Delete Thread

Halloween Cake Pop Fail

A few weeks ago, my sister and I, tried to make Halloween cake pops...and it didn’t go quite as planned :rotfl:

They were supposed to look like this:

View attachment 533851

And instead we got this:

View attachment 533852

:rotfl2:

Here’s the vlog:

(I’ll rate this one PG-13 for some language).

And I’ll be back later tonight to post about our first socially distanced haunted house in Denver!

:rainbow:

Just watched the whole vlog.........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You and your sister are so funny!!! And I have to ask.......was the blender saved........:lmao:

Those things are so resilient usually........have to admit I like the look of them, might give a similar thing a try but alter for a Christmas bauble maybe......small baubles.....how else do you change it from an eyeball!

That was fun to watch! Love your dad being so serious........lol......

Denver Mini TR

Art Museum & 13th Floor

We started Saturday off with some brunch plans at a restaurant called Urban Farmer.

MNSArB0l.jpg

I got the:

Avocado Benedict
crispy black quinoa

P4mFT8xl.jpg

This was really good, except for the fact that it wasn't very warm. The food came very fast, so I'm not sure how that could be, and it wasn't really cold either; but the temperature surprised me a little. The potatoes were crispy and well seasoned which both sounds and looks good, but my notes say "crispy, well seasoned, weird" potatoes. Your guess is as good as mine, as to why they'd be "weird". :rotfl:

View attachment 533967
(I googled "weird potatoes gif" and I feel like I should've known I'd just get nightmare fuel like this). :rotfl:

They seemed to have less gluten free options that we thought so Josh got a simple meal, but I don't think he found it too filling.

Farm Eggs
two eggs, crispy potato, toast, choice of: fennel sausage, bacon or shaved ham

2nOckeql.jpg

The waiter came over when we were done (with our portions that were rather small when you think of how large most American restaurant portions are), and said the following: "WOW! Good job! Clean House over here!"

View attachment 533968

This seemed odd, and more like something you'd say to children to praise them for cleaning their plates. :rotfl: I always think it's a bit strange when a waiter compliments you for eating your food. My friend and I, had it happen at Disney Springs on one trip too, and it became a bit of a running joke on that trip.

View attachment 533971

Some decor I liked in Urban Farmer:

p0n2jTBl.jpg

IVzevhyl.jpg

(I had to ask a guy eating at this table if he could briefly duck so I could take a picture of the sign which is the most awkward thing I've ever had to ask someone to do in public, but I do think it looks really cool so I suppose that was worth it :laughing:).

View attachment 533972

We were down the street from Union Station so we decided to check it out.

JZPOIiMl.jpg

We were disappointed to see many of the shops were still closed currently, and the ones that were open (since they're small) had a 2 customer limit. I saw an ice cream place that looked good, but sadly when we got closer we realized that was closed too.

And thus began my ice cream quest...:rotfl:

View attachment 533973

Actually at first I wasn't really looking. We walked back over to the area near our hotel where 16th St Mall is. (It's not really a mall, but more of a bunch of shops in an outdoor area). I did some shopping, but I was planning to maybe go to the candy store or something. Well the candy store was closed too. :sad2: But as we were walking inside a tiny area that had a restaurant, I spotted a gelato place!

I got the dairy free strawberry shortcake (which was ok but lacked flavor), and the chocolate fudge brownie (which was delicious) before we went back to the hotel.

ND58N7ql.jpg

Shortly afterwards we went to the Denver Art Museum.

This is what the building looks like:

AcvRfDcl.jpg

Some of the exhibits were closed, but there were still a couple floors of exhibits.

We decided this painting was definitely haunted.

50WWTLxl.jpg

Pretended Josh was scared of these knives:

6rJooesl.jpg

And I tried to get a picture of the view down the stairs, but my fear of heights did not like that idea.

sN5J5gtl.jpg

This was my favorite piece:

exz8qIUl.jpg

There was an exhibit on lights, that turned out to just be a gallery of different lamps...:rotfl:

View attachment 533974

o6mAlI3l.jpg

And some mirrors:

CcBchvKl.jpg

Hd1eR6ol.jpg

And the Terminator:

pUVGOKwl.jpg

The view from the top floor:

YXQyzotl.jpg

I have to say it was interesting to see, but as you can tell by my above pictures I don't think we're really art museum people as I don't think we were taking the art as seriously as everyone else :rotfl:

On our Lyft ride back to the hotel we got in a very interesting Lyft:

HxEf25Kl.jpg

He removed his passenger seat, and put a box around himself. :rotfl:

We didn't have a lot of time before our next stop so we Postmated some Shake Shack. This was my first time ordering off a real delivery app (the Insomnia Cookies place had their own delivery service in house). And the experience was actually much better than that delivery because we actually got the food handed to us. :laughing:

We each got a burger (though I think Josh had more patties on his), two order of fries, and cheese sauce for the fries.

qJ1hD7rl.jpg

It was all very good, especially the cheesy fries. :lovestruc I wish we had a Shake Shack closer to us.

Tonight we were going to Floor 13! This is a popular haunted house attraction in Denver, and unlike all the other attractions was actually opening that weekend (in early Sep). This would be our first socially distanced haunted house so off we went!

b5W6lc1l.jpg

I was surprised that it was in an area with warehouses and not in the middle of nowhere. :laughing: In upstate NY, it's pretty common for haunted houses to be in the middle of nowhere and to sometimes have to bus from lots to them because a lot of them are on farms/in more rural areas.

This was the first night, and we were actually some of the first people. This was also one of the only places that took our temperature the whole trip. Josh was wearing his Killer Klowns shirt, and made friends with an evil clown there.

qhZI9xGl.jpg

I was surprised at how good the houses were. They had some pretty good animatronics, and some cool details. There were a lot less scare actors though, and you really noticed it in some parts.

1P8hxMhl.jpg

We got through all the houses in less than a half hour (there were 3). My favorite was the Floor 13 house (you're trapped on floor 13 of a hotel), and my least favorite was the Bloody Mary house since they mostly used projected images of a character in a mirror, and I felt they could've done more with it (plus it was a weird take on the story with Vikings). We did get to really stop and look at the details though since we were basically by ourselves, and were being encouraged to take our time so we didn't bump into another group which was nice. The last house did smell a little strange, and I did move a little faster when I realized it reminded me of that terrible scent they had in Nightingales last year. :laughing:

The line when we finished:

37I4CCbl.jpg

Some cool photo ops:

ROxnFl5l.jpg

Khu7HeJl.jpg

Q2CbygPl.jpg

As we were leaving, we saw that for an additional price you could throw axes in this little building next door.

WPMqqoWl.jpg

Josh has done this once before at the Renaissance Fair, and he caught on rather quickly, and got a few to hit the target.

UxFLQuPl.jpg

Me on the other hand...:rotfl:

View attachment 533975

03kcBnUl.jpg

I was a bit scared I'd somehow find a way to hit myself with the axe as I'm a bit accident prone :laughing: The guy insisted he's never seen anyone cut their own head off by accident, but I'd be the first.

View attachment 533977

You're supposed to hold it one handed, but it was a bit heavy, and that made me nervous so I decided to two hand it, and just kind of chuck it away from me. The guy was patient, and I did get a little closer, but I did not hit the target with this method.:rotfl:

Next Up
I'll post the vlog from this day, (next week will be 2 Halloween ones). And the next post will be about my day with @amalone1013!

View attachment 533966

Wish I could give this post two "loves"!!!

My favourite update so far.......love love love the pictures.......the mirror ones are fabulous!!!

I agree about art.....some folks take it far too seriously. If we ever meet up remind me to tell you about one of our experiences in the Louvre! Oh dear.......there did look to be some nice items to see, but have to wonder about the lightshade part though.....

The haunted house looks a lot of fun. And not too busy which is good.....I`m with you on the axe throwing!!

To which he has the unfair advantage because I am never calm and not exhibiting any psychic powers stressed me out even more :rotfl:
:rotfl: You could be describing me as well!

Josh started with another weird salad
I have come to expect nothing less :laughing:

"WOW! Good job! Clean House over here!"
This SO annoys me when a waiter - or anyone - comments on how much I eat. Let's leave those types of comments for children under 10 who finish their brussel sprouts :sad2::laughing:

And the experience was actually much better than that delivery because we actually got the food handed to us. :laughing:
You mean instead of left randomly without explanation at the hotel lobby? :confused3;)

The guy insisted he's never seen anyone cut their own head off by accident, but I'd be the first.
:rotfl: I've seen these a couple times near where I live but have yet to try... I have 0% trust in myself that I wouldn't impale someone... or myself! :laughing:

Denver Mini TR

Art Museum & 13th Floor

We started Saturday off with some brunch plans at a restaurant called Urban Farmer.

MNSArB0l.jpg

I got the:

Avocado Benedict
crispy black quinoa

P4mFT8xl.jpg

This was really good, except for the fact that it wasn't very warm. The food came very fast, so I'm not sure how that could be, and it wasn't really cold either; but the temperature surprised me a little. The potatoes were crispy and well seasoned which both sounds and looks good, but my notes say "crispy, well seasoned, weird" potatoes. Your guess is as good as mine, as to why they'd be "weird". :rotfl:

View attachment 533967
(I googled "weird potatoes gif" and I feel like I should've known I'd just get nightmare fuel like this). :rotfl:

They seemed to have less gluten free options that we thought so Josh got a simple meal, but I don't think he found it too filling.

Farm Eggs
two eggs, crispy potato, toast, choice of: fennel sausage, bacon or shaved ham

2nOckeql.jpg

The waiter came over when we were done (with our portions that were rather small when you think of how large most American restaurant portions are), and said the following: "WOW! Good job! Clean House over here!"

View attachment 533968

This seemed odd, and more like something you'd say to children to praise them for cleaning their plates. :rotfl: I always think it's a bit strange when a waiter compliments you for eating your food. My friend and I, had it happen at Disney Springs on one trip too, and it became a bit of a running joke on that trip.

View attachment 533971

Some decor I liked in Urban Farmer:

p0n2jTBl.jpg

IVzevhyl.jpg

(I had to ask a guy eating at this table if he could briefly duck so I could take a picture of the sign which is the most awkward thing I've ever had to ask someone to do in public, but I do think it looks really cool so I suppose that was worth it :laughing:).

View attachment 533972

We were down the street from Union Station so we decided to check it out.

JZPOIiMl.jpg

We were disappointed to see many of the shops were still closed currently, and the ones that were open (since they're small) had a 2 customer limit. I saw an ice cream place that looked good, but sadly when we got closer we realized that was closed too.

And thus began my ice cream quest...:rotfl:

View attachment 533973

Actually at first I wasn't really looking. We walked back over to the area near our hotel where 16th St Mall is. (It's not really a mall, but more of a bunch of shops in an outdoor area). I did some shopping, but I was planning to maybe go to the candy store or something. Well the candy store was closed too. :sad2: But as we were walking inside a tiny area that had a restaurant, I spotted a gelato place!

I got the dairy free strawberry shortcake (which was ok but lacked flavor), and the chocolate fudge brownie (which was delicious) before we went back to the hotel.

ND58N7ql.jpg

Shortly afterwards we went to the Denver Art Museum.

This is what the building looks like:

AcvRfDcl.jpg

Some of the exhibits were closed, but there were still a couple floors of exhibits.

We decided this painting was definitely haunted.

50WWTLxl.jpg

Pretended Josh was scared of these knives:

6rJooesl.jpg

And I tried to get a picture of the view down the stairs, but my fear of heights did not like that idea.

sN5J5gtl.jpg

This was my favorite piece:

exz8qIUl.jpg

There was an exhibit on lights, that turned out to just be a gallery of different lamps...:rotfl:

View attachment 533974

o6mAlI3l.jpg

And some mirrors:

CcBchvKl.jpg

Hd1eR6ol.jpg

And the Terminator:

pUVGOKwl.jpg

The view from the top floor:

YXQyzotl.jpg

I have to say it was interesting to see, but as you can tell by my above pictures I don't think we're really art museum people as I don't think we were taking the art as seriously as everyone else :rotfl:

On our Lyft ride back to the hotel we got in a very interesting Lyft:

HxEf25Kl.jpg

He removed his passenger seat, and put a box around himself. :rotfl:

We didn't have a lot of time before our next stop so we Postmated some Shake Shack. This was my first time ordering off a real delivery app (the Insomnia Cookies place had their own delivery service in house). And the experience was actually much better than that delivery because we actually got the food handed to us. :laughing:

We each got a burger (though I think Josh had more patties on his), two order of fries, and cheese sauce for the fries.

qJ1hD7rl.jpg

It was all very good, especially the cheesy fries. :lovestruc I wish we had a Shake Shack closer to us.

Tonight we were going to Floor 13! This is a popular haunted house attraction in Denver, and unlike all the other attractions was actually opening that weekend (in early Sep). This would be our first socially distanced haunted house so off we went!

b5W6lc1l.jpg

I was surprised that it was in an area with warehouses and not in the middle of nowhere. :laughing: In upstate NY, it's pretty common for haunted houses to be in the middle of nowhere and to sometimes have to bus from lots to them because a lot of them are on farms/in more rural areas.

This was the first night, and we were actually some of the first people. This was also one of the only places that took our temperature the whole trip. Josh was wearing his Killer Klowns shirt, and made friends with an evil clown there.

qhZI9xGl.jpg

I was surprised at how good the houses were. They had some pretty good animatronics, and some cool details. There were a lot less scare actors though, and you really noticed it in some parts.

1P8hxMhl.jpg

We got through all the houses in less than a half hour (there were 3). My favorite was the Floor 13 house (you're trapped on floor 13 of a hotel), and my least favorite was the Bloody Mary house since they mostly used projected images of a character in a mirror, and I felt they could've done more with it (plus it was a weird take on the story with Vikings). We did get to really stop and look at the details though since we were basically by ourselves, and were being encouraged to take our time so we didn't bump into another group which was nice. The last house did smell a little strange, and I did move a little faster when I realized it reminded me of that terrible scent they had in Nightingales last year. :laughing:

The line when we finished:

37I4CCbl.jpg

Some cool photo ops:

ROxnFl5l.jpg

Khu7HeJl.jpg

Q2CbygPl.jpg

As we were leaving, we saw that for an additional price you could throw axes in this little building next door.

WPMqqoWl.jpg

Josh has done this once before at the Renaissance Fair, and he caught on rather quickly, and got a few to hit the target.

UxFLQuPl.jpg

Me on the other hand...:rotfl:

View attachment 533975

03kcBnUl.jpg

I was a bit scared I'd somehow find a way to hit myself with the axe as I'm a bit accident prone :laughing: The guy insisted he's never seen anyone cut their own head off by accident, but I'd be the first.

View attachment 533977

You're supposed to hold it one handed, but it was a bit heavy, and that made me nervous so I decided to two hand it, and just kind of chuck it away from me. The guy was patient, and I did get a little closer, but I did not hit the target with this method.:rotfl:

Next Up
I'll post the vlog from this day, (next week will be 2 Halloween ones). And the next post will be about my day with @amalone1013!

View attachment 533966

I love following yall's adventures.

Denver has been on our list for a while of places to visit so I was stoked to see your mini trip report on it here!

My favourite update so far.......love love love the pictures.......the mirror ones are fabulous!!!

Thank you!

I agree about art.....some folks take it far too seriously. If we ever meet up remind me to tell you about one of our experiences in the Louvre! Oh dear.......there did look to be some nice items to see, but have to wonder about the lightshade part though.....

That sounds like quite the story :rotfl: The lamp exhibit was quite large too, it was interesting...

The haunted house looks a lot of fun. And not too busy which is good.....I`m with you on the axe throwing!!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun! :laughing:

I have come to expect nothing less :laughing:

:laughing:

This SO annoys me when a waiter - or anyone - comments on how much I eat. Let's leave those types of comments for children under 10 who finish their brussel sprouts :sad2::laughing:

I always wonder if they think it's a compliment or if it's their weird way of commenting on how much you've eaten and how fast. :rotfl:

You mean instead of left randomly without explanation at the hotel lobby? :confused3;)

I laughed so hard at this :laughing:

:rotfl: I've seen these a couple times near where I live but have yet to try... I have 0% trust in myself that I wouldn't impale someone... or myself! :laughing:

That's what I think will happen too!

I love following yall's adventures.

Aw thank you!

Denver has been on our list for a while of places to visit so I was stoked to see your mini trip report on it here!

That's awesome! It was a really fun place.

The art museum looks cool but I don't think I'm an art museum person either because I wouldn't have taken it seriously either.

I went axe throwing once and I had the same fear you did lol. I didn't injure myself somehow but I also was awful at it.

The art museum looks cool but I don't think I'm an art museum person either because I wouldn't have taken it seriously either.

It was so hard not to laugh at some of the things people were being very serious about!

I went axe throwing once and I had the same fear you did lol. I didn't injure myself somehow but I also was awful at it.

Lol we should just not hold or throw axes ever :rotfl: It's hard to properly throw something when you're focusing on not cutting your own head off.

Enjoy this rack in the Adidas store with clothes that look like they were made by accident. :rotfl:
:scared1: What in the world?! I'm so confused... :laughing:

Like is this a running nightgown that someone sewed a skirt into by mistake?
Nailed it. I couldn't think of a better theory myself.

Loved your latest vlogs! I was wondering when the banana swing thing would come into play - I love that addition to your vlog intro! :thumbsup2

And instead we got this:

Did the cake pops at least taste good? lol Funny the way they make it look so easy....sigh!

I LOVE Shake Shack and miss it so much since there used to be one near where my parents always stayed in South Florida. The cheese fries are the best. I actually could take or leave their burgers and would always get the cheese fries, with a Purple Cow to drink. My fave. Yum.

Loved your Denver vlogs and looked like a fun trip. My son is applying to college in Denver! If he ends up going...I will definitely re-read all your recos lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!