poor youngest sister lives in England and is set to come home next week with her bridal shower in April. If I were her, I wouldn't even try to fly home right now... it's all just so unbelievable still.

I don't think trips from the summer onward will really be affected (though I could be wrong). So I'm hoping HHN won't be affected.
I agree. I think this has to end by June... and certainly by September I think life will have returned to normal for sure.

Keep us posted!

I ended up cancelling today, and I'll do an update about that later this week. The money from the deposits was a lot to have tied up in a trip that didn't seem like it was going to happen. Also judging by the dates of some closures and recommendations, I don't think travel will be back to normal by then or that things will be open.
I think that was the right call - you'll now have peace of mind and won't have that added anxiety about the trip. There's already enough anxiety around all this already :sad2:

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Can she fly home with the restrictions in place? I wouldn't either.
Thank you :goodvibes As of right now, she's set to fly home. I think because she's a US citizen she has more flexibility getting back to the US. Still, what I imagine airports are like right now... I'd pass altogether on traveling! But I also get wanting to be home right now too. It's a tough call.

So sorry to hear about your April trip Raeven :sad2: hopefully everything works out with your job etc too. What a crazy time. You're right, hopefully everything is up and running again by September - it feels like such a long time away, my fingers are crossed for you!

I'm so sorry about your April trip, it really is crazy times right now :(

I honestly don't think things will be back to normal and you are probably better off rescheduling your April trip.

I really do hope by summer things are back to normal :(

You had some great trips and plans made.
and you should be able to count on your fall hhn trip being a go

life changes come up suddenly and we get disappointed when we have to reroute our etched in stone plans

Luckily you have Orlando set up for the fall

Surely by that time period, things will lax off and it will be a carefree fabulous trip for you

Hope one of your earlier trips can be back in your plans

I know it is disappointing to scratch a few of your trips but your planned later ones should be on schedule as you have planned

wishing you the best!

and you should be able to count on your fall hhn trip being a go

life changes come up suddenly and we get disappointed when we have to reroute our etched in stone plans

I'm very excited for that one! It was a little disappointing to cancel, but not as bad as I thought it would be.

Surely by that time period, things will lax off and it will be a carefree fabulous trip for you

Hope so!

Hope one of your earlier trips can be back in your plans

I know it is disappointing to scratch a few of your trips but your planned later ones should be on schedule as you have planned

So far we're rescheduled for December! (But we'll be going to California). We're moving Chicago to June too, but we'll have to see how things go before we know if that one's for sure.

wishing you the best!

You too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts